Sunday, March 2, 2014

My Family Is My Home & MYHSM Linky Party


Making your home sing Mondays


Welcome to the Making Your Home Sing Monday linky party!  Every day you are doing something to make your house into a home for yourself and your family (if you have one). 

My point with each Monday post is, what are YOU doing or going to do today to make your home sing?  It can be an attitude or an action. So have fun, do some blog hopping, and link up!  Thanks!


Topics can include marriage, parenting, encouraging women, organization, cleaning, saving money, our behavior and attitudes, homemaking, homeschooling, recipes.....the opportunities are endless.


Note: We had 91 linkups last week!  You guys are awesomely amazing and amazingly awesome!  Don't forget to visit one another and try to leave a comment on at least one blog to encourage someone today!  :)  

On the left sidebar (down towards the bottom) is the "Making Your Home Sing! Monday" button which I'd love for you to grab and paste into your post!  It is a "no-follow" button.

Image courtesy of stockimages / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

What is one thing that you could do that would make the biggest difference in your home today?  Would it be cleaning your bathroom, mopping the floor, cleaning up the kitchen?

Sometimes we think that "things" make a big impact in our home.  The dirty dishes in the sink, the laundry on the floor that needs to be done, the smelly bathroom.

They all fight for our attention and they DO make a big impact on the smooth running of our home.  But do they change lives?  Do they have the power to put a smile on someone else's face and joy in their heart?

A clean home puts a smile on MY face.

But what is more likely to send our husbands out the door with a sweet smile on their face?  The fact that they have clean socks or that we gave them a hug and said "I love you?"

I happen to think that mornings can be very frustrating and stressful when you can't find anything clean to wear and you can't find any milk to pour on your cereal because you forgot to add it to the shopping list.

For some people, having clean socks, or a good home-cooked meal makes them feel loved.  It is a way of saying "I love you."  For some wives, making sure our family has clean socks, neatening up the home, or making a yummy meal is a way of saying "I love you," too.



They work TOGETHER, loving words and loving actions.


Are you loving your home today?  Are you thankful for what you have?  Do you try and put little touches of joy or fun into it?  Are you putting YOU into it?

Are you sending your family out the door with loving words and loving actions?  When you think of home, do you think of them?

Are you hating your home today? Do you feel like you are being wasted there?  Are you bored?   Is it too small?  Too messy?  Too close to the city?  Too far out in the country?

Are you sending your family out the door with complaints and dissatisfaction?  Are you taking a moment to tell them goodbye with a quick kiss, hug or an "I love you?"

Sometimes I worry that the last thing my husband or son see as they walk out the door is the back of my head as I stare at the computer. And it IS if I'm not intentional.

Are you focusing to much on the negative and allowing it to steal your joy today?

When we focus so much on the negative, it's so hard to see the positive.  Sometimes I am not thankful for what I have.

My home was just a house when we bought it.  We made it our home when we moved into it.

This house can be just a house or it can be a home.  And the only way it can really be a home is if I invest in the making of it.  If I put beauty into it.  If I put myself into it.  If I love those within its walls.

My family is my home.

Sometimes we mistakenly believe that the biggest impact we can make on our home is is to clean it.  But the biggest impact we can make on our home is to love it.

Be humble and gentle. Be patient with each other, making allowance for each other’s faults because of your love. 
(Ephesians 4:2)


What are you doing or going to do today to make your home sing? Please go here for instructions and/or ideas and come back here to link up to join us today! Please do not put your own "Making Your Home Sing Monday" Linky on your blog.



If you don't want to miss any blogs posts, you can subscribe
by 
RSS, Bloglovin, Feedly
Facebook or Email 

I'd love to connect with you!



I am linking up to these parties today:  






What Joy Is Mine
Living Proverbs 31
125 Titus 2 Tuesday ButtonTeaching What Is GoodPhotobucketHappy Wives Club Messy MarriageFamily Home and LifeWise-Woman-Builds

katherines corner PhotobucketLiving Proverbs 31

16 comments:

  1. Amen to that, Nan! And I might add, the biggest impact of loving our family and shepherding their hearts towers over our impact on the world. Not that our impact on the world is not felt or important, but I believe is through our love to our families that we can impact the world for the Lord. Thanks for sharing, encouraging me each week and hosting, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! You want to reach out and spread that love around! Secure and loved hearts want to share that love so that others can feel like they are worth something too.

      Delete
  2. May His love be reflected in our homes! Thanks for hosting & God bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen, Laurie! God bless you too and have a great week!

      Delete
  3. Lovely post!! I pray the love and joy of the Lord are felt here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure your family is blessed by all you do for them, my friend!

      Delete
  4. My husband and children love it when I make their special meals for them, that is one way I say, "I love you". Thanks a lot for this great nudging towards making our homes sing, and for hosting us too. Do have a super blessed week!
    Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine love it too! My hubby actually loves, and I mean LOVES, grilled cheese & tomato soup for dinner. Isn't that funny? So simple but he loves it. Hope you have an awesome week this week too! :)

      Delete
  5. Hey Nan!! I love a clean home but I am finding (boy am I a slow learner) that my family doesn't notice the cleanliness as fast as they notice the food (or the tardiness of its preparation). Food says "I love you" faster than the clean house does.

    Thanks for hosting :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true, Judy. They will notice when they run out of socks or towels before they notice that I dusted or mopped, lol!

      Delete
  6. Hi Nan...what a fabulous post today! I loved where you said is where you live a house or a home? We built the home we live in and I really love it! So I do all I can make it feel comfy, cozy and welcoming not only for my family but for those who visit. I also love the reminder that home is where your family is. Thank you for the sweet reminder about contentment where you live and making it a home to abide in. Thank you for the linky, too. Blessings friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, how awesome to have built your own home! My brother did that and I always thought it would be cool. You have such an eye for beauty that I'll bet your home is just beautiful!

      Delete
  7. Amen. Thank you for sharing your sweet blog at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for hosting and for stopping by, my friend, and leaving a comment. Have a great week!

      Delete
  8. I love this post. We get so caught up on the day to day tasks that sometimes we forget the things that really matter. This will be a featured post for next weeks Salt & Light Link up. Thank you for sharing this post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how fun! Thank you for sharing it, and I hope you have a love week!

      Delete

So glad you stopped by today! Please feel free to subscribe to my blog and/or follow me on facebook. The links are at the bottom of each post.

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you! Please keep it nice and sweet and family friendly so I don't have to delete!

Please don't leave a link to your blog (or anyone else's) in your comment. Due to google's new comment spam policy, any comments with links will have to be deleted to protect both you and me!