Sunday, December 29, 2013

Making Your Home Sing Monday: It's Time To Declutter!



Making your home sing Mondays


Welcome to the Making Your Home Sing Monday linky party! Every day you are doing something to make your house into a home for yourself and your family (if you have one). 

My point with each Monday post is, what are YOU doing or going to do today to make your home sing?  It can be an attitude or an action. So have fun, do some blog hopping, and link up!  Thanks!


Topics can include marriage, parenting, encouraging women, organization, cleaning, saving money, our behavior and attitudes, homemaking, homeschooling,recipes....the opportunities are endless.


Note: We had 55 linkups last week!  You guys are awesome!  Don't forget to visit one another and try to leave a comment on at least one blog to encourage someone today!  :)  

On the left sidebar (down towards the bottom) is the "Making Your Home Sing! Monday" button which you are welcome to grab and paste into your post if you want but it's not a requirement.  It is a "no-follow" button.

This last week I decluttered some of my Christmas decorations.  I went from seven boxes down to four boxes, so I only decluttered by three boxes.  But still, it means I have three boxes less to store!

Then, because I was still "in the mood" I went ahead and decluttered some of the stuff in my decor box.  I am sort of over my "roosters" phase so I got rid of a couple of roosters and some other decor items.

Sometimes you've got to take advantage of the decluttering urge when it strikes because if you wait around too long, you may not be in the mood as much.

I also find that I can let go of things easier if I declutter a few times a year.  I may not want to let go of something but a few months later I may find that I am not as attached to it anymore.

I am not the only one who is simplifying.  My facebook exploded with posts this week from friends who are cleaning out their pantry, or their spare bedroom, or their home office, etc.  It seemed like everyone was longing to free themselves from some of their "stuff" that hangs on and threatens to choke us sometimes.

The end of the year seems like a good year to do that, doesn't it?  What is threatening to choke YOU today?  What things are YOU hanging onto that seem to own you rather than you owning them.

Let go, pass something along, or toss something away but spend a little time decluttering so that you can breathe a little easier this week and make your home sing!


What are you doing or going to do today to make your home sing? Please go here for instructions and/or ideas and come back here to link up to join us today! Please do not put your own "Making Your Home Sing Monday" Linky on your blog.



If you don't want to miss any blogs posts, you can subscribe
by 
RSS, Bloglovin, Feedly
Facebook or Email 

I'd love to connect with you!

4 comments:

  1. The new year is a great time to declutter. I need to do some myself. Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Going through old files as we "speak!" Thanks for hosting & Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cutting down the decoration boxes is exactly what we did last year and this year I was so pleased we had done it. A few other bits of decluttering then also happened throughout the year but it's going to be even better this year

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad to have find you. I shared something that has helped our marriage. :) Thank you for hosting. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you! Please keep it nice and sweet and family friendly so I don't have to delete!

Please don't leave a link to your blog (or anyone else's) in your comment. Due to google's new comment spam policy, any comments with links will have to be deleted to protect both you and me!

So I'd still love to hear from you! Just don't type out a link to share! ;)