Friday, May 24, 2013

When Your Days Are Filled With BUSY

Image courtesy of marin at FreeDigitalPhotos.net


Today I was in a store and a young girl was pounding away on the piano.  From a couple of aisles away I heard her mother tell her to "stop pounding" on the piano.

The little girl kept pounding away and her older brother came over and said "Mom told you to stop playing the piano."

The little girl replied, "No she didn't.  She told me to stop pounding on the piano.  I'm not pounding.  I'm making music."


Are YOU pounding away at something today?  Or are you making music?


Sometimes it depends on how we look at a situation, doesn't it?

To my ears she was pounding away on that thing, but to her ears she was making beautiful music.  Who's to say who's right?

I heard loud noise and she heard beautiful music.  I heard pounding, she heard inspired.  I heard discord, she heard harmony.  To me it was an annoyance, to her it was pure fun.  I heard clashing keys, she heard a song.

Maybe sometimes it's all in how you do it, how you view it, how you hear it and who you're doing it for.

Think of everything you do each day.  There's a lot of repetition in it.  You get up and do your morning routine.  You either go to work for several hours or stay home and start a load of laundry, clean the house, change diapers or chase toddlers, wipe noses, mediate between quarrels.

Make lunch, put them down for naps, get them up from naps.  More diapers, mopping up tears and maybe even some spills on the floor.  Errands, doctor's appointment, homework to help with.  Kiss hubby hello,  mediate more quarrels, flip the laundry, start dinner and still more diapers.

Then there's cleaning up the kitchen, picking up the house, baths, story time, prayers and bed for the kids and folding laundry for mom.

Maybe your kids are older, or you have no kids, but your days are filled with busy.  You're exhausted and your day tomorrow looks pretty much the same.  You're not sure if you can stand the same old same old of it all.  So you go to bed, and wake up to start all over again..

But what if you woke up with the intent to make something beautiful out of your day today?

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it."

image credit: K. Sanders
graphics: mine


What if you wake up with the thought that today is the day that the LORD has made just for YOU, geared to your needs and perfectly suited to your strengths and weaknesses and abilities?

A day perfectly ordered to build you into the woman He desires you to be.

Will you rejoice and be glad in it?  Will you make beautiful music or will you pound away in frustration when it seems like things aren't going your way?
 
It's a brand new day, my friend.  You can make music, or you can make noise.  Make some music.


If you don't want to miss any blog posts, you can follow me or subscribe in your reader or by email.  You   can also find me here on facebook as well!  I'd love to connect with you!

Be sure and come back Monday and link up to the Making Your Home Sing Monday  linky party!


I am linking up to these linky parties today:

Missional Women http://christianmommyblogger.com HappyandBlessedHome.com Please save image and put it in your post or on your sidebar.
The Life Of FaithTheBetterMom.comWhat Joy Is MinePhotobucketHappy Wives ClubExceptionalisticCovered in GraceRaising Imperfection i should be mopping the floor125 Titus 2 Tuesday ButtonCourtship ConnectionTeaching What Is Good Messy MarriageDucks 'n a RowFamily Home and Lifehttp://www.wildernesswife.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Wicked-Good-Wednesday-Blog-Hop-Button.jpg Wise-Woman-Builds All Things with Purposekatherines corner Photobucket

16 comments:

  1. I just love that verse!! Amen. You are such an encourager, I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a wonderful post! That verse always reinspires me, and I loved your additions to it in the graphic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amber! Many times I have prayed that verse in the morning and reminded myself that God ordered my day and I can trust Him no matter what comes up.

      Delete
  3. What an inspiring post! Thank you for sharing! My days could use more intentional beauty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! Love this. I wake up each morning determined to make it an awesome day. And you now what? Very rarely am I ever disappointed at the end of the day. As a matter of fact, I can't remember the last time I went to sleep disappointed about what happened earlier in the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's beautiful, Fawn! I love how you set your mind to finding beauty in your day and you find it!

      Delete
  5. I love this! It is so tempting to pound away at all the daily tasks - mediating fights, etc. - thanks for the reminder that with my Savior's help I can make it a beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is tempting, isn't it? I can so easily get caught up in all that stuff myself and have to be reminded by the Lord of what's really important.

      Delete
  6. Great analogy, Nan! I've been reading about King David's life and in his early days, and the struggles he had with Saul show just how much God was involved in making certain things happen or not happen. This post reminds me of that. It helps me to embrace the fact that God is very much involved in every detail of my day--so why should I worry or grumble? Thanks for driving this realization home for me, sweet friend. It's always a joy to have you in the Wedded Wed line up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's easy to think that God doesn't care about the little things in our lives that we care about but He is there, ordering our day and shaping and molding us to make us more like Him. And yes, He uses the little things too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love reading all of your posts because they are so encouraging. I must admit that this morning I woke up with a heavy heart because there is so much to do. After reading your post, I decided to take a deep breathe and let God order my footsteps. I look forward to always staying connected.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet words, my friend. I had a day like that yesterday and the day before, where my "pretty" little well planned days were suddenly all messed up. It happens, doesn't it? On those days it really does help to lean into the Lord extra hard and I find myself doing a lot of praying as I surrender my plan to His.

      This morning I woke up to a flooded bathroom floor and towels and clothes all wet that my son had used to try and soak up the water. Fun, fun, fun! ;)

      Delete
  9. Love how you say this! We don't need to go though the motions of day to day living but we need to make beautiful music for Him. Thanks for this and thanks for linking up with Woman to Woman!

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by today! Please feel free to subscribe to my blog and/or follow me on facebook. The links are at the bottom of each post.

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you! Please keep it nice and sweet and family friendly so I don't have to delete!

Please don't leave a link to your blog (or anyone else's) in your comment. Due to google's new comment spam policy, any comments with links will have to be deleted to protect both you and me!