Sunday, November 1, 2015

Finding Peace When Saying No & MYHSM Linky Party

Making your home sing Mondays


Welcome to the Making Your Home Sing I onday linky party!  Every day you are doing something to make your house into a home for yourself and your family (if you have one). 

My point with each Monday post is, what are YOU doing or going to do today to make your home sing?  It can be an attitude or an action. So have fun, do some blog hopping, and link up!  Thanks!


Topics can include marriage, parenting, encouraging women, organization, cleaning, saving money, our behavior and attitudes, homemaking, homeschooling, recipes.....the opportunities are endless.


Note: We had 109 linkups last week!  You guys are awesomely amazing and amazingly awesome!  Don't forget to visit one another and try to leave a comment on at least one blog to encourage someone today!  :)  

On the left sidebar (down towards the bottom) is the "Making Your Home Sing! Monday" button which I'd love for you to grab and paste into your post!  It is a "no-follow" button.




It’s so stressful and difficult when you’re pulled in many different directions with the needs of others and trying to balance your own family's needs as well.  

I’ve been there.  Have you?


At the time it seems simple enough to say yes.  The person asking needs help, you assume it won't take too long and will easily fit into your already crowded schedule, and you just want to be helpful. 

While you are happy to help, you can often find yourself stretched to the max and/or feeling stressed or even resentful.

There have been times when I will say yes even though I don't want to do it or it doesn't seem like "my" thing, because I think "Well, it's good to stretch yourself," or "But I'm doing it for the Lord!"

Many times I have said yes and been greatly blessed by it.

But sometimes I have said yes out of guilt, or the desire to please.



I have felt guilty for saying “no” many times, but sometimes I have felt even worse saying “yes!”   


There have been times when I will jump to say “yes” without even prayerfully considering it.   Those are the times I usually regret.

In the past, I have had to set a boundary for myself to prayerfully consider a decision for 24 hours before I give an answer for something that demanded a big commitment or a lot of my time.   This is my little "secret" that works for me!




This has been a wise decision for me as it prevents me from making an impulsive decision that I may regret.  It gives me time to pray and consider and seek the wise council of my husband, (or even family and/or friends, if needed).

It has worked well, but sometimes I have crossed my own boundary! 

The difference is the peace that I have when I say “yes” to the right thing and “no” to the wrong thing.  Now, keep in mind it might not be the wrong thing for someone else, but it is the wrong thing for me (at that moment, anyway!)  ;) 

Find that peace!!!!  Say  “no” when your priorities demand it, and don’t feel guilty.  


Realize you made the best possible decision given your priorities right now.   For YOU, today, saying no is better than saying yes. 

Remember, when you say “no” to one thing you’re saying “yes” to something else, and sometimes that “yes” has to be to yourself and your family’s needs!

It is hard to say no, sometimes, but it's often even harder to say yes.  

I have regretted saying "yes" many times, but I have rarely, if ever, regretted saying "no."

What are you doing or going to do today to make your home sing? Please go here for instructions and/or ideas and come back here to link up to join us today!



If you don't want to miss any blogs posts, you can subscribe
by 
RSS, Bloglovin, Feedly
Facebook or Email 


I'd love to connect with you



I am linking up up to these linky parties:

 PhotobucketStrangers and Pilgrims on Earth 
The Life Of Faith

Living Proverbs 31

marriage mondaysWhat Joy Is MineTeaching What Is Good Messy MarriageWise-Woman-Builds 125 Titus 2 Tuesday Button Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for hosting! Wow! You said a lot today. This is a great post! I finally learned to say no and I really feel better and am a better (nicer) person since when I do say yes, I feel like I am doing things with the right attitude. Thanks I needed this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Debbie! I had to learn to say no and it was hard at first. But as you said, it can make us much nicer to be around, lol! ;)

      Delete
  2. i love the suggestion to wait 24 hours...excellent advice! ♥ So easy to get ourselves in unwanted predicaments. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nannette, yes it is. I have a friend who is very impulsive with a very loving, giving heart, but she has often stressed herself out and overwhelmed herself because of it. I told her my "secret" and she has found it to be very helpful as well!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for another awesome party! So many things that I'm adding to my pinterest board :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lindsay! So glad to have you! I am tired tonight. For a minute I thought I was on facebook and couldn't figure out why I couldn't tag you, haha. Must be time for bed, lol!

      Delete
  4. Nan...Saying "no" is not easy but sometimes its necessary. There should not be shame in that. Thank you for the reminder friend. And for hosting a fabulous community. Blessings. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely agree, sometimes it IS necessary and there's no shame in that as you said. Blessings to you too, my friend!

      Delete

So glad you stopped by today! Please feel free to subscribe to my blog and/or follow me on facebook. The links are at the bottom of each post.

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you! Please keep it nice and sweet and family friendly so I don't have to delete!

Please don't leave a link to your blog (or anyone else's) in your comment. Due to google's new comment spam policy, any comments with links will have to be deleted to protect both you and me!