Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Just Me And My Tinker Bell Jammies. AGAIN......


This morning my doorbell rang at 7:30 a.m.

O.k., technically it wasn't my doorbell.  The person knocked on the door because the bell is broken.  But saying "my doorbell rang" sounds much more annoying so we're going with that.

ANYWAY, my doorbell rang at 7:30 a.m..

At 7:30 a.m. plus one second my dogbell went off.  Both of them.  Loud.  Do you have a dogbell?  If you do, you know what I mean.  I have a beagle who bays and a poodle who yaps.

So I peeked out and it was the man who was to deliver the materials for our roof.  I wasn't expecting anyone until 8 a.m. and y'all know that NO ONE ever comes when they're supposed to, right?  They always come late!  It's the one thing you can count on.  He politely informed me that he needed access to our driveway.

My son was in the shower and his car was blocking it so the man couldn't unload.  So I grabbed my son's car keys and ran out to his car and moved it.

By the way, his car is a stick shift and y'all know the trouble I have with a stick shift.....now imagine me trying to drive a stick shift at 7:30 a.m.!!!!!!!  Did I mention it was 7:30 in the morning?????

A few men waited politely and patiently while I moved his car the best I could.  I got it moved without crashing into anyone's car or white picket fence.  Then I couldn't figure out how to get the key out of it.


As I walked up the driveway I realized I was wearing my pajamas outside.  AGAIN.  This seems to be an ongoing pattern with me.  I hope people like Tinker Bell as those were the ones I was wearing.  God bless Disney.

I had been so eager to move the car so that they could unload that I totally forget I wasn't dressed yet.  Well, I was dressed but not DRESSED.

I now feel the need to segue from this story to say that I just popped over and re-read my stick shift link from above, and no one asked me in the comments why my husband was painting the roof.  I also feel the need to add that he WASN'T painting the roof and I have no idea why I said he was.

He was NOT on the roof and he wasn't painting the roof.  He was on a ladder and contrary to popular opinion I do know the difference between a ladder and a roof.

Also, my son's car was NOT blocking the shower as my earlier sentence alludes to.  We keep our son's car outside the house instead of in the bathroom.  We find that it's better that way.  It's just easier and there's more room.  Before that I hated having to climb over the steering wheel to get into the shower every day.

We will now return you to the blog post in progress.........


Just kidding.  I have nothing else to say!  ;)  Except that I hope this whole pajama thing is not going to continue to be a problem for me.  If it is, I am just going to have to make sure that I wear my Mickey Mouse ones or my Grumpy ones next time and tell Tinker Bell to quit hoggin' all the fun.  After all, I wouldn't want to be seen wearing the same ones twice!


If you don't want to miss any blog posts, you can follow me or subscribe in your reader  or subscribe on Bloglovin, or by email.  You   can also find me here on facebook as well!  I'd love to connect with you!

Be sure and come back Monday and link up to the Making Your Home Sing Monday  linky party!


6 comments:

  1. LOL. Yes, I have a chichuahua-"dogbell" that goes off every time there's something or someone outside. I have the same problem with a straight shift,too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I love chi-however-you-spell-it dogs, but yes they ARE a bit yappy, lol!

      Delete
  2. Ah yes, the dogbells. My son's girlfriend has been coming over for about 2 years now and they still act like she must be trying to murder our family. They just won't give her a break. OK now wait, since when don't people park in the bathroom? We could've saved a lot of money on remodeling had I known this earlier. Hey, at least you have good taste in jammies - that should make the neighbors happy! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha, this made me laugh, lol! I'm sure she appreciates it too. Our dogs still bark at my son's finance and they've known one another for three years now, lol!

      Delete
  3. You are SUCH a stitch!! You should have mentioned that your son's car just got BIGGER and used to be in the living room or found anywhere else in the house. You know, matchbox cars, LOL!! At least he keeps his car outside now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I should have, lol! What was I thinking?

      Delete

So glad you stopped by today! Please feel free to subscribe to my blog and/or follow me on facebook. The links are at the bottom of each post.

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you! Please keep it nice and sweet and family friendly so I don't have to delete!

Please don't leave a link to your blog (or anyone else's) in your comment. Due to google's new comment spam policy, any comments with links will have to be deleted to protect both you and me!