Friday, September 6, 2013

This Week Is Spider Week On Mom's The Word!


I don't know what it is about me and spiders lately.  I can go for quite awhile without seeing any and then all of a sudden they are on my radar, or vice versa.

A few days ago I was carrying a bunch of stuff and felt a tickle on my hand.  I looked down and noticed a small spider crawling on it.

I ran to where my youngest son was, and as I was running I was hollering his name and saying "Help!  Help!  Spider!  Spider!"

My son went "Arrrrrrrggggghhhhhhh!" and ran out of the room as fast as he could, calling "You're on your own with THAT one!" as he shoved by me in the doorway.  My hero.

Yesterday I was driving my car and it was muggy so I had the fan on.  Suddenly I saw something out of the corner of my eye.

I glanced over and a spider was dangling from the ceiling.  Because the car fan was on he was sort of blowing back and forth and way to close to my face for my comfort.

So of course I started desperately looking over at the car next to me, hoping that perhaps the man would leap out of his car and rescue me.  I was saddened to learn that I do not have mental telepathy.

I couldn't believe I had no tissue or anything to get rid of that hairy beast (the spider, not the man).  I DID have some hand sanitizer in the side pocket of my car because, let's face it, you don't really know where those things have been and they have all those legs and all.......

I came to a stop light and briefly debated on whether or not to abandon my car to the little guy.  Then I grabbed my purse and gave him a headache he'll never forget.

Yes, you read that right.  I used my purse and I took that sucker down.

Then today I was over at a friend's house babysitting her daughter.  I saw a spider about the size of a small Honda on her living room floor.

I just started at it and thought "Really????" Again?"  Then I went and grabbed my friend's vacuum and gave that spider a little something to remember me by.

Tonight I started going all ninja and making the moves on a piece of cotton fluff that was on my arm because I thought it was a spider.


I am going to bed now and I hope I dream of chocolate because I am OVER this spider stuff.


If you don't want to miss any blogs posts, you can subscribe
by 
RSS, Bloglovin, Feedly
Facebook or Email 

I'd love to connect with you!


Be sure and come back Monday and link up to the Making Your Home Sing Monday  linky party!


No comments:

Post a Comment

So glad you stopped by today! Please feel free to subscribe to my blog and/or follow me on facebook. The links are at the bottom of each post.

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you! Please keep it nice and sweet and family friendly so I don't have to delete!

Please don't leave a link to your blog (or anyone else's) in your comment. Due to google's new comment spam policy, any comments with links will have to be deleted to protect both you and me!