Thursday, November 14, 2013

A Tale Of Two Chickens. Only, Not Really.

Our 20 year old goes to college during the day and has a part-time job in the late afternoon and evenings.  So he is rarely home for dinner unless it's a day off.  Usually he eats leftovers for a late lunch before he leaves for work, but sometimes he can't because there aren't any so he has to make something to eat.

This particular afternoon he heated up a chicken patty in the microwave and I started to defrost chicken in order to make chicken and rice for dinner.

Something you should know.  My son loves sports.  Seriously.  Always has, always will. 

So I walk in the other room and my son is plopped on the couch in front of the t.v. watching some sports channel.  Guess what was on the coffee table right in front of him?  Chicken.


No, not this kind of chicken..

The bag of chicken patties.  That belong in the freezer.  Because they're frozen.

So I lightly scolded him for not returning the bag to the freezer ("I was waiting for the commercial, Mom!") and then I walked all over the house trying to find my smoothie glass.

I had set it down somewhere to go do something and then forgot where I put it.  So I walked all over the place looking for it.

I even looked in the bathroom because, well.....you never know.  (In case you're wondering, it wasn't there.)

Then I walked back into the kitchen and discovered the bag of frozen chicken breasts still sitting out on the counter because I forgot to put them back in the freezer.

I'd say the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.


If you don't want to miss any blogs posts, you can subscribe
by 
RSS, Bloglovin, Feedly
Facebook or Email 

I'd love to connect with you!


1 comment:

  1. Well, one thing in your defense...you were busy.

    :) Hope

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by today! Please feel free to subscribe to my blog and/or follow me on facebook. The links are at the bottom of each post.

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you! Please keep it nice and sweet and family friendly so I don't have to delete!

Please don't leave a link to your blog (or anyone else's) in your comment. Due to google's new comment spam policy, any comments with links will have to be deleted to protect both you and me!