Thursday, March 14, 2013

"Me Time".......and more.......



The phone rings and I am knee deep in making fajitas so my oldest answers.  It's my husband calling and so my son hands me the phone.

Me: "Hi!"
Husband: "Hi honey!  Just wanted to let you know that I'm not going to make it home for awhile."
Me: "Wow, you sound sooooo far away!"
Husband: "I do?  Well, anyway, I'm sorry but I just have to stay a bit longer."
Me: "O.k., that's fine.  I'm making fajitas."
Husband: "Sounds great!"
Me: "Wow.  I can't believe how far away you still sound."
Hubby: "Which phone are you on?  Are you using the bad one?"
Me: "I don't know." (looks at phone)  Oh!!!!! (turns phone right side up)  Sorry, I had the phone upside down."
Hubby: (laughing) "Can you hear me now?"

My hubby has ringing in his ears all the time, so he didn't notice anything different.  I, however, was talking into the earpiece, and listening to the mouthpiece.  Big difference.  And to think, they actually allow me to drive a car.

I am famous for leaving my coat at church.  It's not even my nice coat, it's my ugly coat.  Nice and worn in places and falling apart.  I love it.  I'm sure some people are probably thinking "Would someone please buy the poor pastor's wife a new coat????"

I'll let you in on a secret.  I have a new coat.  But I love the old one.  I can trash it and not even worry about it!  So I am always losing it.

Sometimes when I leave it in a room, some of the kids and/or their parents grab my coat and do something like this with it:


Yup, that's me.  Tall and lean with legs to die for.  They just go on and on.  See?  Don't "I" look cute?  The coat even looks pretty good and doesn't show the threadbare parts.

Well, let's move on and let me tell you about Stephanie.  She's my sweet bloggy friend who asked me to do a guest post on her blog and of course, I jumped at the chance.  Then I forgot that I was guest posting because that's kind of how I roll.  Or maybe how I croissant.

Anyway, I did a guest post for her blog yesterday and forgot to direct you to it, as I said.  Here's a sample of my post:

What is one thing a mom craves and wants more of?

Me time.

What is the first thing that is sacrificed the most when mom gets busy?

Me time.

When my children were younger I really craved that "me" time.
Sometimes that time consisted of me in the bathroom, on my knees in prayer - begging God to give me patience, kind words and sanity, while little hands were waving under the locked door, and little voices were hollering "Mommy? Mommy? What you doin' in dere?..............."


Please click here to read the rest of it and stay and poke around on Stephanie's lovely blog.  You will love it and you will love HER.


 Click here for more A Day In The Life (of a pastor's wife).


If you don't want to miss any blog posts, you can follow me or subscribe in your reader or by email.  You   can also find me here on facebook as well!  I'd love to connect with you!

Be sure and come back Monday and link up to the Making Your Home Sing Monday  linky party!


I am linking up to these linky parties today:

7 comments:

  1. Now instead of reaching under the door when I'm hiding in the bathroom, those fingers are bigger and come and snitch the last roll of toilet paper from my bathroom when I'm hiding in my office. I don't want to freak out young moms, but it is even harder to get ME TIME when they're older because they never go to bed. They don't nap. That's why kids get jobs and go to school. :)

    mommamindy.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. It's a lot harder to find that quiet, peaceful time with all the noise in the house, lol! But, on the other hand, our nests will be empty soon enough so we might as well enjoy it!

      Delete
  2. Oh I have missed you and your posts! Your husband must never have a dull moment in his life with you around :) And look at those legs, Nan, you should have been a model! :) It's great to be able to read your blog again - you bring such joy and laughter.

    Thanks again for writing the post, sweet friend!

    Love and hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet, my friend! I do keep him on his toes, lol!

      Delete
  3. What a funny - or should I say phoney - story, Nan!

    :) Hope

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are aways too funny!! I's say more but I am knee deep in diapers today!!

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by today! Please feel free to subscribe to my blog and/or follow me on facebook. The links are at the bottom of each post.

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you! Please keep it nice and sweet and family friendly so I don't have to delete!

Please don't leave a link to your blog (or anyone else's) in your comment. Due to google's new comment spam policy, any comments with links will have to be deleted to protect both you and me!