Friday, January 24, 2014

Cleaning At The Worst Possible Time, Sidetracked Blogger #3



Do you ever find yourself motivated to clean at the worst possible time?  But because you're motivated you decide to do it anyway?  Even if you don't have time?

Earlier tonight I was thinking that I had some "free" time as I didn't have to make dinner due to leftovers (go me!).  I was thinking how lovely it would be to sit down and read a chapter or two of my book.

So I walked into the living room to sit down and happened to look down at the hardwood floors.  I started thinking "When's the last time I mopped those floors?" and honestly, it had been awhile.

The next thing I knew I had whipped out the vacuum and was vacuuming madly away, causing my beagle to nearly have a heart attack as he sought to get away from the vacuum-monster.

Our main floor is ALL hardwoods (except for the kitchen, bathroom and sunroom) so I had lots of vacuuming and mopping to do.

The thing I didn't tell you is that I had to leave the house this evening.  I was sure I would have plenty of time to finish beforehand.  I was wrong.

Regardless, I am vacuuming and mopping and then it dawns on me that I forgot to eat dinner.

Suddenly I have a choice.  Finish or Eat.

Also, the job is taking longer than I thought it would.  Plus, I am sweaty. Do I have time for a shower?

So now my "clean" house has turned into a mess because I started something at the worst possible time and couldn't finish and have to deal with it when I get home.

I dragged all the thrift store donation stuff off the hardwoods and tossed them onto the rug in the sunroom.  I also picked a couple of baskets and things off of the hardwoods and set them on the coffee table so they wouldn't get wet.

So in order to clean my hardwoods, I have temporarily messed up two rooms.  The living room by moving some of the furniture and decor, and the sunroom by using it as a dumping ground.

Also, by the time I get home, I have lost the desire to clean but now I am stuck.  I have to finish, whether I feel like it or not.

I just wonder if anyone else cleans this way?  And I never DID get to that book.  At least the hardwood floors looked good......

........for about two seconds before the dogs trashed them again.


If you don't want to miss any blogs posts, you can subscribe
by 
RSS, Bloglovin, Feedly
Facebook or Email 

I'd love to connect with you!

4 comments:

  1. This happens to me all the time. I hate it, and it contributes to my desire to look the other way when I see a mess. Thank heaven for my one chore a day list. At least everything gets done once per year. (Don't look too closely in the corners at my house you might find something you don't want to see.) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love your comment about wanting to look the other way, lol! I can relate! And don't look to closely at my corners either, haha. I have two dogs! ;)

      Delete
  2. Ouch... This happens to me sometimes...
    I try to prevent it though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know your secrets of prevention, lol! I could use some new tricks! :)

      Delete

So glad you stopped by today! Please feel free to subscribe to my blog and/or follow me on facebook. The links are at the bottom of each post.

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you! Please keep it nice and sweet and family friendly so I don't have to delete!

Please don't leave a link to your blog (or anyone else's) in your comment. Due to google's new comment spam policy, any comments with links will have to be deleted to protect both you and me!