Sunday, September 1, 2013

Is There Room In Your Heart For Your Husband? & MYHSM Linky Party


Making your home sing Mondays


Welcome to the Making Your Home Sing Monday linky party! Every day you are doing something to make your house into a home for yourself and your family (if you have one). 

My point with each Monday post is, what are YOU doing or going to do today to make your home sing?  It can be an attitude or an action. So have fun, do some blog hopping, and link up!  Thanks!


Topics can include marriage, parenting, encouraging women, organization, cleaning, saving money, our behavior and attitudes, homemaking, homeschooling, recipes....the opportunities are endless.


Note:  We had 95 linkups last week which is awesome!  Don't forget to visit one another and try to leave a comment on at least one blog to encourage someone today!  :)


Image courtesy of imagerymajestic at FreeDigitalPhotos.net

It started after our first baby was born.  He was so little and so helpless and so adorable that I had no problem giving him all the attention and care he needed.  Hubby would understand, right?

Then our little one began crawling and I tried desperately to keep the floor clean and made sure the dog's toys were out of reach.  Dog slobber.  Yuck.  I vacuumed and swept and kept one eye on the little guy and the other eye on the dog.  Hubby would understand, right?

Then the little tornado....sorry....precious toddler was walking!  Oh.  My.  Word. He was everywhere reaching and grabbing and breaking things.  Days were spent following him around and precious evenings were spent rocking him to sleep.  He was my world.  Hubby would understand, right?

Then my preschooler became a big brother and my arms were as full as my heart.  I cuddled and read stories to my oldest and sang songs and rocked my youngest.  I just couldn't get enough of them. Hubby would understand, right?

Soon we were discovering the joys of homeschooling and books and frogs and painting pictures.  Library visits and play dates with friends.  Some nights I just fell into bed, exhausted.  Hubby would understand, right?

The teen years came and with them, lots of running around and "Mom, I need a ride here" and "Mom, I need a ride there" and "Mom, are you hungry?  I'm hungry."  Seems like there was always someone willing to go to the mall with me or to run errands with me and I could never be lonely hanging out with my kids!  Hubby would understand, right?

The high school years were over and the college years beginning as each child graduated and our homeschooling journey finally came to an end.  I could hardly believe that my little children had grown up into such wonderful young adults.  I looked forward to every spare moment that they could spend with me.  Hubby would understand, right?

My first child married and I began to turn my thoughts to grandchildren and how wonderful it would be to have a baby in the house and have someone to pour all my love into and fill these empty arms again. Hubby would understand, right?


Image courtesy of num_skyman at FreeDigitalPhotos.net

Hubby?  Hubby?   Hello????  Where did he go?  WHEN did he go???


"The wise woman builds her house, but with her own hands the foolish one tears hers down."  
Proverbs 14:1


What are you doing or going to do today to make your home sing? Please go here for instructions and/or ideas and come back here to link up to join us today! Please do not put your own "Making Your Home Sing Monday" Linky on your blog.


If you don't want to miss any blogs posts, you can subscribe
by 
RSS, Bloglovin, Feedly
Facebook or Email 

I'd love to connect with you!






I am linking up to these linky parties: 


TheBetterMom.comWhat Joy Is MinePhotobucketHappy Wives ClubLiving Proverbs 31i should be mopping the floorThe Alabaster Jar 125 Titus 2 Tuesday ButtonCourtship Connection Teaching What Is Good Messy MarriageDucks 'n a RowFamily Home and LifeWise-Woman-Builds  All Things with Purposekatherines corner PhotobucketMissional Womenhttp://christianmommyblogger.comHappyandBlessedHome.com Please save image and put it in your post or on your sidebar.Faithful Friday Blog Hop Share The Love

28 comments:

  1. I have such a steady husband, it's really easy to take him granted--he's always there, always does what's right--I really do think that I fail to appreciate him as much as he deserves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My hubby is that way too. Very sweet and kind and humble, and doesn't demand his own way. I don't deserve him! ;)

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for hosting! Even on a holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The funny thing is I totally forgot it was a holiday weekend, lol! But we weren't going anywhere so no problems there, haha.

      Delete
  3. I like this post. When we adopted our kids in the UK one of the things our social worker did with us was a few sessions on marriage. One of the most important messages she gave us was to make time for each other every day, no matter what, even if it was only 5 mins of just us. In the early days of having two toddlers who were so young for their years and so needy and so cute, sometimes that was all we could manage.
    I think we are blessed as we were friends first. We guard our evenings with a rod of iron. This time is so important.
    The other thing we try to do is parent as a team and do lots of stuff as a family, they are our children. Not just mine.
    Sometimes all I have to talk about is our day (we are homeschooling, too) but he loves hearing about us so that works.
    Also, my husband cannot hear 'I love you' too many times. Excellent post, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loved your comment and love that you adopted! I've had many friends who have adopted. You had a very smart SW to give you that advice.

      Yes, they are both of your children, as you said. Parents need to remember that it is a shared responsibility, not yours, not mind, but ours.

      I homeschooled our children too!

      Delete
  4. AWESOME post! I have two under the age of 2 right now...and most days by the time my husband comes home, I feel like I have nothing left to give.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, two under two? You ARE busy! My mom had two under two also, and she says "we had a lot of fun" and I always say "I don't think you're remembering everything correctly, mom." Lol!

      Yes, there are fun moments and lots of love and blessings but a lot of work as well. Hang in there, mama! You are doing a great job! :)

      Delete
  5. My oldest is 30 and youngest is 18 and after 25 years of homeschooling I have rocked, read, cleaned, and done all those things. The wonderful thing is that after 34 years we are rebuilding a relationship that needed care. I started doing things to rebuild a bunch of years ago (making him breakfast at 3:30am was one of the...pretty hard to do but important in my case) and today when we were alone in the house with both children who are still at home were at work we are not strangers. Thankfully.

    Great post and thanks for the party!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, Judy, breakfast at 3:30? You are da man!!!! (Or, da woman...). My friend's hubby is a fireman and sometimes she drives to the station and makes them all breakfast at 3:30 or 4:00 a.m. too.

      My hubby will find me sleeping at that hour, but then he's sleeping too. He doesn't eat breakfast anyway so I'm off the hook. Whew! ;)

      Delete
  6. Nan...I remember when my children were little, we'd make an effort to have a "date night" at home once and a while. It was all we could afford with three little ones hanging around us all the time. :o) We still do those dates but a little differently these days. We use those times to discuss things, laugh and just enjoy being a couple. We're not perfect by any means but we've had to be intentional in our marriage. Thank you for the encouragement and for the link up today. Have a blessed week friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome, Naomi! Good for you for continuing to date!

      I remember many date nights after the kids were in bed, lol! We just didn't have money to go out. We also made a "rule" not to talk about the kids but it was so hard, lol!

      Delete
  7. That was such a sad post! I am glad to have a great relationship with my husband but with things revving up with homeschooling again, I really appreciate the message!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is sad, isn't it? But sadly, it really does happen! I've know women it has happened to. But fortunately many of them have worked at repairing their relationship and rebuilding their marriages and learning to spend time with their spouse again.

      Have a lovely first week of school!

      Delete
  8. We tried to not let this happen, it was very tough but possible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so easy for we wives to ignore or neglect our spouse in favor of our children, even as the kids grow and get less needy. It can became a habitual pattern that we repeat if we aren't careful.

      It IS possible, as you said! It may not be easy, but the rewards would be amazing!

      Delete
  9. Excellent reminder to keep our marriages at the front of our hearts and at the foot of the cross. Thank you for hosting the link-up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my friend! I love how you worded it about being at the "front of our hearts" and at "the foot of the cross." Awesome!

      Delete
  10. We make our marriage a top priority in our home. Sometimes it can be really hard to keep it up, but I'm so glad we do! It was advice we received early on. And so true that the kids will see and value that priority as well. Thanks for the reminder and the fun link up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great advice! I agree that it's great for kids to see our marriage as a priority. It sets a great example for them in their own future marriages! Thanks for linking up today!

      Delete
  11. Thought provoking. As women, we can get so caught up in the daily routine, kids, school and housework. Now we throw in social media and blogging. Hubby doesn't understand. He needs us. We are his helpmeet. Remember, we have to set good examples for our daughters too. Thank you for sharinng this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and we have to set a good example for our sons, too, because THEY will be picking their own wives! So true about the media, just another thing to distract us, lol!

      Delete
  12. Oh, yes! I can so relate, Nan! Especially when my kids were little and so very cute and cuddly. I reasoned that they needed me more than my hubby did. But in time, my husband made it clear that he would not be isolated and neglected in our marriage. We began to make a point of spending his day off together. We made dates a regular habit. We set aside one evening a week to have a deeper conversation time, etc. All of these little ways to connect and show my husband the importance he played in my life were so necessary for the health of my marriage and family. Now my kids know to make time for their someday mates--to make them a priority. That's the kind of legacy I want to leave them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for your hubby! Love that you set aside those special times to date! What a great example you've set for your kids.

      Delete
  13. I'll admit I'm guilty of this from time to time. But over the years, I've found that when my husband and I are happy in our marriage, then our children are happy as well. I know someday our children will be out living their own lives, and I want to still be friends with my husband when that happens! :) Visiting from Wholehearted Wed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, that's so true! A happy and loving marriage is a blessing to the children. I want to still be friends with my hubby when our "nest" is empty too!

      Delete
  14. I'm definitely guilty of this. As a new mom, I'm trying to learn the balance between taking care of our 6-month-old son and also serving my husband! I find myself so easily being 100% focused on the baby... I need to keep myself in check and am praying that God helps me to serve my husband. This is a new kind of "multi-tasking" that I've never experienced before :)

    I found your link on the "Teach Me Tuesdays" link-up! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it takes awhile to figure out the rhythm and develop that balance. A new baby can be so time consuming plus they're just so adorable!!!!!

      God is so good and will totally help you find that balance. So glad you stopped by today! :)

      Delete

So glad you stopped by today! Please feel free to subscribe to my blog and/or follow me on facebook. The links are at the bottom of each post.

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you! Please keep it nice and sweet and family friendly so I don't have to delete!

Please don't leave a link to your blog (or anyone else's) in your comment. Due to google's new comment spam policy, any comments with links will have to be deleted to protect both you and me!