Friday, February 6, 2015

Why I Do Not Iron My Husband's Underwear



I have a confession to make: I do not iron my husband's underwear.

I did not even know that there WERE people doing that, until I was having lunch with a group of women once and someone mentioned it.

Apparently, I was away in the corner eating chocolate and I missed that particular duty when it was discussed in either home-ec class or handed down from generation to generation of women.

What I love about this, though, is that this gal does it out of LOVE, and if love is someone's motivation then far be it from me to discourage it.

However, far be it from me to actually DO it, either.

While I do love my husband, there's no way I can bring myself to iron something that:

 1) no one in the general public will ever see on a day to day basis

2) please see #1.

So, just because I was curious, I googled about ironing men's undies.  It seemed like a good idea at the time.

Bad idea.

After that, I decided that I really did NOT want to know about why people do that and so I just closed the tab. So, since I didn't click on anything I still have no idea why anyone would iron their underwear.

And frankly, I am o.k. with that.

Then we women got into a whole discussion on whether or not it was a waste of time to FOLD underwear.

There was a whole consensus that it was a waste of time.  Except for me, the one lone holdout.  I just GOTTA.

And now I have either reached a new low on my blog or a new high, depending on whether or not you are in the habit of discussing your underwear with a total stranger.

But now that I brought up the whole underwear thing, that kind of makes us besties, right?


If you don't want to miss any blogs posts, you can subscribe
by 
RSS, Bloglovin, Feedly
Facebook or Email 

I'd love to connect with you!


Be sure and come back Monday and link up to the Making Your Home Sing Monday linky party!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Nan....dear Nan, you crack me up! I am with you on this one... I did not know people did this and I kind of wish my "sensitive" 28-year-old eyes had not read about people ironing um....undies. haha :)

    Let's stick our heads back in the corner and eat chocolate, okay? :) Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by today! Please feel free to subscribe to my blog and/or follow me on facebook. The links are at the bottom of each post.

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you! Please keep it nice and sweet and family friendly so I don't have to delete!

Please don't leave a link to your blog (or anyone else's) in your comment. Due to google's new comment spam policy, any comments with links will have to be deleted to protect both you and me!