Sunday, September 27, 2015

Making Your Home Sing Monday Linky Party


Making your home sing Mondays


Welcome to the Making Your Home Sing Monday linky party!  Every day you are doing something to make your house into a home for yourself and your family (if you have one). 

My point with each Monday post is, what are YOU doing or going to do today to make your home sing?  It can be an attitude or an action. So have fun, do some blog hopping, and link up!  Thanks!


Topics can include marriage, parenting, encouraging women, organization, cleaning, saving money, our behavior and attitudes, homemaking, homeschooling, recipes.....the opportunities are endless.


Note: We had 110 linkups last week!  You guys are awesomely amazing and amazingly awesome!  Don't forget to visit one another and try to leave a comment on at least one blog to encourage someone today!  :)  

On the left sidebar (down towards the bottom) is the "Making Your Home Sing! Monday" button which I'd love for you to grab and paste into your post!  It is a "no-follow" button.

Today was my mom's memorial service (as I write this).  You can imagine how tired I am!  ;)

My mom would have loved the service, but mostly she would have loved seeing all the family together.  My family and I were talking about how it took an event like this for everyone to drive over or fly in from out of state.

It's so easy to grow apart when the kids grow up and move away.  Some families are really good at keeping in touch and having get togethers.  We're not really one of them.

Over the years I have had one sibling fighting severe heart disease and open-heart surgery (twice), and another sibling fighting cancer (four times), and as their health has declined, so has their ability to be able to get through a whole day without needing some very long naps.  

So big family reunions are difficult for them, not to mention the traveling to get there (they both live several hours from me).  So there have been things they have missed due to their health and not being able to make the trip.  But they were able to make the trip today!

There are other ways to keep in touch with family when you can't be there in person.  The phone still works!  And you can even Skype.  Snail mail works too, as well as email.  There's probably other stuff out that that I haven't even heard of yet.

I keep in touch with my siblings mostly through phone calls.  But we also text  (well, some of us do).  Texting is kind of hard and slow for me, but I like it.  It's just painful for others to watch me text, lol!   ;)

I can't get ANY of my siblings on facebook.  Believe me, I have tried.  I have one sister-in-law who is on there, but can't get anybody else.

I don't have one sibling that lives in the same town as I.  They all live anywhere from an hour to several hours away.  One even lives an airplane ride away!  ;)

So how do you keep in touch with YOUR siblings?  What special things do you do to stay connected?

What are you doing or going to do today to make your home sing? Please go here for instructions and/or ideas and come back here to link up to join us today!



If you don't want to miss any blogs posts, you can subscribe
by 
RSS, Bloglovin, Feedly
Facebook or Email 

I'd love to connect with you




10 comments:

  1. I'm an only child but I do come from a very close nit family. Luckily most all of us live in the same town

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that's wonderful to all be so close! When I was first married all my family lived nearby, except one sibling. Then people got jobs and things that pulled them away to other towns....bummer! As for being an only child, you probably have friends that are just as close to you as siblings are! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Monday! Thank you for hosting... have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for hosting another great party. Wishing you the best, Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been thinking of you, Nan, and know that God's special presence has been with you all week. It must have been special to see all your relatives even though you haven't seen many of them in a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just linking up with your party today, and wanted to share my condolences with you on the loss of your mother, but praying that the precious memories you've made with her throughout the years will bring you comfort. I live the farthest distance from my siblings, but we keep in touch rather regularly, and we all get together once a year at Thanksgiving, it is a very special time. I hope that your time with your siblings was very blessed :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I can imagine how tired you must be. But I pray that you will find time to rest and breath this coming week. I keep in touch with my sister via facebook and my brother with the very occasional phonecall though we are also 'friends' on facebook. It is a prayer of my heart that my children find ways to stay in touch as they eventually leave home. My family have had family reunion holidays every so often - to celebrate big birthdays of my folks mainly. We book 4 cabins side by side and spend a week living in each other's shoes!! It has certainly helped the cousins to know each other since we live in 3 different corners of the country.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We had my husband's father's funeral this past week. We saw family we haven't seen since his grandmother's funeral and grandfather's funeral. We're white sheep of the family and don't really fit in, but we've kept in contact with his brother and sister and they visit every few years.

    I don't keep in contact with my brothers. No animosity, just no relationship. Broken home and all that.

    My condolences. I know you'll miss your mama very much. God bless you.
    Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so sorry for the loss of your mother. May the Lord give you comfort and peace. May you know that He is near to you. ~Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  10. My condolences to you, Nan, for the loss of your mother. All of my family lives in the mid-west and south (I am in Montana). We use to have a habit of holiday calls where they passed around the phone so I could talk to everyone! Handwritten sentiments are always appreciated as well. Blessings to you as you adjust to this change, ma God comfort you and yours.

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by today! Please feel free to subscribe to my blog and/or follow me on facebook. The links are at the bottom of each post.

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you! Please keep it nice and sweet and family friendly so I don't have to delete!

Please don't leave a link to your blog (or anyone else's) in your comment. Due to google's new comment spam policy, any comments with links will have to be deleted to protect both you and me!