Sunday, September 20, 2015

Making Your Home Sing Monday Linky Party


Making your home sing Mondays


Welcome to the Making Your Home Sing Monday linky party!  Every day you are doing something to make your house into a home for yourself and your family (if you have one). 

My point with each Monday post is, what are YOU doing or going to do today to make your home sing?  It can be an attitude or an action. So have fun, do some blog hopping, and link up!  Thanks!


Topics can include marriage, parenting, encouraging women, organization, cleaning, saving money, our behavior and attitudes, homemaking, homeschooling, recipes.....the opportunities are endless.


Note: We had 110 linkups last week!  You guys are awesomely amazing and amazingly awesome!  Don't forget to visit one another and try to leave a comment on at least one blog to encourage someone today!  :)  

On the left sidebar (down towards the bottom) is the "Making Your Home Sing! Monday" button which I'd love for you to grab and paste into your post!  It is a "no-follow" button.

My mom went home to be with Jesus last Friday.  In fact, I had just finished writing last week's linky party post when I got the phone call.

She had been ill for five months and in and out of the hospital.  We nearly lost her a few times.

During the first few months of her illness she was mostly unable to talk with us and sometimes didn't know who we were and, at one point in July, was given two hours to live. So we loved on her and family came from all over and we said our goodbyes that night.

Then she had an amazing God-given recovery and she was able to talk with us again and knew who we were and able to give hugs and say "I love you"  and have conversations with us for two whole months before she passed away.

We consider those last two months with her as bonus months, since she was on the brink of death and the Lord brought her back to us.

Many years ago my mom asked that I keep her journals after she was gone.  She asked me to read through them and one day, I will.  Believe me, there are a LOT of them so it will take awhile.    ;)

At the time, the journals seemed like a "curse" because I don't like a lot of clutter and I didn't really want to store them.  As I got older I realized what a treasure they would be.  And they are.

I still can't believe she's gone but I know that she is with the Lord and also with my dad, and she's happy and healthy and able to breathe and run around!  And one day, I will see her and my dad again when God calls me home.  And, more importantly, I will see my Lord and Savior!   :)

My mom set an amazing godly example for me as a wife, as a mom, and as a woman and I am thankful that the Lord chose her to be my mom!  

What are you doing or going to do today to make your home sing? Please go here for instructions and/or ideas and come back here to link up to join us today!



If you don't want to miss any blogs posts, you can subscribe
by 
RSS, Bloglovin, Feedly
Facebook or Email 

I'd love to connect with you




16 comments:

  1. Thank you for hosting! So sorry about your mom. It is hard to wtch their health decline, but it is awesome you have those journals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Debbie. Yes, it is hard to watch that and no matter how much you know it is coming, it's still hard to let them go. But I'm glad she's not suffering anymore.

      Delete
  2. What a fantastic gift your mom gave you, Nan! I wish I had my mother's journals (she didn't keep journals, by the way!). I bet as you read over mother's words, your grieving heart will heal so much deeper and more profoundly because of her gracious gift. Hugs to you in this time of loss, though. You are in my thoughts and prayers, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Beth. I appreciate those prayers! Today was a hard day. She not only kept regular personal journals, she kept spiritual journals. I don't keep journals either (although I did as a child) and so I guess my kids won't get any of that from me. But they're boys so maybe they won't care. ;)

      Delete
  3. Nan, your strength in the loss of your Mom is inspiring. She would be proud. Mimi xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet word and comforting words, Mimi! God has been so faithful to walk me through this!

      Delete
  4. Oh, I just want to give you a hug. I know you'll miss your mama. I miss mine. What a treasure her journals will be for you.
    May God bring comfort to you and your family.
    Laura
    Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Laura. I'm sorry you have lost your mom, too. Yes, I am so glad I have them now!

      Delete
  5. Praying for God to richly bless you and your family at this time, and thank you for hosting this link up when I'm sure there are many other things on your mind and for you to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your prayers, Gwen! Yes, I am pretty busy I'll admit, lol! But it's nice to have some "normal" routine in my life right now as it's a comfort.

      Delete
  6. Hello Nan, so sorry for your loss. I thank God for the time you had her and for the comfort you have in God. I pray for God's continued strength on you and your family.
    Thank you for the linky.

    Do you mind joining us at EncourageMe Linkup? @ http://www.graciousinsight.org/is-god-lost-link-up-week-2/

    Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Grace. What a lovely name! Thank you for inviting me to your link up. I will check it out when I can!

      Delete
  7. Oh I'm so sorry to hear about your mom's passing. May all the good memories take over the pain in your heart, in time.

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by today! Please feel free to subscribe to my blog and/or follow me on facebook. The links are at the bottom of each post.

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you! Please keep it nice and sweet and family friendly so I don't have to delete!

Please don't leave a link to your blog (or anyone else's) in your comment. Due to google's new comment spam policy, any comments with links will have to be deleted to protect both you and me!