Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Lazy Mom Irons The Clothes

When was the last time you remember ironing?  If it's been so long that you can't even remember when that could be very good......or very bad.......

Have you ever trembled as you faced a basket of ironing?  Do wrinkled clothes taunt you and laugh in your face?  Do you feel as if you will never be free of Wrinklezilla?





Take a look in your "must iron" pile.  If you find clothes in there that your daughter wore when she was 3 and she is now 13, you may be neglecting your ironing.  Don't worry about it!  Come get caught up on your ironing the Lazy Mom way!    

LAZY MOM TIP: Get Caught Up On The Ironing Pile


Lazy Mom's motto:  Make it easy, make it fun and get it done!


("Lazy" and "Mom" are not usually two words you'd put together in a sentence, are they? But sometimes we moms get tired and we DO feel like being lazy.  We've had a long day of doing stuff but there is more to be done!  That's when I suggest we do things the Lazy Mom way!)


Click here for more Lazy Mom tips.


If you don't want to miss any blogs posts, you can subscribe
by 
RSS, Bloglovin, Feedly
Facebook or Email 

I'd love to connect with you!

Be sure and come back Monday and link up to the Making Your Home Sing Monday  linky party!



I am linking up to these linky parties: 

125 Titus 2 Tuesday ButtonGrowing HomeCourtship ConnectionTeaching What Is Good Messy MarriageDucks 'n a RowFamily Home and Lifehttp://www.wildernesswife.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Wicked-Good-Wednesday-Blog-Hop-Button.jpgWise-Woman-Builds  All Things with Purposekatherines corner PhotobucketMissional Womenhttp://christianmommyblogger.comHappyandBlessedHome.com Please save image and put it in your post or on your sidebar.Faithful Friday Blog Hop

TheBetterMom.comWhat Joy Is MinePhotobucketHappy Wives ClubLiving Proverbs 31i should be mopping the floor photo e70fb310-7eb7-4908-bb0e-cac50857a9bb.jpgThe Alabaster JarThe Life Of Faith photo NEWRIButton275x150_zpsf908716b.jpg 

18 comments:

  1. I laughed as I read the title to this post. I iron very rarely and only in an extreme have to case. Most clothes I buy do not need ironed but if something does require a little attention I do the dryer method first. Wet wash cloth in the dryer with item needing ironed and turn on the dryer on high heat for 10 minutes or so and allow the clothes to sort of steam the wrinkles out. Talk about lazy mom, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jen, I am the same way. I try to buy clothes that don't need ironing and I also will pop things in the dryer with a wet cloth, or steam them in the bathroom.

      But somethings I do have to iron and I usually do that on Saturday.

      Delete
  2. Hi dear Nan,

    Long time no talk! I have been away in Canada and am finally getting back into the blogging routine - how have you been, sweet friend?

    Loved your post....I must confess that ironing is my least favorite thing to do (thankfully I don't have much to iron) so I do it about once a month :) Your tips are very helpful.

    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stephanie!!!!! Hello, my friend! I have missed chatting with you!

      Delete
  3. Great advice. My husband and I rarely iron so he only buys the wrinkle free shirts from now on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE those things! I've even told my son to look for the "wrinkle free" pants or shirts, lol!

      Delete
  4. I love how m&ms are part of the plan!! Have a lovely day.

    Neighbors About Town Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh m&m's are ALWAYS a part of the plan, lol! ;)

      Delete
  5. Your blog sings with cheer and joy.

    Blessings!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet words, my friend!

      Delete
  6. Nan,

    We're an anomaly -- we don't own a dryer, so we don't have the option of fluff and fold. I've found that spritzing really wrinkled stuff with a spray bottle of water helps dewrinkle them. It's still not my favorite chore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, really? You must live in a nice local where you have lots of sun and warm breezes!

      I would LOVE to be able to hang my clothes on a clothesline outside. I am allergic to pollen and so that's a no-no for me.

      I do have indoor clothing racks, though. But I still use my dryer too.

      Delete
  7. Iron? What's that? I use that spray stuff. Hugs, Holly @ coconutheadsurvivalguide

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's funny...I actually enjoy ironing, especially shirts, but I usually put it off until my hubby needs something, and then I do it all. I agree that it's more fun when watching T.V. : )
    As always, you have a great sense of humor!
    : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to enjoy ironing pillow cases many years ago but something had to give, lol! But I used to iron them while watching t.v. A few months ago I grabbed that iron and ironed a bunch while, again, watching t.v.

      Delete
  9. Hello Miss Nan ... another comedic post for sure! I own an iron but to use one ... Ugh!

    Thank you for linking to Raising Imperfection.
    Please come back Friday to see if you were featured. :)

    ¤´¨)
    ¸.•*´
    (¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
    Raising-Reagan.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't iron very often either, lol!

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you! Please keep it nice and sweet and family friendly so I don't have to delete!

Please don't leave a link to your blog (or anyone else's) in your comment. Due to google's new comment spam policy, any comments with links will have to be deleted to protect both you and me!

So I'd still love to hear from you! Just don't type out a link to share! ;)