Thursday, April 25, 2013

"Bye, I Love You!"


My husband, children and I say "I love you" every time we end a phone conversation with one another or when someone leaves the house.

Yes, it's a habit but it's a pleasant habit and I, for one, never get tired of hearing it or saying it, and I DO love them!

Even our 20 and 24 year old sons say "'Bye, I love you" or "Love you, bye!" as they hang up the phone or walk out the door (if someone's within hearing distance to them, of course).

Recently we went out to dinner with several friends.  At the end of our meal, one of my friends had to leave, so she said goodbye to everyone that was at the table.  My 24 year old son wasn't there at that moment.

As she headed for the door, she ran into him.


My son was busy looking for his keys but heard her call his name and say "Bye!" to him. 

Distracted, he looked up and absentmindedly said "Bye, I love you!"

We all laughed so hard and he had no idea why we were laughing at him until we told him.  (I have a couple of stories of my own but will save them for another post, lol!)

So, who have YOU absentmindedly and accidentally said something to?


If you don't want to miss any blog posts, you can follow me or subscribe in your reader or by email.  You   can also find me here on facebook as well!  I'd love to connect with you!

Be sure and come back Monday and link up to the Making Your Home Sing Monday  linky party! 

10 comments:

  1. First of all I love this. My family also Always says I love you when parting ways. Before I had children I worked at bank as a teller but sometimes I would operate our switchboard where I would have to answer the phone "good afternoon, blah blah bank" anyway I caught myself several times answering my phone at home the same way. lol Thanks for the laugh this morning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha! I remember when I was 18 I worked at a fast food place. I remember answering the phone with "May I take your order, please?"

      Delete
  2. As I've gotten older and my mind begins to dim ;) I've found myself saying it to nearly all my friends, too! We've always said it to each other in my family of origin and my family now. It's a great tradition, and my friends don't mind hearing it too! Hugs ~ Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so true. It's always nice to hear that you are loved and appreciated!

      Delete
  3. My family and even my sisters and brother says this at the end of each phone call. I love it and agree "I never tire of hearing it" (And when we leave each other after being together)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do that with my brothers and sisters too. We just don't talk or see each other enough so we always end with "I love you's."

      Delete
  4. I love the scenes from COURAGEOUS when the Dad tells his boss "love you" on a phone coversation...we laugh 'cuz we've all done it...

    mommamindy.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never seen that movie. Can you believe it? I've heard a lot about it and really should see it but just haven't. So I never heard about what he tells his boss until you mentioned it but I love it!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I know you are so busy!

      Delete

So glad you stopped by today! Please feel free to subscribe to my blog and/or follow me on facebook. The links are at the bottom of each post.

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you! Please keep it nice and sweet and family friendly so I don't have to delete!

Please don't leave a link to your blog (or anyone else's) in your comment. Due to google's new comment spam policy, any comments with links will have to be deleted to protect both you and me!