Sunday, December 6, 2015

Making Your Home Sing Monday Linky Party


Making your home sing Mondays


Welcome to the Making Your Home Sing Monday linky party!  Every day you are doing something to make your house into a home for yourself and your family (if you have one). 

My point with each Monday post is, what are YOU doing or going to do today to make your home sing?  It can be an attitude or an action. So have fun, do some blog hopping, and link up!  Thanks!


Topics can include marriage, parenting, encouraging women, organization, cleaning, saving money, our behavior and attitudes, homemaking, homeschooling, recipes.....the opportunities are endless.


Note: We had 125 linkups last week!  You guys are awesomely amazing and amazingly awesome!  Don't forget to visit one another and try to leave a comment on at least one blog to encourage someone today!  :)  

On the left sidebar (down towards the bottom) is the "Making Your Home Sing! Monday" button which I'd love for you to grab and paste into your post!  It is a "no-follow" button.


I had planned on telling you about our Disney trip but I totally forgot to work on my post about it.  

This was a busy week for me.  Every evening this past week (except for Thursday) I had taken up with some form of ministry.  Some of it was children's ministry and some of it was women's ministry.  One evening was a purely social event that I promised I'd go to and one night my family and I were helping to decorate the church.

I usually have 2-3 evenings a week where I am involved in some type of ministry but this last week was overkill, lol!

So I guarded Thursday evening with my life.  When someone asked if they could meet with me this past week, I stated that I did NOT have an evening free (because I was trying to keep one night open so I could stay home).  So we met during the morning instead.

Thursday night was nothing special.  I can't even tell you what I did.  But I can tell you that I did it at HOME!  I am sure pajamas and popcorn were involved.

Sometimes we are just going to have a busier than normal week.  Especially during the holiday season.

It's important to be present and HOME when we're home.

Sometimes we can go, go, go at such a fast pace that we forget to slow down when we're home.

I'm all for keeping the kitchen clean and staying on top of laundry and not getting behind in my cleaning.

But I'm also able to slow down and unwind when I need to.  Even if it means putting off the laundry another day.

Even if it means forgetting to work on my blog post about our trip!  ;)


What are you doing or going to do today to make your home sing? Please go here for instructions and/or ideas and come back here to link up to join us today!



If you don't want to miss any blogs posts, you can subscribe
by 
RSS, Bloglovin, Feedly
Facebook or Email 


I'd love to connect with you










17 comments:

  1. Nan...Pajamas and popcorn? We're friends for life! Thank you for hosting my friend. Have an awesome week. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you could taste my hubby's popcorn. He makes it on the stove from scratch. Really yummy!

      Delete
    2. My husband makes popcorn on the stove from scratch, too!!! Yes, its the best.

      Delete
  2. Maybe we all needed to hear this reminder to slow our pace at such a busy time of year, Nan. I'm looking forward to hearing about your trip, but am also encouraged to be more intentional about my "down time" and my "home time." I need it and it refuels me to continue to give. I'm sure it was helpful for you to resume all the activities and responsibilities as well, my friend. You keep those popcorn and pj's nights on the calendar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure will! It refuels me, as you said, and I need that.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. You're welcome, Debbie. Thanks for linking up and I hope you have a great week!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for hosting and have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome and you too, Joanna! Thanks for linking up.

      Delete
  5. Hi Nan, thank for the great party. See you next week. Best wishes, Darlene

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always a pleasure, Darlene! You have a wonderful week too.

      Delete
  6. Oh my!! Your week sounds like mine!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well then we both deserve a vacation.....except that I just had mine, hahaha.

      Delete
  7. Hi! First time here, thanks for hosting a great party! Will return next week. Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Lela! I am so happy to "meet" you and so excited that you linked up today! Thank you for stopping by and see you soon!

      Delete
  8. Nan, thank you for hosting in the midst of this busy season. Thanks, too, for the reminder to take time to relax and enjoy the season!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Donna. I think we all need to keep reminding ourselves of what's really important during this time of year. Especially as things get more hectic and tempers might start to flare!

      Delete

So glad you stopped by today! Please feel free to subscribe to my blog and/or follow me on facebook. The links are at the bottom of each post.

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you! Please keep it nice and sweet and family friendly so I don't have to delete!

Please don't leave a link to your blog (or anyone else's) in your comment. Due to google's new comment spam policy, any comments with links will have to be deleted to protect both you and me!