Sunday, November 29, 2015

Making Your Home Sing Monday Linky Party


Making your home sing Mondays


Welcome to the Making Your Home Sing Monday linky party!  Every day you are doing something to make your house into a home for yourself and your family (if you have one). 

My point with each Monday post is, what are YOU doing or going to do today to make your home sing?  It can be an attitude or an action. So have fun, do some blog hopping, and link up!  Thanks!


Topics can include marriage, parenting, encouraging women, organization, cleaning, saving money, our behavior and attitudes, homemaking, homeschooling, recipes.....the opportunities are endless.


Note: We had 137 linkups last week!  You guys are awesomely amazing and amazingly awesome!  Don't forget to visit one another and try to leave a comment on at least one blog to encourage someone today!  :)  

On the left sidebar (down towards the bottom) is the "Making Your Home Sing! Monday" button which I'd love for you to grab and paste into your post!  It is a "no-follow" button.


My schedule is all off.  It is Saturday night as I write this but my mind is trying to tell me that it is Friday.  Also, I confess that I STILL haven't unloaded the dishwasher yet.

Do you know how unusual that is for me?

Usually I unload it first thing in the morning or my son will do it.  It IS his job but sometimes I will go ahead and do it.  Today he worked all day, came home for five minutes and left again. So no help there.

I just pretty much laid around in my pajamas while Christmas threw up all over my house.  I had my hubby drag out the Christmas boxes yesterday, put a few things up, and then lost my momentum/energy.

Today wasn't much better.  I don't have an excuse.

Frankly, I blame the Christmas Hallmark movies.  Not even kidding.

So now it's nearly 9 p.m. and I have a dishwasher to unload and a kitchen to clean up.  The counters only have a couple of things on them so it will take less than ten minutes to unload and reload the dishwasher and get my kitchen clean.  Still I put it off.

I do that sometimes.  I do like a clean house and I prefer to go to bed with everything back in its place so the house is clean when I go to bed.

But I can also be my own worst enemy and put stuff off until I find myself cleaning the kitchen at midnight or 1 a.m because I can't stand waking up to a mess, or folding laundry or running around straightening up and putting stuff away, because I didn't do it earlier in the day.

I have even been known to allow things to pile up for a couple of days and then have to dig myself out.  I don't do that very often though, because I hate playing catch up.

So I have got to whip this kitchen and house into shape before bedtime.  It shouldn't take too long because I haven't let it get very far gone.  

Even so, who wants to clean their house after 9 pm?  I don't recommend it as a rule, but sometimes house rules just have to be broken in order to have peace of mind and sanity!  ;)

So why am I still writing this post and not cleaning?  I blame the internet.

Fair warning: if I DON'T stop procrastinating then things ARE going to pile up and I'm going to have a lot of cleaning to do and going to get grumpy.  Just sayin.

I just remembered that I also have to update the church nursery calendar so I can hand it out to the nursery workers tomorrow.  More work.  Oh fun!  ;)   

I wonder what else I should do now that it's nearly 9 pm?  Vacuum the inside of my car? Mop the floors?  Regrout the bathroom?  Finish putting out the Christmas decorations? Shave my legs?  Groom the dog?  Bake cookies?

I'm stalling.  Can you tell I'm stalling?

Hmmmm.......baking cookies sounds like fun and a great way to stall.  It also totally makes sense that you would want to make a room even messier right before you're planning on cleaning it, right?

Before I go, next week I will tell you about our fun trip to Disneyland and the awesome family we were blessed to spend time with!  But for now, I think I'll go clean something.  Sigh.

What are you doing or going to do today to make your home sing? Please go here for instructions and/or ideas and come back here to link up to join us today!



If you don't want to miss any blogs posts, you can subscribe
by 
RSS, Bloglovin, Feedly
Facebook or Email 


I'd love to connect with you


12 comments:

  1. I feel like my post today resonates and dovetails your thoughts here so much, Nan. I think we both want to be real about our struggles so that others will relax and know that no one is judging them on how often they unload their dishwasher! ;) Love your humor, my friend and can't wait to hear about your trip. Thanks for the linkup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great minds think alike, lol! ;) We all live in our homes and others don't, so we have to find the level of cleanliness (or messiness) that works for us because WE have to live in it. I don't mind if someone else's houses is messy because *I* am not the one who has to clean it, so I figure mess away! I just don't want to let things pile up too much at my house because then it's harder to catch up.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for hosting another great party! Found tons of new projects I want to try out! Would love for you to join my holiday link party every Saturday at noon EST #merryblogmas www.thecrazyorganizedblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would LOVE to do that, Lindsay, if I have any posts that will fit the link up. I will check it out! Thanks for the invite.

      Delete
  3. Nan...I have days like that. It makes us human. :-) I would've totally baked the cookies. Hahaha! Thank you sweet friend for hosting and always making me smile. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! I STILL haven't baked the cookies. been so busy this week and even today is busy. Just popped on here for a moment. But I've been wanting to eat some cookies so I am going to have to make the time.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for hosting another great party this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! Thanks for joining the party!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I assume you meant the spider letter to my hubby? I seriously actually wrote him that note, lol! I figure he needed to be warned. ;)

      Delete
  6. What a fun letter!! If you make cookies, you'll have more dishes to wash :P I love a clean kitchen with the dishes all washed but sometimes now I wait and wash them all at once or get really busy with something and don't do them right away. Just saying.

    Thanks sweet friend for putting the code with my button and adding it to your blog. You are the absolute best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a clean kitchen too. I trained the kids when they were little to load their dishes in the dishwasher after every meal. So the kitchen usually looks clean throughout the day. But sometimes my son doesn't empty the dishwasher right away and I don't get around to it, so dishes pile up in the sink. There are bound to be days like that and you just gotta go with the flow (and the mess, haha).

      Delete

So glad you stopped by today! Please feel free to subscribe to my blog and/or follow me on facebook. The links are at the bottom of each post.

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you! Please keep it nice and sweet and family friendly so I don't have to delete!

Please don't leave a link to your blog (or anyone else's) in your comment. Due to google's new comment spam policy, any comments with links will have to be deleted to protect both you and me!