Sunday, February 8, 2015

Don't Be Afraid To Change Things Up & MYHSM Linky Party


Making your home sing Mondays


Welcome to the Making Your Home Sing Monday linky party!  Every day you are doing something to make your house into a home for yourself and your family (if you have one). 

My point with each Monday post is, what are YOU doing or going to do today to make your home sing?  It can be an attitude or an action. So have fun, do some blog hopping, and link up!  Thanks!


Topics can include marriage, parenting, encouraging women, organization, cleaning, saving money, our behavior and attitudes, homemaking, homeschooling, recipes.....the opportunities are endless.


Note: We had 122 linkups last week!  You guys are awesomely amazing and amazingly awesome!  Don't forget to visit one another and try to leave a comment on at least one blog to encourage someone today!  :)  

On the left sidebar (down towards the bottom) is the "Making Your Home Sing! Monday" button which I'd love for you to grab and paste into your post!  It is a "no-follow" button.




Valentine's Day has been on my mind for several weeks.  I think it's because when I took down my Christmas decorations, I put out some decorations for Valentine's Day.

I mostly just decorated the living room and added some touches of red and a heart or two to the sunroom and also the entry hall.

I have a friend who leaves the same decor accents up year around, year after year (except at Christmas time) and she absolutely LOVES it that way.

I like to change things up a bit.  So January-February is Valentine's motiff.  March-May is bright spring colors (yellows, greens and blues), flowers and garden decor, bunnies and fun.  

June-August is summer in teal and white paisley prints, starfish, shells and/or whatever else strikes my fancy.




Then of course, fall is pumpkins, baskets, wood, sunflowers, candles, soft blankets and warm colors. This is the crib springs from my babies' crib.  I love using it in this way and, for the record,  I saw it on pinterest!

A little trivia just for fun: if you look on the crib springs (you can click the picture to make it bigger) you will see a tiny baby shoe.  That shoe was my mom's baby shoe!



 Christmas is: well, Christmas decorations!  



If you love Valentine's Day, it's not too late to decorate!  It can be something as simple as adding a red candle or a polka dotted basket that you got from the $1 bins at Target.



Or maybe the word "LOVE" just jumps out at you and makes your heart smile.

Whatever it is that puts a smile on your face and will make you think of love, family, laughter, and fat, round puppy bellies just don't be afraid to change things up a bit around the house, and make your home sing this week.


What are you doing or going to do today to make your home sing? Please go here for instructions and/or ideas and come back here to link up to join us today!



If you don't want to miss any blogs posts, you can subscribe
by 
RSS, Bloglovin, Feedly
Facebook or Email 

I'd love to connect with you!




I am linking up to these linky parties:

 PhotobucketStrangers and Pilgrims on Earth 
The Life Of Faith

Living Proverbs 31

marriage mondaysWhat Joy Is MineTeaching What Is Good Messy MarriageWise-Woman-Builds 125 Titus 2 Tuesday Button Photobucket

15 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you for linking up so faithfully, Debbie! :)

      Delete
  2. Cute ideas, Nan! I especially like the babies' crib springs as a background for photos and other seasonal decorations. Pinterest always has such creative ideas and helps to get my creative juices flowing, however I don't decorate for Valentines, Spring or Summer. Thanks so much for hosting, my friend! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it has lots of great ideas. I am afraid I am rarely on it though. I pin stuff from blogs that I like and that's about it. But I do, occasionally, see cute stuff I want to try.

      I never used to decorate for any other holiday than Christmas. Then, one year, for some reason I thought a few "fall" items, and that sort of started.

      For years and years and YEARS I switched my furniture around for fall/winter and spring/summer. When I did that I would change up my decor as well. I still change up my decor but rarely change my furniture placement anymore.

      Delete
  3. Just want to say thanks for hosting a great link up. Have a great week. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Terri! You have a great week too! :)

      Delete
  4. I love your baby crib decoration!!! So very cute! :) Thanks for sharing this on the Art of Home-Making Mondays and thank you for hosting! :) May your week be peaceful and pleasant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love it, too, and especially love being able to use it again (although in a different way). You have a lovely week too, my friend.

      Delete
  5. I always try to link up here. Today, I stopped to say a BIG THANK YOU for hosting.
    God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy that you are taking the time to link up every week and bless us with your posts! :)

      Delete
  6. Thank you for hosting. I'm looking forward to reading some new to me blogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU, Jenny! There are so many great blog posts on here that people link up and they are such an encouragement or full of new ideas. Happy reading!

      Delete
  7. I'm boring!! I only decorate for Christmas. I think I am going to change that UP a bit because you have inspired me!! Thanks Nan, and thanks for the linkup too!! Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how fun! I'll hope you post some pictures! I find that even just a little Dollar store item or something from the Target bins can just put a smile on my face!

      Delete
  8. I enjoy linking up here. Please come link up on my weekly link up parties at somuchathome.blogspot.com.
    God Bless.
    Chris
    So Much At Home

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by today! Please feel free to subscribe to my blog and/or follow me on facebook. The links are at the bottom of each post.

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you! Please keep it nice and sweet and family friendly so I don't have to delete!

Please don't leave a link to your blog (or anyone else's) in your comment. Due to google's new comment spam policy, any comments with links will have to be deleted to protect both you and me!