Thursday, June 20, 2013

Losing Google Reader


Did you know that you are going to lose all your favorite blogs if you are reading them in Google Reader?  

That's right, it's going away July 1st and if you don't find an alternative, you will lose all your favorite blogs, including mine!  ;)  Oh noooooooo!  Not mine!!!!!!   ;)

So if you haven't transferred all your blogs over yet you'd better hurry as you only have a little over a week now to do it.

There are several alternatives out there.  Two hot contenders seem to be Feedly and Bloglovin.  I am trying out Bloglovin' right now but from what I've read Feedly is also very popular.

Note: Since I originally wrote this post, I have also been trying out Feedly as well.

Don't want to lose me?  You can subscribe right now by clicking either of these two links, either Bloglovin, or Feedly.

If you haven't subscribed to my feed yet, what are you waiting for?????   ;)  It's o.k. if you don't want to follow me.  My family and I won't be shocked.  We will understand.....


So what will YOU be using after Google says bye-bye?

If you don't want to miss any blog posts, you can follow me or subscribe in your reader  or subscribe on Bloglovin, Feedly,or by email.  You can also find me here on facebook as well!  I'd love to connect with you!

Be sure and come back Monday and link up to the Making Your Home Sing Monday  linky party!

14 comments:

  1. Hi long lost blogging friend! It seems like ages since I have come over and said "hello" to one of my favorite ladies :) I have been following you via Bloglovin' since I would hate to lose contact with you and your delightful blog. I hope you are well and I LOVE the picture of you and your family.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, girly girl! How are YOU! I am going to pop over and say "hi" my friend because I miss me some Stephanie! ;)

      Delete
  2. Google reader isn't the same as GFC. A lot of people think they are going to lose this feature, but GFC is connected solely to Blogger and we will still be able to read our blogs in our Blogger reader via GFC.

    The Google reader is a direct Google product that is separate from Blogger, and that is what is going away.

    Please let others know about this, if you can,because I fear there is a lot of confusion!

    You can find the information when you click on help in Blogger and type it in!

    Hope you have a blessed day, Nan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leah, I always thought that following someone's RSS feed was different than being a follower on their blog. Are you saying that if I subscribe to their feed they aumotically go on GFC too?

      That's why I switched. Because I just clicked on the RSS feed in the past rather than following on their GFC button. So I thought it was different!

      Thanks for the help! :)

      Delete
    2. GFC and Google Reader are different, yep, so it's a separate function to follow someone via GFC. That isn't going away yet, but probably won't be far behind unfortunately :(

      Delete
    3. Oh, good to know! Well then it's probably just as well that I've transferred, lol!

      Delete
  3. I've known this. I have Freedly and have to get using it. I rely to heavily on what comes in my inbox and THAT drives me crazy!!

    Freedly has this little faded icon down in the right bottom corner. That may be only if you sub to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judy, I FINALLY figured out how to find my feed, lol! There are things I love about both Feedly and Bloglovin.

      Delete
  4. See, one more reason to switch to self-hosted Wordpress blog. :) So much to figure out about blogging. I thought I would be writing when I started blogging, I've had to learn so much other STUFF.

    PS. Maybe you could add the feature where I can sign up under my Wordpress blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I would if I could afford to transfer! I'm afraid to do it myself although Judith did it! (She's my hero, lol!)

      Delete
  5. I use feedly and bloglovin for both my blogs. It works for me to be able to use both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have both right now too. There are things I like about both of them.

      Delete
  6. Hi Nan,

    I am following you in Bloglovin' and you can also find my blog "Rose Colored Glasses and The Simple Life of Hope" http://visithope-blog.blogspot.com/ in Bloglovin' as well.

    Hope to see you there.

    :)Hope

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hope! I tried to pop over there using the URL you listed, and it says blog not found. So I can't find you, my friend!

      Delete

So glad you stopped by today! Please feel free to subscribe to my blog and/or follow me on facebook. The links are at the bottom of each post.

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you! Please keep it nice and sweet and family friendly so I don't have to delete!

Please don't leave a link to your blog (or anyone else's) in your comment. Due to google's new comment spam policy, any comments with links will have to be deleted to protect both you and me!