Sunday, July 12, 2015

Making Your Home Sing Monday Linky Party


Making your home sing Mondays


Welcome to the Making Your Home Sing Monday linky party!  Every day you are doing something to make your house into a home for yourself and your family (if you have one). 

My point with each Monday post is, what are YOU doing or going to do today to make your home sing?  It can be an attitude or an action. So have fun, do some blog hopping, and link up!  Thanks!


Topics can include marriage, parenting, encouraging women, organization, cleaning, saving money, our behavior and attitudes, homemaking, homeschooling, recipes.....the opportunities are endless.


Note: We had 123 linkups last week!  You guys are awesomely amazing and amazingly awesome!  Don't forget to visit one another and try to leave a comment on at least one blog to encourage someone today!  :)  

On the left sidebar (down towards the bottom) is the "Making Your Home Sing! Monday" button which I'd love for you to grab and paste into your post!  It is a "no-follow" button.

My mom has been ill for quite awhile and  we almost lost her yesterday.  It was a very difficult day as the doctor told us to gather the family and say our goodbyes.

As of today her vitals have stabilized and she is still with us and we are praising God and very thankful.

We don't know what tomorrow will bring for her, so we are just taking it one day at a time.

But I have to tell you that during those painful, stressful moments when I tried to take some deep breaths and watched my children and family cry and cried myself, I wondered how I was going to say goodbye to my mom.  But all during this time, I could feel God's faithfulness.

I felt it then and I feel it now.

I don't know if I will have my mom tomorrow but I am just so thankful that I had her for today.

I was not going to post this meme because we have been on quite an emotional roller coaster and it's been exhausting and I just wanted to go to bed, lol!

But then I felt that we should get this party started because I feel like celebrating the great day with my mom!  ;)

What are you doing or going to do today to make your home sing? Please go here for instructions and/or ideas and come back here to link up to join us today!



If you don't want to miss any blogs posts, you can subscribe
by 
RSS, Bloglovin, Feedly
Facebook or Email 

I'd love to connect with you!

26 comments:

  1. Hello Nan,
    I am truly sorry to hear your news of your mama. I know you must love her dearly. May Jesus wrap His arms of love around you and your loved ones. May He cocoon your mama in His Holy Spirit. God bless you with sweet memories.

    Laura Lane
    Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Laura! We sure never expected to have these extra few days with her, after the doctor told us we only had two hours and family was scrambling to get here before she passed. Each day with her is a gift. It always was, but now even more so!

      Delete
  2. I am sorry to hear all that you are going through and I pray that God will bless you all and give you His perfect peace. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Terri! God is so faithful to answer prayer, isn't He?!

      Delete
  3. So sorry to hear about your moms illness, prayers for you and your family at this time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for hosting! So sorry about your Mom. Prayers for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debbie! She had a good day today!

      Delete
  5. Praying for you Nan and all of your family. God is in control ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes He is, Nannette, and I am so glad because it would freak me out if *I* was, hahaha! ;)

      Delete
  6. Thank you for hosting! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome and I hope you have a lovely week too!

      Delete
  7. Praying for your mom and family. Thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joanna, I appreciate it and thanks for linking up!

      Delete
  8. Hi Nan! I've linked up two things this week, one a post on forgivng one self and the other a fun tutorial for painting baskets. Making homes sing! Blessings to you,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful! So happy to have you join the party! Forgiving oneself is very important as often we are good about forgiving others and neglect to forgive ourselves, and the painted baskets sound like fun!

      Delete
  9. Nan...I am praying for your mom and your family during this trying time. I am glad you chose joy and celebrated another day with your mom. Thank you for hosting and praying your week is a good one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Naomi! We are seeing each additional day as a gift and it's certainly more than we expected after being told she only had two hours.

      Delete
  10. Praying for you all Nan. I went through this some years ago and yes He is the Faithful One and holds us through it all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandra! I can't imagine going through something like this without Him!

      Delete
  11. So sorry to hear about your mom. I lost mine in August of 2011, and I know what that emotional rollercoaster can feel like. It's good that you are thankful for every day with her, and that you are hanging on to God at this time---both of those things are very important. Thank you for hosting despite your family stuff, I'm praying for you.
    ~Kristi@Stone Family Farmstead

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kristi. I am sorry for the loss of your mom. I lost my dad nearly seven years ago. It's always hard to lose a parent or any loved one, for that matter. "Emotional rollercoaster" is correct, that's exactly the term we were using to describe this last weekend! ;)

      Delete
  12. Thanks for hosting! Hope you have an amazing week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too, my dear! And, you're welcome! :)

      Delete
  13. Praying for your family and your mom's illness. She is such a sweetie so enjoy each moment and the little blessings she gives you. Thanks for hosting. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Judy, and I love you too! We are just treasuring these moments with her because we almost lost her. Thank you for your prayers, they are much appreciated!

      Delete

So glad you stopped by today! Please feel free to subscribe to my blog and/or follow me on facebook. The links are at the bottom of each post.

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you! Please keep it nice and sweet and family friendly so I don't have to delete!

Please don't leave a link to your blog (or anyone else's) in your comment. Due to google's new comment spam policy, any comments with links will have to be deleted to protect both you and me!