Sunday, December 14, 2014

Shopping and Making Your Home Sing Monday Linky Party


Making your home sing Mondays


Welcome to the Making Your Home Sing Monday linky party!  Every day you are doing something to make your house into a home for yourself and your family (if you have one). 

My point with each Monday post is, what are YOU doing or going to do today to make your home sing?  It can be an attitude or an action. So have fun, do some blog hopping, and link up!  Thanks!


Topics can include marriage, parenting, encouraging women, organization, cleaning, saving money, our behavior and attitudes, homemaking, homeschooling, recipes.....the opportunities are endless.


Note: We had 115 linkups last week!  You guys are awesomely amazing and amazingly awesome!  Don't forget to visit one another and try to leave a comment on at least one blog to encourage someone today!  :)  

On the left sidebar (down towards the bottom) is the "Making Your Home Sing! Monday" button which I'd love for you to grab and paste into your post!  It is a "no-follow" button.


I had all sorts of plans to work on a blog post for this linky party, then I had to leave my house for most of yesterday and today (which will be yesterday by the time you read this).

We had pipes replaced on the inside of the house and I can't stay here when wood, sheetrock or spray spackling is flying around.  It affects my asthma in a negative way.

So the down side is that I was away from home a lot.  The up side is that I was away from home a lot.

I got to go out to lunch (without feeling guilty about it)  and go shopping for several hours.

As a rule, I really hate shopping.  I do have my moments where I love shopping for certain things. But, generally I am not one of those gals who can go to the mall and shop and shop for hours and just LOVE it.  Nope.

Shopping gives me a headache.

Even as a teen I hated to go to the mall.   Pretty sure my mom was thrilled about that.

Generally, I prefer to go to the store, find what I need, and get out.  I don't like trying on clothes either.

What I really need is someone who looks just like me who will try on clothes for me.  I need a twin.  And not just any twin.  A twin who loves to go shopping. Then SHE could try on all the clothes and I could see if I'd look good in them!

Let's just say that "let's go shopping" is not something you hear me say very often.

As you can imagine, I am VERY popular with all my friends and someone they gladly call whenever they want to go shopping.

Or not.

I also am pretty frugal and so I don't really like spending money.  MY money anyway.  I'll happily spend yours for you.  Just sayin.

But I digress.  So anyway, I killed time eating and shopping and occasionally gave dirty looks to people who drove like they own the road, which is basically what I do every day (minus the shopping).

So what did YOU do this weekend?

What are you doing or going to do today to make your home sing? Please go here for instructions and/or ideas and come back here to link up to join us today!  Click here for more A Day In The Life (of a pastor's wife). 


If you don't want to miss any blogs posts, you can subscribe
by 
RSS, Bloglovin, Feedly
Facebook or Email 

I'd love to connect with you!


3 comments:

  1. Ah, I hate shopping too - unless it's at the hardware or office supply store, and then not to buy but to browse. Hope your plumbing is fixed soon and thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nan...I hope all the plumbing issues are fixed now. It's a drag when things that important break. We spent our weekend laying wood floors down in our daughter's room. We are "remodeling" her room...and yes, right before Christmas! I think who's idea was that? LOL! Have a great week and thank you for hosting.

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by today! Please feel free to subscribe to my blog and/or follow me on facebook. The links are at the bottom of each post.

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you! Please keep it nice and sweet and family friendly so I don't have to delete!

Please don't leave a link to your blog (or anyone else's) in your comment. Due to google's new comment spam policy, any comments with links will have to be deleted to protect both you and me!