Thursday, January 30, 2014

I'll Bet We Have A Lot In Common


Image courtesy of Ambro / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

I've been a mom for 25 years now.  Does that make me a pioneer?  Probably not.  But it does mean that I have experience.

But guess what?  I only have experience with MY kids.  I don't have experience with your kids because I've never met you.

But I'll bet we have a lot in common........

I'll bet you're tired sometimes.

I'll bet you'd like to scream sometimes.

I'll bet you cry sometimes......sometimes with sadness, sometimes with joy.

I'll bet your kids make you mad sometimes.

I'll bet you feel guilty sometimes.

I'll bet you've cried yourself to sleep sometimes.

I'll bet you wish you could keep your kids little forever, sometimes.

I'll bet you can't wait for them to grow up sometimes.

I'll bet you walk into a room and forget why you walked in there sometimes.

I'll bet your kids make you laugh sometimes.

I'll bet you don't get to sit down as often as you'd like.

I'll bet you don't get to sleep in as late as you'd like.

I'll bet you lose your train of thought sometimes.

I'll bet you fear for your child's future sometimes.

I'll bet you carry them in your heart whenever you leave the house.

I'll bet you pray for their safety whenever they leave the house.

I'll bet your dinner gets cold sometimes.

I'll bet you call your kids by the wrong name sometimes.

I'll bet you've licked your finger to clean off your child's face before.

I'll bet you've been pooped on, spit up on, bled on, stepped on or vomited on at least once in your momhood.....and more than once.

I'll bet you've stepped on a lego or tripped over a toy in the middle of the night at least once.

I'll bet it hurt.

I'll bet you've gone into the bathroom before when you didn't really have to "go" but instead just wanted to get away for some peace and quiet.

I'll bet someone either tried to follow you in there, asked "Mommy, what you doin' dere?" or waggled their little fingers under the door.

I'll bet you've hidden in a closet, the bathroom, or behind a cupboard door to sneak a piece of chocolate.

I'll bet you cringed whenever the candy wrapper made a noise.

I'll bet you've said things you promised yourself you'd never say.

I'll bet you've done things you thought you'd never do.

I'll bet you never knew how selfish you could be until you had kids.

I'll bet you never realized how unselfish you could be until you had kids.

I'll bet you've said "I told you so" at least once.......or thought it.

I'll bet you've wondered how one tiny baby could generate so much laundry.

I'll bet you never realized you had so much love in you.

Image courtesy of photostock / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

I'll bet you never realized your heart could be so full.

I'll bet you never thought being a mom could be so hard sometimes.

I'll bet you never thought being a mom could be so awesome.

And I wonder, have you ever wondered whether or not it was worth it?

Because, it is.......

........Every single annoying, amazing, fun, frustrating, wonderful, beautiful, joyous, terrifying, sweet moment of it!


If you don't want to miss any blogs posts, you can subscribe
by 
RSS, Bloglovin, Feedly
Facebook or Email 

I'd love to connect with you!

I am linking up to these linky parties:
katherines corner Photobucket

Missional Womenhttp://christianmommyblogger.comHappyandBlessedHome.comFaithful Friday Blog Hop


TheBetterMom.comWhat Joy Is Mine\ \ Teaching What Is Good Messy MarriageFamily Home and LifeWise-Woman-Builds PhotobucketHappy Wives Club

18 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, LuAnn! I love the cute little smiley face your drew, love the nose! :)

      Delete
  2. Have you been spying on me??? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, since you asked.........I won't admit it though! ;)

      Delete
  3. We actually do have a lot in common! Lol Praise God for moms! Have a super blessed day!
    Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen! You have a super awesome blessed day today too, my friend!

      Delete
  4. Very interesting, Nan...
    Blessings :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blessings to you too, Kath, and thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. How do you know me so well???? I guess when we have the same title, MOM, some knowing of the intimate details in my head, heart and my day are par for the course:) It is nice to meet you! Linking after you at Fellowship fridays...love, Rachael @ Inking the Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how fun, I will have to pop over there and see what you linked up! Thanks for stopping by today, and yes, when we live the role of "mom" I think we share a lot of the same experiences as well.

      Delete
  6. Love it, all of it.... I think all us moms have all these things in common :) God Bless, Amanda @livinginhismercyandgrace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yes, it's amazing how much we can all have in common sometimes. God bless you too, and thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. You`re right. We do have a lot in common. It goes for grand children too. Best wishes, Darlene

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have grandchildren yet but I'll bet you are right. Plus having the grandkids over will bring back memories of what it was like when our own kids were young!

      Delete
  8. Funny! there are only a few that *didn't* describe me! Speaking of "I told you so!" - the first time I got a small cut after my daughter learned to talk in sentences - what did she say to comfort me? "I TOLD you to be more careful!" ; )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She did? Oh, lol! That is so cute! It also makes us realize that we have to watch what we say, doesn't it? I remember calling a driver a stupid jerk once for cutting me off and I heard my toddler in the backseat say something like "toopid joik." And I thought, oh wow.....I need to be careful! ;)

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Thank you, my friend! It's amazing how much we all really do have in common, isn't it? Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete

So glad you stopped by today! Please feel free to subscribe to my blog and/or follow me on facebook. The links are at the bottom of each post.

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you! Please keep it nice and sweet and family friendly so I don't have to delete!

Please don't leave a link to your blog (or anyone else's) in your comment. Due to google's new comment spam policy, any comments with links will have to be deleted to protect both you and me!