Sunday, October 18, 2015

"Making Your Home Sing Monday" Linky Party


Making your home sing Mondays


Welcome to the Making Your Home Sing Monday linky party!  Every day you are doing something to make your house into a home for yourself and your family (if you have one). 

My point with each Monday post is, what are YOU doing or going to do today to make your home sing?  It can be an attitude or an action. So have fun, do some blog hopping, and link up!  Thanks!


Topics can include marriage, parenting, encouraging women, organization, cleaning, saving money, our behavior and attitudes, homemaking, homeschooling, recipes.....the opportunities are endless.


Note: We had 114 linku ps last week!  You guys are awesomely amazing and amazingly awesome!  Don't forget to visit one another and try to leave a comment on at least one blog to encourage someone today!  :)  

On the left sidebar (down towards the bottom) is the "Making Your Home Sing! Monday" button which I'd love for you to grab and paste into your post!  It is a "no-follow" button.

My son called and asked if he could bring a friend home with him after work.  A couple of his other friends wanted to come over too.  It was 10:30 at night.

I said absolutely.

This happened, on occasion, with his older brother as well.  Once we got a call at midnight asking "Hey mom, can I bring a bunch of friends over?"

We said absolutely.

Sometimes they still want to hang out after bowling or a movie and I'd rather they hang out at my house than in a bar, or out on the street somewhere.  

There have been late nights where the boisterous teasing and loud laughter has made it hard to fall asleep.

But there are a lot of negative things these kids COULD be doing, and if they want to hang out at my house and make bacon at midnight, or play air hockey or a board game, watch a dvd or just sit around and chat......I'm all for it!

We've always wanted our kids to feel that their friends are welcome here.  It has been a great way to get to know their friends over the years.

The only thing I insist on is that they pick up after themselves.  They can eat the food, drink the pop, and use the bathrooms but by golly, they had better clean up after themselves! Because I am not waking up to pop cans and chip bags and dishes everywhere.   ;)

I trained my kids pretty well and their friends that have frequented our house over the years know the "rules."  It's not unusual to see a 6'7" young man stoop down to put his dishes in my dishwasher.  (I keep waiting for him to bump his head when he goes downstairs but he's used to ducking.)

There have also been a few times when we have said no, can't another parent host tonight?   Sometimes I just have GOT to get my beauty sleep........  ;)

But tonight we said "absolutely!"

What about you?  What are you saying "absolutely" to this week?

What are you doing or going to do today to make your home sing? Please go here for instructions and/or ideas and come back here to link up to join us today!



If you don't want to miss any blogs posts, you can subscribe
by 
RSS, Bloglovin, Feedly
Facebook or Email 


I'd love to connect with you


12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. You're welcome! Thanks for linking up.

      Delete
  2. I'm not saying "absolutely" to a whole lot this week, Nan, because my hubby and I are gearing up for a two week vacation. I always wonder if taking a vacation is worth it for all the work that must be done ahead of time and afterwards to catch back up! ;) Thanks for hosting, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how fun! We're going on vacation pretty soon too!

      We used to go camping a lot when the kids were younger, and I always dreaded the first few hours after coming home because there was so much WORK involved!

      The trailer had to be unloaded and swept and mopped. The kids had to be bathed. Groceries had to be put away. Clothes had to be washed, as there were always MOUNDS of laundry to do after a camping trip. Especially if it rained.

      Fortunately this time we're going to Disneyland again so all I have to do is pack!

      Delete
  3. Love this post! I always wanted to be the go-to house for My Three Sons too...at least i knew where they were and what they were doing. Thank you for your sweet words and the linkup Nan. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted to be "that" house too, Nannette. For the same reasons as you! Thanks for linking up today.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. You're welcome! Thanks for linking up.

      Delete
  5. Hi Nan! Thanks for hosting the link up (it's our first one!). I so agree with you - let the kids come over. You just never know which one of those kids might be having it rough and needs a safe place, which kid needs the love of God given through you and your family.

    This week, we are saying "absolutely!" to taking our business where God wants it to - even if it's a scary place :-)

    XOXO,

    Carrie and Chanda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy to have you linking up with us all, Carrie and Chanda! So glad you've joined us.

      How exciting and yes, scary, to be building a new business! But so rewarding and you learn so much!

      Delete
  6. Youth Groups.... TWO of them, back-to-back. Why 2? Because one is Tuesday, one is Wednesday and at least when they are hanging out with friends there... they are learning something more about the Kingdom of Heaven :-) I'm the same as you about hanging out as well. I'm blessed to know my kids can feel comfortable with their friends here and not somewhere else chancing trouble!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, two youth groups? That'll keep you busy, lol! Yes, it's a blessing to know that our kids are making friendships in the Lord!

      Delete

So glad you stopped by today! Please feel free to subscribe to my blog and/or follow me on facebook. The links are at the bottom of each post.

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you! Please keep it nice and sweet and family friendly so I don't have to delete!

Please don't leave a link to your blog (or anyone else's) in your comment. Due to google's new comment spam policy, any comments with links will have to be deleted to protect both you and me!