Wednesday, May 8, 2013

A Day In The Life (Of A Pastor's Wife) #8, Hairballs And Me



My hair is layered.  I am not sure if that has anything to do with my silly story but just thought I'd mention it up front like that.  Just in case it's pertinent to the story.

Which it may or may not be.  I don't know.

At church on Sunday I took a breath three different times and accidentally sucked some of my hair into my mouth.

Well, actually I took a breath MORE than three times because if I hadn't, I would be dead by now.

But back to the story  So I'm standing there talking with someone at church, and suddenly I am inhaling my hair and sort of choking/gagging/coughing my hair out of my mouth.

Who does that?

And they are just standing there looking at me and probably wondering why I am trying to eat my hair.  I was seriously wondering that too.

I teach a women's Sunday School class, and so later during my class I again managed to suck my hair into my mouth.  Twice, because once is never enough.  That may or may not be the name of a James Bond movie.  Just sayin'........

I again manage to do my choking/gagging/coughing thing and the women are very sweetly and patiently waiting for me to stop choking on my hairball (and I don't even own a cat) and continue with my sentence.

You know, some important points that you might want to make have a slightly less impact when you have hair in your mouth. 

I think it probably takes talent to suck your hair into your mouth.

You just tried it didn't you?

It tasted like hair spray, didn't it?

And now you know.


Click here for more A Day In The Life (of a pastor's wife).


If you don't want to miss any blog posts, you can follow me or subscribe in your reader or by email.  You   can also find me here on facebook as well!  I'd love to connect with you!

Be sure and come back Monday and link up to the Making Your Home Sing Monday  linky party!

8 comments:

  1. Too funny!!
    Probably part of the reason that my hair almost lives in a pony-tail these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My hair used to live in a pony-tail and sometimes it still does, but not like it used to when it was really, really long.

      Delete
  2. I wonder if any of those women blog....there might be a great post out there of what it is like to have a pastor's wife with a hairball....

    Mommamindy.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! One of them actually has a blog but she rarely updates it anymore. ;)

      Delete
  3. Oh dear Nan, I have missed reading your posts! I was eating ice cream while reading this and it was all I could do to keep it in my mouth and not spray it all over as I laughed :)

    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good, because an ice creamy mess all over the computer would not be good, lol! ;)

      Delete
  4. Thankfully, my hair is not long enough to reach my throat, however it has on occasion reached my mouth/tongue. You know, it is next to impossible to not miss a beat and pull those away AND put back in place, while trying to sing and play the keyboard during worship! I feel your pain, sistah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, lol! I don't have the voice for the worship team nor the chops to play, but I can totally relate, lol! ;)

      Delete

So glad you stopped by today! Please feel free to subscribe to my blog and/or follow me on facebook. The links are at the bottom of each post.

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you! Please keep it nice and sweet and family friendly so I don't have to delete!

Please don't leave a link to your blog (or anyone else's) in your comment. Due to google's new comment spam policy, any comments with links will have to be deleted to protect both you and me!