Sunday, April 6, 2014

20 Things I Learned As A Mom & MYHSM Linky Party



Making your home sing Mondays


Welcome to the Making Your Home Sing Monday linky party!  Every day you are doing something to make your house into a home for yourself and your family (if you have one). 

My point with each Monday post is, what are YOU doing or going to do today to make your home sing?  It can be an attitude or an action. So have fun, do some blog hopping, and link up!  Thanks!


Topics can include marriage, parenting, encouraging women, organization, cleaning, saving money, our behavior and attitudes, homemaking, homeschooling, recipes.....the opportunities are endless.


Note: We had 111 linkups last week!  You guys are awesomely amazing and amazingly awesome!  Don't forget to visit one another and try to leave a comment on at least one blog to encourage someone today!  :)  

On the left sidebar (down towards the bottom) is the "Making Your Home Sing! Monday" button which I'd love for you to grab and paste into your post!  It is a "no-follow" button.


1.  I learned I am selfish.

2.  I learned that I could sleep almost anywhere at almost any time in almost any position with almost any noise in the background.

3.  I learned how full my heart could be.

4.  I learned how vulnerable I suddenly had become.

5.  I learned that t.v. toy commercials could be a bad thing.

6. I learned that cartoons could be a good thing.

7.  I learned to really appreciate a rocking chair.

8.  I learned that one child makes A LOT of laundry......and two makes even more.

9.  I learned to sleep with one eye and one ear open.

10.  I learned that I could totally tell the difference between my baby's cries.

11.  I learned that an "innocent" t.v. show or movie was suddenly not so innocent when my young, impressionable child was sitting next to me.

12.  I learned that "stupid-head" was a bad word.

13.  I learned that night terrors were more terrifying for the parent than for the child.

14.  I learned that asking "Where did I come from?" means "What state was I born in?" when you ask further questions of a four year old instead of freaking out.

15.  I learned that small children always believe you can sing beautifully.....even when you can't.

16.  I learned how quickly my children could forgive and let go and move on.

17.  I learned to mourn the loss of "mommy" as I transitioned to being called "mom."

18.  I learned that my children didn't appreciate their naps nearly as much as I did.

19.  I learned how honest children could be about your morning breath.

20. I learned that children think you're beautiful, no matter what.


What are you doing or going to do today to make your home sing? Please go here for instructions and/or ideas and come back here to link up to join us today! 



If you don't want to miss any blogs posts, you can subscribe
by 
RSS, Bloglovin, Feedly
Facebook or Email 

I'd love to connect with you!




I am linking up to these  linky parties:

Photobucket
Living Proverbs 31

marriage mondaysWhat Joy Is Mine125 Titus 2 Tuesday ButtonTeaching What Is Good Messy MarriageFamily Home and LifeWise-Woman-Builds Womanhood With PurposeMissional Womenhttp://christianmommyblogger.com

16 comments:

  1. Thanks for hosting! I always wonder what it's going to be like not to be "mommy" but "mom" as my kids grow. Thankful for the times when they still say "mommy!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Except for the times when they're teenagers or young adults and they really want something and so call you "mommy" to bribe you, lol! ;)

      Delete
  2. Sometimes I still get called mommy and I treasure that moment since I have been 'mom' for a long time now. Usually it is when they want something special, but I don't care, I love it!!

    Thanks for hosting :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, that's exactly what I said in the comment above yours, lol! Mine will do that when they really want something "Mommy........." and I will say "What do you want?" Hahaha!

      Delete
  3. Nan...I learned much of what you ad still learning as they get older like they still need their mom even if they are 24 and living on their own. And that I still want to be hold them close no matter how old they get. Thank you for the smile and link up. Have a blessed Monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I totally agree! Our 25 year old is married and I like to think he still needs me. He doesn't need me to parent him anymore but he still needs me to LOVE him! ;)

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry! I did not see the comment about not putting links to blogs until after I posted! I deleted it! Anyway, I was saying "Thank You" for hosting and inviting you over to Operation Wife for Wifey Wednesdays! I'm sure you can find through google! Again, I apologize! (The deleted comment from Goathelp was mine too! I didn't realize I was signed in under my husband!) What can I say? It's Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha, no problem! Sorry I'm commenting late. I DID link up with you and thank you for the invite! LOL to Monday, I know what you mean. I have "those" days too! ;) I was able to find you easily. I just clicked on your name above your comment.

      Delete
  7. After 27 years..I wish I could STOP doing #9!!! :D Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW!!!!! It's hard to do. When the kids were little my husband couldn't sleep well when I was gone. He was afraid that he would sleep through the kids' cries if they needed him, so he had a difficult time sleeping as he kept waking up in a panic, lol!

      Delete
  8. What a funny, touching list, Nan! I relate to so many of them and it makes me realize just how blessed we are as moms. I love them all but really relate to #18! Oh, how I loved their nap time! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The BEST part of the day, right? Lol! Yes, we are truly blessed to be moms.

      Delete
  9. Great list :) I'm in the early stages of motherhood with a 13-month-old at home and can't relate to all of the list YET, but this one is my favorite so far: "I learned that my children didn't appreciate their naps nearly as much as I did."

    Sometimes I feel bad saying it, but I sure do appreciate when he naps!

    Amy @ http://livinglifetruth.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can totally remember how wonderful those nap times were! But honestly I think it's just so they can recharge their batteries and get up and drive their mommy's crazy trying to keep up with them, lol!

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you! Please keep it nice and sweet and family friendly so I don't have to delete!

Please don't leave a link to your blog (or anyone else's) in your comment. Due to google's new comment spam policy, any comments with links will have to be deleted to protect both you and me!

So I'd still love to hear from you! Just don't type out a link to share! ;)