Sunday, July 17, 2016

Making Your Home Sing Monday


Making your home sing Mondays


Welcome to the Making Your Home Sing Monday linky party!  Every day you are doing something to make your house into a home for yourself and your family (if you have one). 

My point with each Monday post is, what are YOU doing or going to do today to make your home sing?  It can be an attitude or an action. So have fun, do some blog hopping, and link up!  Thanks!


Topics can include marriage, parenting, encouraging women, organization, cleaning, saving money, our behavior and attitudes, homemaking, homeschooling, recipes.....the opportunities are endless.


Note: We had 94 linkups last week!  You guys are awesomely amazing and amazingly awesome!  Don't forget to visit one another and try to leave a comment on at least one blog to encourage someone today!  :)  

On the left sidebar (down towards the bottom) is the "Making Your Home Sing! Monday" button which I'd love for you to grab and paste into your post!  It is a "no-follow" button.

Just in case you remember my post from last week, I thought I would tell you that I did indeed get my bedroom and my house cleaned up, lol!

The funny thing is that I got everything all cleaned up but right now, as I write this post, my dining room is a little messy.  ;)

However, it would only take about five minutes to clean it up so I'm not worried.  

I have a bag of stuff that's waiting to go to the thrift store, two bags of items that need to be returned to another store, a laundry basket, a small pile of papers, and another bag of something (I have no idea what's in that one, lol).

So right after I wrote this last sentence I walked over to my dining room to see what was in that last bag that I wrote about.

There was nothing in there.   NOTHING.

It was EMPTY.

I (assuming it was me, anyway) left an empty plastic bag in the dining room.  I mean seriously, how hard would it have been to put the bag away after I removed whatever was inside of it?   I know....life changing......right?

Just in case you were wondering, I have since put it in the recycling, lol!

One thing I've realized is that when I only have a "little" mess it is tempting for me to leave it and tell myself I will get to it later.

The problem with doing that is that it will often turn into a BIGGER mess later if I put it off for too long.

If I leave ONE dish in the sink - it multiplies.

If I leave out ONE piece of paper - it multiplies.

If I leave out one item of clothing - it multiplies.

That's because if I do it once.......I will do it again.

I know myself.  And THAT'S why I've got to stay on top of things.

Clutter multiplies, and when clutter multiplies that means that my WORKLOAD multiplies because it now takes longer to clean it.

Five minutes now or 50 minutes later!   I'll take the five minutes!

What are you doing or going to do today to make your home sing? Please go here for instructions and/or ideas and come back here to link up to join us today!


If you don't want to miss any blogs posts, you can subscribe
by 

RSS, Bloglovin, Feedly
Facebook or Email 


I'd love to connect with you


4 comments:

  1. Nan, my friend...I'll take the five minutes, too! Great reminder today. Thank you for hosting, too. Blessings. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for hosting the link party! Very thoughtful notes by you. So true to every home-maker.

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by today! Please feel free to subscribe to my blog and/or follow me on facebook. The links are at the bottom of each post.

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you! Please keep it nice and sweet and family friendly so I don't have to delete!

Please don't leave a link to your blog (or anyone else's) in your comment. Due to google's new comment spam policy, any comments with links will have to be deleted to protect both you and me!