Sunday, August 23, 2015

Making Your Home Sing Monday Linky Party


Making your home sing Mondays


Welcome to the Making Your Home Sing Monday linky party!  Every day you are doing something to make your house into a home for yourself and your family (if you have one). 

My point with each Monday post is, what are YOU doing or going to do today to make your home sing?  It can be an attitude or an action. So have fun, do some blog hopping, and link up!  Thanks!


Topics can include marriage, parenting, encouraging women, organization, cleaning, saving money, our behavior and attitudes, homemaking, homeschooling, recipes.....the opportunities are endless.


Note: We had 119 linkups last week!  You guys are awesomely amazing and amazingly awesome!  Don't forget to visit one another and try to leave a comment on at least one blog to encourage someone today!  :)  

On the left sidebar (down towards the bottom) is the "Making Your Home Sing! Monday" button which I'd love for you to grab and paste into your post!  It is a "no-follow" button.

I hate to be the one to point it out to you but summer is nearly at an end.

Actually, for some of you summer IS at an end because your children are back in school.

I have one week left of summer and then all of my school-year church ministries start up as well as my after-school caregiving, so I am going to be much busier.

The only thing I am ready to have end is the hot weather.  I am so OVER it.

So I say bring on the fall because I am ready for some cooler weather.

I just wish we could bring on the fall without all the fall-related activities.  I am not yet ready to have my schedule ramp up.

My mind and  body are still on summer time.

Plus, my summer was VERY busy and not very relaxing due to my mom's illness (and nearly dying), my two months of physical therapy for my back, and some other things that happened.

But I am very thankful to the Lord that my mom is still with us, and I cherish every moment I get to spend with her as we almost lost her, as I said.

Summer isn't always relaxing, even though we often have this hope and expectation that it will be.

I suppose we get that from our childhood, when we expect summer to be just one big playtime.

So then we carry that expectation into adulthood and sometimes summer can be a let-down.

But I still love summer because......hello, sunshine and the days get longer!  And I can wear shorts!  And flip flops!  And it doesn't rain for awhile.

Except now, as I said, I am sick of the heat and want some cooler weather.  I just want cooler weather with nothing on my schedule.......and days and days of absolutely nothing to do. Wouldn't that be nice?

I suppose I would get bored, but it might be kind of nice!  ;)   Oh well!

On the other hand, fall means cooler weather, rain, the leaves changing colors, and days where sometimes the only thing you want to do is curl up with a good book.

Hmmmm, fall may not be so bad after all!   

What are you doing or going to do today to make your home sing? Please go here for instructions and/or ideas and come back here to link up to join us today!



If you don't want to miss any blogs posts, you can subscribe
by 
RSS, Bloglovin, Feedly
Facebook or Email 

I'd love to connect with you


10 comments:

  1. Blessings to you this week and thank you for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God bless you too, Terri! And thanks for linking up! :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. You are welcome, Debbie. Thank YOU for stopping by and linking up again!

      Delete
  3. Nan....Like you, I'm done with the heat. We had one morning last week where the morning temps were 60 degrees!!! I loved it. Thank you sweet friend for hosting and hoping you have a fabulous week. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, bring on the fall!!!!! You have a fabulous week too, my dear!

      Delete
  4. Happy last week of August! Thank you so much for hosting! Have a wonderful week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you too, Ashleigh! And you're welcome!

      Delete
  5. School started back for us today and I am definitely ready for some fall weather also! Thanks for hosting and hope you have a wonderful week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too, my friend! That first week of school can be a little rough as everyone adjusts to the routine again. But sometimes it's just so nice to BE back in a routine!

      Delete

So glad you stopped by today! Please feel free to subscribe to my blog and/or follow me on facebook. The links are at the bottom of each post.

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you! Please keep it nice and sweet and family friendly so I don't have to delete!

Please don't leave a link to your blog (or anyone else's) in your comment. Due to google's new comment spam policy, any comments with links will have to be deleted to protect both you and me!