Friday, April 4, 2014

And THIS Is Why I Did Not Write A Blog Post Tonight




Tonight I had a choice between writing a blog post and eating popcorn.  I thought about it.  Which one should I choose?

I chose popcorn.

Sometimes you just gotta make the tough choices.  Now, if it was chocolate I wouldn't even have hesitated for a moment.  You don't mess around with chocolate.

Why did I have to choose?

Well, I can't eat popcorn and type at the same time as it would mess up the keyboard.

I suppose I could have lapped up the popcorn like a dog, and don't think that that is beneath me because it's not.  I would totally lap it up like a dog.

It's possible some of you have no idea what the words "lapped up" mean.   Just picture a dog eating popcorn and you will get the idea.

Our dogs are crazy about popcorn.  If any of it gets dropped on the floor it is ON.  Our beagle will catch the popcorn before it has a chance to hit the ground.  I've always felt that he would make a great baseball player.

The poodle, on the other hand, just sort of stands there looking all around for popcorn, while her beagle brother is actually eating it all. You point the popcorn out to her and she just looks at your finger.  I think the poodle is waiting for it to be handed to her on a silver platter.  Either that or she's just dumb.

It's moments like this where I wonder if a boring blog post is better than no blog post at all.  But then I remember, I am not writing a blog post tonight because of the popcorn.

Also, my nerves are all shot.

My husband makes the popcorn on the stove. He makes it from scratch and it is yummy!

So he was making popcorn and some pieces got on the burner and started burning and set off the smoke alarm.

Then the smoke alarm set off the dog alarm, which made it worse.

The dog alarm started barking and honestly, it was LOUD!  You can temporarily remove the batteries from a smoke alarm if you want, (although I don't recommend it) but can anyone tell me how to remove the batteries from a dog?  Just don't forget to replace them (the batteries, not the dog, always replace the dog).

So that's why my nerves are all shot.

And then the beagle threw up.

And this is why I did not write a blog post tonight.  This is also why you are now sad that you gave up a minute of your life to read this post.

A minute you will never get back.  I apologize.  Now go and eat some popcorn and you will feel better!


If you don't want to miss any blogs posts, you can subscribe
by 
RSS, Bloglovin, Feedly
Facebook or Email 

I'd love to connect with you!


Be sure and come back Monday and link up to the Making Your Home Sing Monday linky party!

6 comments:

  1. Hello, sweet Nan! How have you been? You had quite the evening.... so sorry about your dog although you did make me smile and giggle :) I hope everything is back to "normal."

    Happy weekend to you! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stephanie, my dear! I've been great! How about you? Yes, it's all good now! ;) Hope you had a great weekend, my friend.

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed reading about your evening. I am sorry that the popcorn made your dog sick. That big bowl really looks good!
    I think I'll go pop some myself now. I'm suddenly hungry. lol!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Hope you enjoyed your popcorn! I don't think the popcorn made him sick as he only had a few pieces (and it was unbuttered). He eats stuff he shouldn't sometimes and then throws up. It's gross but what can you do? Lol!

      Delete
  3. Hee, hee! Thank you for the laugh! I definitely would choose the popcorn, too. And popcorn on the stove? Swoon-worthy. It's the only way we eat it around here. Sorry about the dog barf, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is yummy. Hubby makes good popcorn! That dang dog has a bad habit of eating things outside that he shouldn't sometimes and then he throws up. Sure kind of takes the thrill out of the popcorn when you see it though, haha!

      Delete

So glad you stopped by today! Please feel free to subscribe to my blog and/or follow me on facebook. The links are at the bottom of each post.

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you! Please keep it nice and sweet and family friendly so I don't have to delete!

Please don't leave a link to your blog (or anyone else's) in your comment. Due to google's new comment spam policy, any comments with links will have to be deleted to protect both you and me!