Friday, July 19, 2013

Why A Frappe Might Quite Possibly Be Covered By Your Insurance.



I have to admit that it bothers me that they pronounce frappe "frap-pay."

I want them to pronounce it frap, which rhymes with zap. Which is better than frappe which rhymes with "go away."  or "I'm o.k." or "I'm going to the bathroom all day."

Frap.  See, it's easy.  I mean, come onnnnnnn people, how hard would that be?

Frap is fun, and fresh and young and hip.

Frappe sounds like a disease.  "I heard she has frappe.  Isn't that sad?"

Or an expensive operation.  "She's been saving for a frappe." Which may or may not be covered by your insurance.

Or maybe like a special hairpiece or something. "Pretty sure he's wearing a frappe."

Or maybe like some fancy-smancy flower.  "She wanted me to get her a pink frappe to match her prom dress.  But I could only afford a carnation instead."

Or what about a car?  "Man, that frappe is my dream car!"

Or a clothing line.  "Who're you wearing tonight?"  to which she replies "Frappe."

It might even be a special piece of jewelry.  "I bought myself another frappe. Do you like it?"

Maybe it's a breed of dog.  "I have a beagle, two chihuahuas, and a frappe."

It could be some kind of sport.  "My daughter is dating the captain of the frappe team."

Or it could be a spice.  "I like to add basil, oregano and frappe."

It also might be some kind of clothing item.  "Excuse me, do you have this frappe in a size large?"

Or some kind of electronic equipment.  "Oh no!!!!  My frappe is fried."

Or a type of music.  "She prefers country but I love frappe."

Or a type of dance.   "I like hip hop, ballet, and frappe."

I suppose I am not going to change anyone's mind about this.

But somehow it just sounds better saying "I'd like to order a cup of coffee" than saying I'd like to order a cup of frap."

So we'll go with the whole frap-pay thing........and let the record show that I could have written it frappé with the correct little accent mark over the "e."  But what would be the fun in that?


If you don't want to miss any blogs posts, you can subscribe
by 
RSS, Bloglovin, Feedly
Facebook or Email 

I'd love to connect with you!

Be sure and come back Monday and link up to the Making Your Home Sing Monday  linky party!

10 comments:

  1. lol You are so much fun. I'll take my tea anyway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you like tea? I have to admit that I can't get into coffee or tea. I like my frappe without coffee in it! I get the vanilla one.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for giving me a laugh at this pretentious world we live in. Now I'm off to Target (tar-jay - rhymes with frappé} to do my upscale shopping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! We call it Tar-jay too, lol! And Walmart is Wally's World, and Costco is Cramco, lol!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the laugh, Nan :) Have a great weekend.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Stephanie! Hope you had a great one too!

      Delete
  4. ROFL.......Oh my WORD! This is so funny!

    Incidentally, I never knew it was called anything BUT a frap. Never heard it called a frap-pay! We live in the remote region of New England, so perhaps that level of sophistication hasn't yet arrived in our part of the country?! Either that or I just don't spend enough time with savvy twenty-somethings?!

    Have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Well, "officially" it's a frappe but all my friends and I call them a frap too, lol!

      I spend a lot of time with twenty somethings (as my kids and their friends are in their 20's) but they call 'em fraps too! ;)

      Delete
  5. I'm with you, Nan, on calling it frap. I've always thought it sounded like a hairpiece. Thanks for a great laugh this Friday morning! :)

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by today! Please feel free to subscribe to my blog and/or follow me on facebook. The links are at the bottom of each post.

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you! Please keep it nice and sweet and family friendly so I don't have to delete!

Please don't leave a link to your blog (or anyone else's) in your comment. Due to google's new comment spam policy, any comments with links will have to be deleted to protect both you and me!