Sunday, August 9, 2015

Do You Have A Plan? & MYHSM Linky Party


Making your home sing Mondays


Welcome to the Making Your Home Sing Monday linky party!  Every day you are doing something to make your house into a home for yourself and your family (if you have one). 

My point with each Monday post is, what are YOU doing or going to do today to make your home sing?  It can be an attitude or an action. So have fun, do some blog hopping, and link up!  Thanks!


Topics can include marriage, parenting, encouraging women, organization, cleaning, saving money, our behavior and attitudes, homemaking, homeschooling, recipes.....the opportunities are endless.


Note: We had 106 linkups last week!  You guys are awesomely amazing and amazingly awesome!  Don't forget to visit one another and try to leave a comment on at least one blog to encourage someone today!  :)  

On the left sidebar (down towards the bottom) is the "Making Your Home Sing! Monday" button which I'd love for you to grab and paste into your post!  It is a "no-follow" button.


Last week I had BIG plans to get stuff done around here.  I had lists of things that needed doing and projects I wanted to work on. 

I was even excited when last Monday rolled around because I had a plan.  

Then, as you know often happens, God......and life.....had other plans.

The week looked fairly free at the beginning.  I only had one dentist appointment that week, and also had an appointment to get my allergy shot on another day.  My schedule was wide open.

So far so good.

Things started popping up, a friend needed help with something, one of my sons needed help with something else, another friend had a situation with her daughter and we spent hours dealing with it (some of that at urgent care), I had to drive someone somewhere......one thing after another.

My days took on a life of their own.

One day I left at 9 a.m. and didn't get home until 6 p.m.  And THAT was the day that I originally thought I'd be able to spend at home.

And then, of course, I am still visiting my mom in the nursing home. I basically go every day and have for months because she's been so ill.  She is now slowly recovering and regaining her strength. (She is now out of the hospital, by the way.  Praise God!)

Last week I was tired by the time evening rolled around and didn't feel like attacking my list very much.

But let the record show that ONE of the things that week involved ice cream with a friend and another involved a pedicure.  Both things were unexpected and unplanned, but hey, if you call me up and say "Do you want to go for ice cream?" or "Do you want to go get a pedicure?"  I am THERE for you.

So now we come to THIS week.

I have at least one thing every day this week.

Some of you are thinking "One thing every day?  She only has ONE thing??????"

But some of these "one things" are going to take a few hours every day.  As in three or four hours. At least.  Some will be longer, some hopefully shorter.

I'm still going into it with a plan. And my list.

But I'm also going into it knowing that my plan and my list needed to be flexible.  As long as the important things get done, the minor things can wait.

People are more important than plans, sometimes.  Not always, because some people will suck the life out of you with their unimportant, never-ending "needs" that are really wants that they want YOU to meet or needs that they want YOU to take care of because they don't want to.

But having a plan is important too, because it puts you in the driver's seat.  You may not always be in control of the vehicle, but you'll have your hand on the wheel!  You'll also have a purpose, a destination, and a plan of how you'll get there.

So what things do YOU have to do this week?  Do you have a plan?


What are you doing or going to do today to make your home sing? Please go here for instructions and/or ideas and come back here to link up to join us today!



If you don't want to miss any blogs posts, you can subscribe
by 
RSS, Bloglovin, Feedly
Facebook or Email 

I'd love to connect with you







8 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for hosting, hope your plan goes well. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for hosting! So glad your Mom is getting better and it it nice you are able to be with her everyday. I always have a plan, that is the only way I get things done every day! Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for hosting! Have a wonderful Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you take the time to be there for so many people, Nan. I think that typically comes with the territory of being a pastor's wife, not to mention, mom. And I totally get that one thing can take up an entire day or most of it. I'm still trying to get my house in shape to sell. We want to downsize. So I've got a list of things that each room in the house needs. But I also went back through and circled those that only take about 15 minutes or so. Those are the ones I'm trying to focus on--doing one each day. It's a huge work in progress, but that's my "plan." Thanks for the linkup, my friend, and so glad to know your mom is doing better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for hosting and have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so remarkable Nan!! I think you are blessing so many people and that is wonderful. Thanks for the linkup.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nan...How funny...my post is about life being interrupted. :-) You responded just as God would have you to. Thank you for hosting dear friend. Hoping you are able to stick with your plan this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for hosting! Hope you have a wonderful week :)

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by today! Please feel free to subscribe to my blog and/or follow me on facebook. The links are at the bottom of each post.

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you! Please keep it nice and sweet and family friendly so I don't have to delete!

Please don't leave a link to your blog (or anyone else's) in your comment. Due to google's new comment spam policy, any comments with links will have to be deleted to protect both you and me!