I do not like Geography. I am not good at it.
I haven't played Pictionary in ages. But whenever I had to draw a state or a country I would just draw something that resembled a map and then just wait.
My partner would then just have to sit there and name ever state or country that he/she knew. I have trouble with north and south and up and down.
Not down as in gravity down but city or state down. I would say "We're driving up to California" when it's really DOWN to California.
Recently my son drove over to see his fiance. She lives a couple of hours away from us. I said to my husband "Is he going up or down? Is that north or south of us?"
My hubby stopped what he was doing, looked at me like I might be joking and I said "Seriously, have you MET me???????"
I hate directions that say "When you exit the freeway, head north."
Left!!!! Just tell me left!!!!! Or right! Right! None of this north or south stuff, east or west.
Now I know north, south, east and west based on my house and general area. But when I get away from my house, look out.
We have a GPS "thingy" but I don't really like it much. I find myself focusing on the little picture so hard and desperately trying to follow it and head in the right direction that I almost always miss the actual turn. So what good is it?
Frankly, I am afraid of it, and it knows it. I prefer a paper with directions on it and the GPS for backup and as a little company on the drive so I don't feel lonely. But I know that it bad mouths me in its little head.
Things I'm sure my GPS wants to say to me:
- What are you doing????
- Aren't you listening to me?
- I just TOLD you to turn here, so turn HERE!
- Stop eating and pay more attention to your driving.
- Your face is going to freeze in that position.
- Wait......where are you going?????
- I told you so.
- There's a cop behind you. Psyche! Just kidding!!!
- The light is green. If it gets any greener it's going to get sick.
- The sign says "Stop." It doesn't say "Give up and die."
- The light is now green. Are you waiting for a personal engraved invitation?"
- Boy, I just can't take you anywhere.
- Are you SURE you know what you're doing?
- Wow, I can't believe they really gave you a driver's license.
- Just keep 'em guessing.....that's what I always say.
- What part of STOP don't you understand?
- Stop does not mean in the name of love.
- You may be human but I am a machine and someday I am going to rule the world.
If you don't want to miss any blog posts, you can follow me or subscribe in your reader or by email. You can also find me here on facebook as well! I'd love to connect with you!
Be sure and come back Monday and link up to the Making Your Home Sing Monday linky party!
Linking up to this party today: