Sunday, May 10, 2015

Time Is Marching On & MYHSM Linky Party


Making your home sing Mondays


Welcome to the Making Your Home Sing Monday linky party!  Every day you are doing something to make your house into a home for yourself and your family (if you have one). 

My point with each Monday post is, what are YOU doing or going to do today to make your home sing?  It can be an attitude or an action. So have fun, do some blog hopping, and link up!  Thanks!


Topics can include marriage, parenting, encouraging women, organization, cleaning, saving money, our behavior and attitudes, homemaking, homeschooling, recipes.....the opportunities are endless.


Note: We had 118 linkups last week!  You guys are awesomely amazing and amazingly awesome!  Don't forget to visit one another and try to leave a comment on at least one blog to encourage someone today!  :)  

On the left sidebar (down towards the bottom) is the "Making Your Home Sing! Monday" button which I'd love for you to grab and paste into your post!  It is a "no-follow" button.

Image courtesy of iosphere at FreeDigitalPhotos.net

We've had some beautiful weather this last week.  I actually had to break out some shorts and shave my legs!!!!  ;)

I feel like I keep saying this but time just keeps marching on and on and it just seems to go by so fast!

I don't know how it is possible that children who were just born yesterday can be adults today.  How does that happen?

When things just seem to be moving so quickly, and in this fast paced world where new technology today is outdated tomorrow, take some time to slow down and enjoy the people and things that are really important to you!

Are you wasting time dusting things that you don't care about?  Some people would just say "Then hey!  Don't dust!"





I, however, would just suggest that maybe it's time to let go of what you hate so that you can make more room for what you love.


Is there time in your schedule for the people and things you love?  

Are you living YOUR priorities or someone else's?

Does your lifestyle reflect you?  Are you making choices that are best for YOUR family, or are you making choices that suit someone else's family better?

You are allowed to make choices that best honor your family's life.  After all, you're the ones that have to live it.

Your neighbor doesn't have to agree with you.  Your mom doesn't have to agree with you.  Your best-friend-the-decorator doesn't have to agree with you.

If something is cramping your style and doesn't fit your life and it is something that you can simply let go of, do it.

Your home should be comfortable and fun and functional and reflect YOU, the family that lives there. Don't waste the weekend cleaning and dusting things that don't make the grade anymore.

Don't waste time managing things that best represent how your neighbor or your mom thinks you should live, or feeling guilty that your tastes have changed.

It's o.k. to change.  Let yourself change.  Celebrate the change!

Be mindful of your TIME as well.  Does how you spend your time reflect your values?  Are you making time for the people you love?


Live an authentic life that reflects your God-given priorities and what really matters to you.

Even if that authenticity means that you have to reexamine those priorities.

After all, time is marching on!

What are you doing or going to do today to make your home sing? Please go here for instructions and/or ideas and come back here to link up to join us today!



If you don't want to miss any blogs posts, you can subscribe
by 
RSS, Bloglovin, Feedly
Facebook or Email 

I'd love to connect with you!


I am linking up to these linky parties:

 PhotobucketStrangers and Pilgrims on Earth 
The Life Of Faith

Living Proverbs 31

marriage mondaysWhat Joy Is MineTeaching What Is Good Messy MarriageWise-Woman-Builds 125 Titus 2 Tuesday Button Photobucket

15 comments:

  1. Live an authentic life that reflects your God-given priorities and what really matters to you. I just love this statement, and it is so true. Thank you so much for the reminder and for always hosting this great link up. Have a great week. blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Terri! I hope that you have a wonderful week too. God bless!

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for hosting! Loved your thoughts today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Debbie! Always such a joy to have you!

      Delete
  3. Thank you for hosting! I often find myself saying I wish life would slow down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can totally relate. It seems to fly by now and yet it seemed to drag when I was a child, lol!

      Delete
  4. I appreciated this post. I know what you mean...it seems we spend so much of our lives trying to please other people, even at the expense of our own family's comfort. It is so freeing and liberating to lay all of that pressure aside and just do what is best for our own lives. This was a wonderful reminder. Thank you so much for the weekly link-up...I should comment and thank you more often. It just seems I am always in a hurry to get on my way, but I do appreciate you and your blog very much. Happy Mothers Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is, very freeing and helps with our stress-levels, too. Thank you for your sweet words! I don't get around and comment as much as I want to either!

      Delete
  5. Greetings, We hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day and that this week treats you well. We once again thank you for hosting a great party. Keep up the good work.

    Sincerely,
    Denise W. & Aubrie B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I had a lovely day with all my kids and my hubby and even got to visit my mom and my sis!

      Delete
  6. Thanks for hosting! Hope you have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Thank you for joining us and you have a lovely week too!

      Delete
  7. I can't believe this year is almost over! Thanks for hosting & God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Time sure does fly and prioritizing is always wise. Thank you for sharing this week at the Art of Home-Making Mondays ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amen. I have had to do a similar self check semi-regularly to be sure I am making time for the right things (and people). Consequently, my oldest turns 21 in a few weeks, I have a Senior in high school starting this fall seeking dual enrollment and on down the line it goes with a sophomore and my youngest in 7th grade already. It has been a tough year for me, learning to let go of all I miss and hold onto all the great stuff coming down :-) It is that blinking thing.... we just can't blink or it is all going by!!!

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by today! Please feel free to subscribe to my blog and/or follow me on facebook. The links are at the bottom of each post.

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you! Please keep it nice and sweet and family friendly so I don't have to delete!

Please don't leave a link to your blog (or anyone else's) in your comment. Due to google's new comment spam policy, any comments with links will have to be deleted to protect both you and me!