Tuesday, September 17, 2013

10 Reasons Why I Am Rockin' This Mom Thing


There are some things that I do that make me feel like I'm rockin' this whole wife and mom thing.  Just a few little things but they have the potential to make me feel good, like "I've GOT this!"

Oddly enough, if I DON'T do them I don't particularly feel like a "bad" wife or mom.  But when I DO them I feel like I have scaled the heights of wifedom and momdom, and life is good.

Here's my list.  Prepare yourselves:

Image courtesy of Ambro at FreeDigitalPhotos.net

  1. Stocking the fruit and vegetable drawers in the fridge so that they are full.  
  2. Making sure I have at least two gallons of milk in the fridge.
  3. Doing the dishes after midnight and cleaning up my kitchen instead of waiting until morning.
  4. Cleaning one of my hot spots.
  5. Straightening my pantry and checking expiration dates.
  6. Having an extra bottle of Ranch on hand for when my son's IV of Ranch dressing runs out.....
  7. Keeping my husband's sock and underclothes drawer well stocked.
  8. An empty laundry hamper.
  9. Shaving my legs.
  10. Changing the bed sheets.
Did you expect something earth shattering?  I told you they were little things!  ;)

What are YOUR little things?


If you don't want to miss any blogs posts, you can subscribe
by 
RSS, Bloglovin, Feedly
Facebook or Email 

I'd love to connect with you!


Be sure and come back Monday and link up to the Making Your Home Sing Monday  linky party!




I am linking up to these linky parties: 


TheBetterMom.comWhat Joy Is MinePhotobucketHappy Wives ClubLiving Proverbs 31i should be mopping the floorThe Alabaster Jar 125 Titus 2 Tuesday ButtonCourtship Connection Teaching What Is Good Messy MarriageDucks 'n a RowFamily Home and LifeWise-Woman-Builds  All Things with Purposekatherines corner Photobucket

18 comments:

  1. Ha ha! Those are a lot of things I cheer about, too! It's all about the little things :-)
    Blessings :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nan,

    The Lord brought you and your family to mind this morning while my husband and I were walking. He thought I was crazy when, in the middle of praying for our families, I started praying for Nan. He thought for a moment you were some long lost relative he'd missed at the last family reunion. HA!

    Well, my little things are
    *having a laundry basket full of CLEAN, folded clothes
    * having my pantry stocked with BOGOS+coupon items :)
    * Cooking and freezing 5 lbs. of hamburger and having it ready for fast meals
    *Creating something (I'm not crafty) and having my daughter tell me it looks so good I could sell it
    *Having my married daughter call me for one of my recipes, "'cause yours is the best" :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha, I LOVE that. So funny, lol! Just tell him I'm his long lost sister, lol! Love your list! I also love that laundry basket of clean folded clothes. ;)

      Delete
  3. I need to print this as you have this mom-thing together!! Making me laugh in the middle of the morning (er, um...afternoon...where did the morning go?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha! Well if I have it together I keep forgetting where I put it, lol!

      Delete
  4. We always require 2 gallons of milk in our fridge. My 2 little ones drink it like there is no tomorrow.

    An empty laundry basket, what's that? LOL

    Shaving my Legs, what's that? LOL

    Yeah I'm not a Super Mom by no means!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol to the milk! We always used to have FOUR gallons of milk in there because our oldest was drinking it like crazy. He still drinks a lot but not as much as before.

      Delete
  5. An IV of Ranch? Great idea! I'll add another line to my IV of coffee!! ;)

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea, lol! We love Ranch in this family but our youngest just seems to really love it. I CANNOT run out, lol! ;)

      Delete
  6. Keeping the dishes and laundry done and having my floors cleaned is a big thing in our home. It does add up in my husband's eyes for some reason. If I let it slide for just two days you can tell a huge difference in our home and how it runs. I also have to make sure my husband has sweet tea in the fridge at all times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup! People do tend to notice when the dishes and laundry pile up. We have darker floors so it's not as noticeable unless your feet start to stick to them, lol!

      Delete
  7. 8, 9, 10 are big ones for me, too! Great list and I'm going to check out the Linky Party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment and hope you like the party! :)

      Delete
  8. LOL! I love it. This cheered my heart because I feel like I rock when I do similar things.
    underwear is a crucial thing here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha! I guess great minds think alike, right? Lol! I can't help it, I really do feel like a rock star sometimes when I do these...... ;)

      Delete
  9. Oh, man, I need to go change the sheets so I can be rockin' this mom thing too! And I'll be sure to get the dishes done before I crawl in between those crisp clean sheets. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha! Good for you, lol! Oh man, there's nothing better than crawling in between those wonderfully fresh sheets! :)

      Delete

So glad you stopped by today! Please feel free to subscribe to my blog and/or follow me on facebook. The links are at the bottom of each post.

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you! Please keep it nice and sweet and family friendly so I don't have to delete!

Please don't leave a link to your blog (or anyone else's) in your comment. Due to google's new comment spam policy, any comments with links will have to be deleted to protect both you and me!