Sunday, February 16, 2014

My First YouTube Audio: Keeping Joy In Marriage & MYHSM Linky Party!


Making your home sing Mondays


Welcome to the Making Your Home Sing Monday linky party! Every day you are doing something to make your house into a home for yourself and your family (if you have one). 

My point with each Monday post is, what are YOU doing or going to do today to make your home sing?  It can be an attitude or an action. So have fun, do some blog hopping, and link up!  Thanks!


Topics can include marriage, parenting, encouraging women, organization, cleaning, saving money, our behavior and attitudes, homemaking, homeschooling, recipes.....the opportunities are endless.

Note: We had 119 linkups last week!  You guys are awesomely amazing and amazingly awesome!  Don't forget to visit one another and try to leave a comment on at least one blog to encourage someone today!  :)  

On the left sidebar (down towards the bottom) is the "Making Your Home Sing! Monday" button which I'd love for you to grab and paste into your post!  It is a "no-follow" button.

Image courtesy of photostock / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

Last month I spoke at a women's conference and today I am posting the audio of my speech (as there was no video). My talk was on keeping the JOY in marriage.  I actually based it on this previous blog post of mine, deleted some stuff and added some more stuff and expanded upon it.

It's kind of a Marriage 101 and I covered these eight points:


1.  Set aside time every evening for your spouse.
2.  Don't confuse the ACTION of love with the FEELING of love.
3.  Don't focus on what he's NOT doing, focus on what he IS doing.
4.   Flirt with your husband!
5.  Pray for your spouse and thank the Lord for him.
6.  Don't neglect the physical side. 
7.  Don't bash your husband to your friends or family.
8.  Learn to forgive and let go

So below is an audio of my talk but I feel like I have to tell you that I am NOT a professional speaker, although I tried to speak from the heart.  I'm not trying to fish for compliments, just wanted to let you know I'm not a pro, so don't expect miracles, lol!

You will hear me wonder if I've lost my place, drink from my water bottle, lots of "ummmms" and maybe even an allergic sniffle or two.  But then, it wouldn't be me without any of that!

There's also a fun story about one of my children and you GOTTA hear that if nothing else, lol!

The audio is rather long, about 35 minutes, so if you've got a bunch of dishes to do or laundry to fold or whatever, then I'll keep you company!  Just don't forget to link up first!  ;)  You can view it below or click here to view it on youtube.





What are you doing or going to do today to make your home sing? Please go here for instructions and/or ideas and come back here to link up to join us today! Please do not put your own "Making Your Home Sing Monday" Linky on your blog.



If you don't want to miss any blogs posts, you can subscribe
by 
RSS, Bloglovin, Feedly
Facebook or Email 

I'd love to connect with you!



I am linking up to these parties today: 


What Joy Is MinePhotobucketHappy Wives ClubLiving Proverbs 31



marriage mondays
125 Titus 2 Tuesday ButtonTeaching What Is Good  Messy MarriageFamily Home and LifeWise-Woman-Builds

18 comments:

  1. Thanks for hosting this wonderful party! This is my first visit here and I'm so glad to have found you. Looking forward to connecting with other bloggers and reading some amazing posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy you stopped by and found us, Corinne! (What a beautiful name!) Looking forward to getting to know you more! :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for hosting once again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for hosting and dropping by my blog!
    I hope you enjoyed your visit, as I do mine here.
    Blessings :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did and do, Kath! Thanks for linking up!

      Delete
  4. Great tips here. You share so much wisdom. Thank you for hosting and be blessesd this week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my friend! I hope you've had a great week too.

      Delete
  5. Thank you for hosting, Nan. You gave so much encouragement in your talk that you shared on You Tube. I didn't hear any ums and didn't hear you drinking water but I did hear you doing a terrific job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, my dear! The ums were there, lol! Glad you missed them, hehehe. The drinking water part was when I said that sometimes my husband and I have fights and he doesn't know about them. I made some comment like "think about that for a minute while I drink my water" or something like that, lol!

      Delete
  6. It is always encouraging to hear other women standing up for godly marriage! Thanks for promoting joyful, satisfying marriage!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is. That's one of the reasons I love this linky party. I get so encouraged and convicted by what people write, and also get some great ideas! ;)

      Delete
  7. I like those eight points!
    Thank you for sharing and for visiting me :-)
    Blessings :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also like the Marriage 101 - 8 Points. I'm headed out the door right now, but I will be back to listen to your audio - I'm looking forward to it!
    Thank you for hosting!

    Marissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marissa. I hope you enjoy it! I had fun doing it.

      Delete
  9. I didn't say this the other day, Nan, but I listened to a bit of your presentation, and you were awesome! I didn't sense any lack of "professionalism" in what you shared. It was a great job in my opinion and I love this topic too. Thanks for hosting, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Beth! As I said, the ums were there. But I was pretty much myself, except most of the "crazy" was taken out and so I stayed on topic pretty much because I only had a certain amount of time. So no rabbit trails.

      Delete

So glad you stopped by today! Please feel free to subscribe to my blog and/or follow me on facebook. The links are at the bottom of each post.

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you! Please keep it nice and sweet and family friendly so I don't have to delete!

Please don't leave a link to your blog (or anyone else's) in your comment. Due to google's new comment spam policy, any comments with links will have to be deleted to protect both you and me!