Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Lazy Mom Cleans The Bookshelves


If you're like me you find that cleaning the bookshelf is nearly an impossible task.  You walk over to it with high hopes.  You decide you are finally going to dust those shelves and get those books organized once and for all.

The next thing you know you are sitting on the floor reading a great book and an hour has passed.  How is that possible?

So then you tell yourself that you won't open any of the books, not even one.  That will work, right?

Time passes and the book lies unopened, yet you find yourself sitting there daydreaming about the cover and the title  So that didn't work.

Maybe you are frustrated by all the junk that's sitting on those shelves on top of and in front of the books, making it difficult to even GET to a book!


Don't get discouraged!  Let's clean those bookshelves the Lazy Mom way!


LAZY MOM TIP:  Cleaning the bookshelves




Lazy Mom's motto: Make it easy, make it fun and get it done!


("Lazy" and "Mom" are not usually two words you'd put together in a sentence, are they? But sometimes we moms get tired and we DO feel like being lazy.  We've had a long day of doing stuff but there is more to be done!  That's when I suggest we do things the Lazy Mom way!)


Click here for more Lazy Mom tips.


If you don't want to miss any blog posts, you can follow me or subscribe in your reader or by email.  You   can also find me here on facebook as well!  I'd love to connect with you!

Be sure and come back Monday and link up to the Making Your Home Sing Monday  linky party! 


I am linking up to these linky parties:

TheBetterMom.com
 
Growing HomeCourtship ConnectionAbiding Woman
Missional Womenhttp://christianmommyblogger.com


Happy Wives Club  All Things with Purposekatherines corneri should be mopping the floorWise-Woman-Builds Photobucket
Modest-Mom-blog-button-copy
Covered in GraceRaising Imperfection

Also We Are That Family And A Bowl Full Of Lemons

14 comments:

  1. New follower from the Mommy Moments blog hop :) Your picture of the messy bookshelf really made me laugh! Because, honestly, it's what my bookshelves look like :) Would love it if you checked out my blog too!

    Celena
    http://mystayathomemamalife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the follow and I will pop on over for a visit. I always love making new friends! :)

      Delete
  2. Great and helpful tips, Nan :) Thanks for sharing and have a lovely day!

    Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and you have a wonderful day too, Stephanie!

      Delete
  3. Love your lazy mom post!:) I feel inspired to tackle some books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now this is one problem I don't have because I don't read LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sister in law is not a reader either and I'm like, "How can you NOT read, what do you do??

      But they have five acres and she loves to putter around outside a lot and fix things and make things. She even has her own tool kit, lol!

      Delete
  5. What?! No eating M&M's while reading on the floor next to the book shelf?? You don't hide candy behind those books? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now THERE'S an idea! What was I thinking? Lol!

      Delete
  6. Great post! I can totally identify! How can anyone clean bookshelves without stopping to read (or at least caress) a few favorite books or long lost friends??? We have just moved and my 17 year old son saved me much time by unpacking all the books for me! ;) I will have to go back at some point and reorganize the shelves and I need to make some Hard Decisions and get rid of some books! gasp! ANy help with that? Maybe a tutorial or something on how to part with books when you have too many??? :)

    I see that you link up with many of the blogs I do! I'm surprised I haven't popped over here before! I will definitely be back! I am going to follow your blog and like you on Facebook.

    Come visit me too! I blog about a lot of the same things you do and I host a marraige link up every Monday! I've also blogged about M&Ms in the past too! :) (I just read your M&M post!!) ;)

    http://www.yestheyareallours.com/2012/03/counting-down-miles.html

    Love your fun writing style! Will definitely be back!

    blessings,
    Elizabeth Ours

    http://www.yestheyareallours.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha! When I was a kid mom would always have us cleaning on Saturdays. I would rush to the room the bookcase was in and "clean" there. Basically what I did was read books while halfway cleaning the bookcase and then "dust" the baseboards behind the couch while reading more books :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. At one point, my husband created a book buying moratorium in our home for an entire year. He said I had so many books they were falling out of every closet. To his point, I love books and there wasn't a closet in the house that I hadn't put books somewhere at the top or bottom. Now, I just need to better organize those books. Maybe I can do it the lazy way :).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great suggestion - as a book worm I could relate to so much of what you said.

    Linked here from The Modest Mom. Blessings

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you! Please keep it nice and sweet and family friendly so I don't have to delete!

Please don't leave a link to your blog (or anyone else's) in your comment. Due to google's new comment spam policy, any comments with links will have to be deleted to protect both you and me!

So I'd still love to hear from you! Just don't type out a link to share! ;)