Thursday, June 13, 2013

Remember, You Are A Mom. Not A Machine.



Image courtesy of criminalatt at FreeDigitalPhotos.net



Take a nap, read a magazine, take a walk, enjoy the sunshine, enjoy the rain, call a friend, kiss your man, hug your babies, hug them again, put your feet up, get a manicure, get a pedicure, get both.  Spend some quiet time with the Lord.  Take time for you.  Remember, you are a mom.  Not a machine.


If you don't want to miss any blog posts, you can follow me or subscribe in your reader  or subscribe on Bloglovin, or by email.  You can also find me here on facebook as well!  I'd love to connect with you!


I am linking up to these linky parties today:

Missional Women http://christianmommyblogger.com HappyandBlessedHome.com Please save image and put it in your post or on your sidebar.
TheBetterMom.comWhat Joy Is MinePhotobucketHappy Wives ClubExceptionalistici should be mopping the floor photo e70fb310-7eb7-4908-bb0e-cac50857a9bb.jpgThe Alabaster JarThe Life Of FaithTeaching What Is Good125 Titus 2 Tuesday Button Growing HomeCourtship Connection  Messy MarriageDucks 'n a RowFamily Home and Lifehttp://www.wildernesswife.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Wicked-Good-Wednesday-Blog-Hop-Button.jpgWise-Woman-Builds  All Things with Purposekatherines corner Photobucket 

20 comments:

  1. Thanks for the timely reminder. Feeling a little burnt this week and I think I should make use of our new hammock in the yard this weekend!! And a nice foot bath...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it sounds just lovely, Ashley! I hope you have a lovely weekend.

      Delete
  2. Yes!! I needed this reminder!! Thanks Nan!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome! Glad it encouraged you today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great post! Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things hop xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every mom needs to hear this - often! Thank you for sharing it out loud.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great reminder one I can't hear too much. Sometimes I get so caught up in the business of daily life I forget to stop even for a moment to take time for myself.

    I would love for you to come link up with us over at the Tuesday Baby link up if you would like.

    http://www.adventureswithcaptaindestructo.com/2013/06/tuesday-baby-link-up-week-35.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so true. It's just so easy to put our own needs on the back burner and forget to "take care of YOU!"

      Delete
  7. It's always so interesting to me to read posts on motherhood because my journey there has most certainly been by way of a windy road. It's still winding and we're not at the end but I am so grateful for this time in my life while I'm traveling this road not yet at the destination.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our journey took us through years and years of infertility. But we, too, tried to enjoy the journey. Obviously there were tears and pain as we waited with empty arms. But we also grew in our love for one another, strengthened our marriage and had a lot of fun (and a vacation or two, lol!)

      Delete
  8. Such a great reminder - these truly are words that all mothers (and wives and daughters and workers?) should remember!

    ~Peace,
    LuAnne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, LuAnne! I know I need to hear them often myself! :)

      Delete
  9. You know, it's like the airline attendant's instruction to put on the oxygen mask before you help someone else. We need to be aware of our value as moms & wives - and take care that we can continue to invest... A well that's dry can't give anyone water!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I LOVE your analogy, Lori. That's awesome and so true, my friend!

      Delete
  10. Much needed reminder! And a very belated mani/pedi is scheduled for tomorrow to get the toesies summer-ready... finally! Hugs, Holly
    http://coconutheadsurvivalguide.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooooh, sounds fun! I hope you had a great time! I need one too! ;)

      Delete
  11. Is it really that easy???? :) :) :) Oh, the Mommy Guilt! Funny how I didn't have that before the Internet... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Seriously, that internet is awesome but can also be a time waster, lol!

      Delete

So glad you stopped by today! Please feel free to subscribe to my blog and/or follow me on facebook. The links are at the bottom of each post.

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you! Please keep it nice and sweet and family friendly so I don't have to delete!

Please don't leave a link to your blog (or anyone else's) in your comment. Due to google's new comment spam policy, any comments with links will have to be deleted to protect both you and me!