Sunday, September 6, 2015

Making Your Home Sing Monday Linky Party


Making your home sing Mondays


Welcome to the Making Your Home Sing Monday linky party!  Every day you are doing something to make your house into a home for yourself and your family (if you have one). 

My point with each Monday post is, what are YOU doing or going to do today to make your home sing?  It can be an attitude or an action. So have fun, do some blog hopping, and link up!  Thanks!


Topics can include marriage, parenting, encouraging women, organization, cleaning, saving money, our behavior and attitudes, homemaking, homeschooling, recipes.....the opportunities are endless.


Note: We had 115 linkups last week!  You guys are awesomely amazing and amazingly awesome!  Don't forget to visit one another and try to leave a comment on at least one blog to encourage someone today!  :)  

On the left sidebar (down towards the bottom) is the "Making Your Home Sing! Monday" button which I'd love for you to grab and paste into your post!  It is a "no-follow" button.

I actually planned on having a "real" post this week, I really did.  But my mom is back in the hospital again. So I've been busy running back and forth spending time with her.

She has lost the ability to communicate again and the doctors don't know why.   She seems to be able to say the word "no" pretty well, though, lol!

She said "no" very clearly twice today, and then even said a complete sentence.  After that, she was back to not being able to talk.

She did NOT have a stroke, for which I'm thankful.  But now they are in the process of eliminating things in order to figure out the cause.

She recognized me today, I think.  She is now able to smile (she couldn't smile two days ago) and seemed very happy to see me.  Four days ago she was talking and laughing and conversing and then, in one day, she lost the ability to talk, smile, or move.

But I think she couldn't move because she was just so out of it.  She just laid there unmoving when they brought her into the hospital, unable to respond to anything around her at the time.

But now she can smile and move her arms and legs, just can't talk.  Beyond a few words, I mean.

I don't know if she knows specifically who I am, but she recognizes that I am someone she knows.  I suspect that she knows I am her daughter, since she greeted me with a hug (and she tried to form a kiss) and she didn't do that to the nurse. 

Anyway, I feel that we, as her family, are an important part of her recovery, so I want to be there when I can.

Back in July the doctors, at one point, gave her two hours to live but God brought her back, so all this extra time with her is BONUS time and we are making the most of it!  :)

What are you doing or going to do today to make your home sing? Please go here for instructions and/or ideas and come back here to link up to join us today!



If you don't want to miss any blogs posts, you can subscribe
by 
RSS, Bloglovin, Feedly
Facebook or Email 

I'd love to connect with you


14 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear of your Mother's situation.
    You and your family are in my prayers.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda. Your prayers are very much appreciated!

      Delete

  2. Big HUGS to you!

    Father God, I ask you to bring forth complete healing in Mother from the inside out and the outside in. I pray she will have complete restoration of her speech, recognition and everything. I ask it in the name of Jesus the Christ, Amen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for praying for my mom, Laura! We have an awesome God and we're just trusting her to His care.

      Delete
  3. Have a wonderful Labor Day and thank you for hosting!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too, Ashleigh, and thanks for linking up!

      Delete
  4. Nan, my friend...I am praying for your mom's complete healing. I'm thankful she is making progress and that you can be with her as much as you can. Thank you for hosting faithfully. Blessings sweet friend. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Naomi, I really appreciate it. It's been a roller coaster with her health since May. We've nearly lost her a few times, and it's hard to see her going backward. But we're praying for healing!

      Delete
  5. Prayers to you and your family. Thank you for hosting the party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your prayers, and thank YOU for linking up!

      Delete
  6. Thanks so much for hosting and enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Joanna. I hope that you have an awesome week too!

      Delete

So glad you stopped by today! Please feel free to subscribe to my blog and/or follow me on facebook. The links are at the bottom of each post.

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you! Please keep it nice and sweet and family friendly so I don't have to delete!

Please don't leave a link to your blog (or anyone else's) in your comment. Due to google's new comment spam policy, any comments with links will have to be deleted to protect both you and me!