Friday, December 6, 2013

Yesterday


Yesterday I was a mother to two little boys.  Yesterday I was wiping noses and changing diapers. Yesterday I was wondering if they would ever sleep through the night.

Yesterday I was praying for just five minutes of peace and quiet.  Yesterday I was hoping no one would find me in the bathroom.

Yesterday I prayed for just five more minutes of sleep.  Just five!

Yesterday I was tripping over toys and telling them to please come put their coats away.

Yesterday.  It just seems like yesterday.

Today it is very quiet when I get up in the morning.  Today there are no noses to wipe or diapers to change.

Today there is no one waking me up in the middle of the night asking for a drink of water.


Today I am a mother of two young men.

Yesterday is gone, but today is just beginning.  Today is brand new, just waiting to be written.  There is much to find joy in today.

"This is the day the Lord has made.  We will rejoice and be glad in it." - Psalm 118:24


If you don't want to miss any blogs posts, you can subscribe
by 
RSS, Bloglovin, Feedly
Facebook or Email 

I'd love to connect with you!


8 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! This is so true! I was just looking at a picture of my daughter holding my hand to go feed the ducks. She's looking up at me with such love and happiness. She was 3. And it was yesterday. Today she's studying to get her learner's permit, waiting to spread her wings a bit. It went by so quick.

    I cried, upset with myself that I didn't cherish those moments more. What would I give for one of those days back??

    Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we all wish we'd cherished those memories more. But I find that if I think about it too much then I am not cherishing the memories I'm making NOW! ;)

      Delete
  2. Your family is beautiful!
    With all the planning and looking ahead we do as the New Year approaches, this is a great reminder to enjoy today's blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Shannon! Yes, this is the busy season, isn't it?

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks, Jennifer! I'd sure love to live some of those moments over again! ;)

      Delete
  4. I know, I felt that way also when my girls grew up and now my first grandchild is gradurating from high school this year...my goodness he was just born!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How exciting for you! We don't have any grandchildren yet but I know that I will love being a grandma!

      Delete

So glad you stopped by today! Please feel free to subscribe to my blog and/or follow me on facebook. The links are at the bottom of each post.

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you! Please keep it nice and sweet and family friendly so I don't have to delete!

Please don't leave a link to your blog (or anyone else's) in your comment. Due to google's new comment spam policy, any comments with links will have to be deleted to protect both you and me!