Friday, September 20, 2013

"5 Things To Do When Struggling With Discontent In A Marriage" (My Guest Post)


I am blessed to be able to do a guest post today over at Sarah's blog, Hope In Every Season, while she is having a wonderful time in England!  Here's a small excerpt of my post today:


Image courtesy of nuttakit at FreeDigitalPhotos.net

Sometimes we can be annoyed or angry with our husbands over something that they CAN or CANNOT help.  In our annoyance, we may say things that belittle our husbands or make them look bad in our children's eyes, in the eyes of others, as well as in our own eyes.

Said to our child: "Sorry, sweetie, we can't go to the zoo today because daddy doesn't want us to have any fun."
Said to our friend: "No, I can't go to the movie with you because my husband is mean and stingy and has a rotten job that no one in their right mind would want."

Said to our family: "So what if he works hard?  So do I!  But you don't see ME sleeping in on Saturday morning.  I have to get up with the kids.   I wish I could relax over the weekend!  He's just a big wimp."

Said to our husband: "I don't understand why I can't buy that new dress.  What kind of a husband and provider are you????"

When we are struggling with discontentment with what our husband has provided for us or where God has placed us, when we are struggling with anger against our husband and wanting our friends or family to validate that WE were "right," and not our spouse; when we are struggling with the little annoyances that living with one another can bring, we need to take a closer look at ourselves.

What are we filling ourselves up with?............


.........................To read the REST of this post and find out "5 Things To Do When Struggling With Discontent In A Marriage," please click HERE.......    



If you don't want to miss any blogs posts, you can subscribe
by 
RSS, Bloglovin, Feedly
Facebook or Email 

I'd love to connect with you!


Be sure and come back Monday and link up to the Making Your Home Sing Monday  linky party!



I am linking to these linky parties:

Missional Womenhttp://christianmommyblogger.comHappyandBlessedHome.com Please save image and put it in your post or on your sidebar.Faithful Friday Blog Hop Share The LoveTheBetterMom.comWhat Joy Is MinePhotobucketHappy Wives ClubLiving Proverbs 31i should be mopping the floor
The Alabaster Jar 125 Titus 2 Tuesday ButtonCourtship Connection Teaching What Is Good Messy MarriageDucks 'n a RowFamily Home and LifeWise-Woman-Builds  All Things with Purposekatherines corner Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment, Kristi! :)

      Delete
  2. Oh my, if contentment with godliness is great gain, then I haven't gained much some days. I've found that gratitude is a great antidote for discontentment, but putting this truth into practice can really be a challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, being thankful for the things (and people) God has placed in our lives can certainly turn things around and lighten our mood! Our enemy cannot function in an atmosphere of praise to God!

      Delete

So glad you stopped by today! Please feel free to subscribe to my blog and/or follow me on facebook. The links are at the bottom of each post.

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you! Please keep it nice and sweet and family friendly so I don't have to delete!

Please don't leave a link to your blog (or anyone else's) in your comment. Due to google's new comment spam policy, any comments with links will have to be deleted to protect both you and me!