Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Just Call Me Nerd's The Word



Am I the only one that walks around the house with a book in her hand? 

Now I'm not saying that I do that all the time, but sometimes I will carry it with me as I walk downstairs to see what my mom wants, or carry it with me as I go into the kitchen to make a sandwich, etc.

Sometimes I set it down and that's when the trouble starts.  I set it down to pick something ELSE up and pretty soon I can't find my book.

This is a crisis, people.  I walk all over the house desperately asking family members "Have you seen my book?"  I  always lose it right when it gets to the good part, too.

Once my husband opened the fridge to get something out of it and there was my book, lying on a shelf.  "Did you lose something?"  he asked.

Another time he found it in the freezer where I had set it down for "just a moment" and forgot about it.  I'm sure he greatly feared for our babies about that time, but I promise I never set one of the kids down and forgot where I put them, and I certainly didn't put them in the freezer.....

I did, however, get their names mixed up from time to time (still do) but that's another story.

I once found my book on top of my son's bunk bed.  I had set it up on the top bunk when I came in to kiss him good night (on the bottom bunk) and then couldn't find it until the next day, when I came in to kiss him goodnight again.

Once I found one in the laundry basket, buried beneath the towels.  I had it in my hands when I walked by the laundry room, unloaded the laundry into the basket and placed the book on top to carry it all upstairs.  By the time I got upstairs things had shifted a bit and the book got buried.  Later I started looking for it and couldn't find it...until I folded the laundry.

My husband once actually found my book in the mailbox, of all places (not that that is any stranger than the freezer, of course).  I had it in my hands as I walked outside to get the mail.  I placed it inside the mailbox while I glanced through the mail and then forgot about it and closed the lid.  Hubby came home, went to get the mail and found my book!

At this point you're probably thinking that I need to have that thing surgically implanted so I won't lose it and you would be right.  Except that I would need to change it out ever so often, like earrings or something.

I have a horrible confession to make.  I have even walked downstairs while reading a book.

Bad. Very bad.  But if it makes you feel any better, I was walking slowly and holding onto the railing at the time.  Good thing, too.  Don't ask why......

What can I say, I love to read!  It rates right up there with chocolate.  Just call me Nerd's The Word. Or maybe don't call me at all as I'm probably reading.


If you don't want to miss any blog posts, you can follow me or subscribe in your reader or by email.  You   can also find me here on facebook as well!  I'd love to connect with you!

Be sure and come back Monday and link up to the Making Your Home Sing Monday  linky party!

15 comments:

  1. I am hoping over from whole hearted linky. Your commnets on Judith blog makes me smile I am your new follower on GF.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and for the follow! I will be popping over to visit your blog and saying "hi" back! ;)

      Delete
  2. Yep. You always make me smile. I do the same thing with my book AND my reading glasses. To find them both at the same time is. a. miracle.

    Good thing I believe in miracles!

    Mommamindy.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! My glasses are for distance so I am wearing them all the time (unless I'm wearing my contacts). So I never lose them, lol!

      Delete
  3. haha ... love it, Nan! I tend to carry a book around the house too, but I must confess, I don't think I'm nearly as bad as you. If I read while walking there is no doubt that I would fall down the stairs. I fall down the stairs when I'm not reading :) I was laughing quite hard when you said you left a book in the fridge :) Too funny!

    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, you have all those toys around girl, so naturally they are in your path. I remember tripping over toys. Now I trip over shoes.

      LOL to falling down the stairs when NOT reading, haha!

      Delete
  4. I used to do that when I was young--like you. Even read at red lights. Now I just keep a different book going in each room of the house so there is always something to read. I came to a point where, as my sister says "I can't walk and chew gum" so it was time to keep my head up and not in a book when on my feet or behind the wheel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we're about the same age, aren't we? I had to laugh at the visual of you reading at a red light, lol! ;)

      Delete
  5. Your blog is a delight! I look forward to following you. Your disclaimer at the bottom of your page is great!
    Smiles on this sunny day,
    Carolyn xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How sweet, thank you! I love making new friends and can't wait to pop over and check out your blog. Love the name!

      Delete
  6. I used to walk to school every day while reading a book.

    My husband is amazed by my abilities to multitask while reading. I can actually sing children's songs WHILE reading. Yep. I'm with ya.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, YOU are amazing! Last night I was watching t.v. and holding a book in my hand and my hubby asked me "How can you watch t.v. and read a book at the SAME time????"

      I can honestly say that the book was winning, lol!

      Delete
  7. Big smiles here!! I don't do that with books, though I love to read. You could insert glasses for books as I take mine off as soon as I'm not reading or driving. I'e left them in all kinds of crazy places. In fact, I don't know where they are right now!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wear my glasses to see so I don't set them down at all, except when I go to sleep. But hubby has several Dollar Store reading glasses all over the house, lol!

      Delete
  8. multi tasking! its the best, giggle. Hugs and thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things hop xo

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by today! Please feel free to subscribe to my blog and/or follow me on facebook. The links are at the bottom of each post.

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you! Please keep it nice and sweet and family friendly so I don't have to delete!

Please don't leave a link to your blog (or anyone else's) in your comment. Due to google's new comment spam policy, any comments with links will have to be deleted to protect both you and me!