Sunday, May 4, 2014

Do You Smile At The Future? & MYHSM Linky Party



Making your home sing Mondays


Welcome to the Making Your Home Sing Monday linky party!  Every day you are doing something to make your house into a home for yourself and your family (if you have one). 

My point with each Monday post is, what are YOU doing or going to do today to make your home sing?  It can be an attitude or an action. So have fun, do some blog hopping, and link up!  Thanks!


Topics can include marriage, parenting, encouraging women, organization, cleaning, saving money, our behavior and attitudes, homemaking, homeschooling, recipes.....the opportunities are endless.


Note: We had 112 linkups last week!  You guys are awesomely amazing and amazingly awesome!  Don't forget to visit one another and try to leave a comment on at least one blog to encourage someone today!  :)  

On the left sidebar (down towards the bottom) is the "Making Your Home Sing! Monday" button which I'd love for you to grab and paste into your post!  It is a "no-follow" button.

Image courtesy of stockimages / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

I remember when I was a teenager and the future stretched out before me and frankly, it was a little scary!  I had no idea what I was going to do with my life and I found that a little intimidating.

One day, I read Proverbs 31:25 and came across the part where it says:


 “..she smiles at the future..." 

and I LOVED the idea that I could just leave my worries in the Lord’s hands and smile at the future.

Whenever I would start to worry about something that might happen, I would remind myself of that verse.  I loved it.   I wanted to smile at the future.

I am in a different season of life myself now. My children are grown, my homeschooling days are over, our first child just got married…….and the future stretches out before me, and it’s unknown and maybe even a little scary! ;)  Yet I still love the idea that I can just leave my worries with Him and smile at the future.


What about you?  Do YOU smile at the future?  


Does it stretch before you with uncertain days and long, weary nights and do you wonder or worry about what it's going to bring?

We can spend so much time worrying about tomorrow that we can't enjoy TODAY.

We can spend so much of our time planning and preparing and worrying about what MIGHT happen that we can miss what IS happening right now.

We can miss our husband's sweet smile, our childrens' whispered "I love you mommy!" as we tuck them in bed or our teenager's "Thanks, mom!  You're awesome!"

Worry can cause us to be present in our bodies but absent in our thoughts, so that we respond as expected but with absent smiles and inattentive hugs, because we're not really "there."

Worry is a distraction.

Seriously, do you have room for one more DISTRACTION in your life?

I don't.

Worry is something that crashes into our lives with a thought, and we INVITE it to stay by continually thinking about it, obsessing over it, and dwelling on it.


Have you ever heard that old saying that worry is like a rocker?  It will give you something to do but you won't get anywhere.

If worry is a habit of yours how about kicking it to the curb and taking up knitting instead?  ;)

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.  (Philippians 4:6-8)


How often are you praying about the things you're worrying about?  After all, if it's big enough to worry about, isn't it big enough to PRAY about?



And if it's not worth praying about, is it worth worrying about?

You and I don't know what the future holds, but we know Who holds the future!

THIS is why we can smile at the future, be "present" with our families, and make our homes sing today and every day!

What are you doing or going to do today to make your home sing? Please go here for instructions and/or ideas and come back here to link up to join us today! 



If you don't want to miss any blogs posts, you can subscribe
by 
RSS, Bloglovin, Feedly
Facebook or Email 

I'd love to connect with you!


I am linking up to these linky parties:

 Photobucket
Living Proverbs 31

marriage mondaysWhat Joy Is MineTeaching What Is Good125 Titus 2 Tuesday Button Messy MarriageFamily Home and LifeWise-Woman-Builds

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for hosting another partay!!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for linking up, Bobbie! You have a great one too!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for the reminder to give it to the Lord instead of keeping it and worrying. Thank you for the link up too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I need to remind myself of this as well. Often we can find ourselves worrying for too long before we remember to take it to the Lord! Or we take it to Him but don't leave it there.

      Delete
  3. Hi, Nan! I hope this finds you well :) Thanks for hosting..I love to visit your link-up! Have a terrific week, friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jacqueline! I'm doing great. Thanks for linking up and you have a wonderful weekend, my friend!

      Delete
  4. This was such a good post. Sometimes my future looks so big and empty after being so full of activity with homeschooling our children. Then, I get my twins back and life is full to the brim and I am wondering how I am going to get everything done. The future can seem scary and I am glad that I don't know what it holds. I am thankful that I know the One who holds the future!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I don't know what it holds either! I was doing the dishes last night and got to thinking that pretty soon our youngest will be leaving the nest. It's so nice to have him home, even though we don't see him much between school and work. Now that his brother is married we don't see him as much either. It makes me realize how much my mother must have missed us all as we grew up!

      Delete

So glad you stopped by today! Please feel free to subscribe to my blog and/or follow me on facebook. The links are at the bottom of each post.

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you! Please keep it nice and sweet and family friendly so I don't have to delete!

Please don't leave a link to your blog (or anyone else's) in your comment. Due to google's new comment spam policy, any comments with links will have to be deleted to protect both you and me!