Sunday, March 24, 2013

Making Your Home Sing Monday Linky Party


Welcome to the Making Your Home Sing Monday linky party! Every day you are doing something to make your house into a home for yourself and your family (if you have one). 

My point with each Monday post is, what are YOU doing or going to do today to make your home sing? It can be an attitude or an action. So have fun, do some blog hopping and if you want, link up!

Topics can include marriage, parenting, encouraging women, organization, cleaning, saving money, our behavior and attitudes, homemaking, homeschooling, recipes....the opportunities are endless.


Well I don't know about you but WE sure had an eventful weekend.  Our oldest son is engaged. Yesterday he asked his girlfriend of two years to marry him, and she said yes!

We already knew that he was proposing so it was just a matter of keeping our mouths shut and keeping it a secret until he popped the question.

Those were the feelings behind this post that I wrote last week about my children growing up.

They met their third year of college and developed a friendship that turned into love.  We love her and we love her family too!

She's a beautiful girl, inside and out and they really complement each other.  I'm just going to have to get used to that whole "mother-in-law" thing, lol!  I just can't imagine myself as a mother-in-law as I can't believe that my son is "old enough" to be married, even though he's 24!

Anyway, I don't have a post today.  My laptop is having trouble and so I am using our old computer and am having issues with that as well.  So I gave up on a post and am fighting to post this.  I plan on posting as usual this week but if I don't, it will be due to computer problems.

Note: Just wanted to add how excited I was to see 51 of you link up last week!  Thank you for participating.  I loved reading every one of your posts.  I hope that you will take a moment to visit one or two links yourself this week, and let them know that you dropped by so they can hop back and read your link! Also, it looks like hubby has fixed my laptop so blog business as usual this week!

What are you doing or going to do today to make your home sing? Please go here for instructions and/or ideas and come back here to link up to join us today! Please do not put your own "Making Your Home Sing Monday" Linky on your blog. As always, please don't forget to link to this post so that others can join the fun!

If you don't want to miss any blog posts, you can follow me or subscribe in your reader or by email.  You   can also find me here on facebook as well!  I'd love to connect with you!

21 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! What a blessing that you love your future daughter-in-law. It is such a gift. What until you have grandbabies. You will LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we are blessed to have been able to meet and get to know her. She lives a couple of hours away but we've been able to get to know her over the last couple of years. She's a keeper!

      I can't even imagine having grandbabies! I know I am going to love them, just as you said! :)

      Delete
  2. Congratulations!!! It sounds like a wonderful match. Family is so important.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. It's just such a blessing when you are able to love someone (and her family) who is going to be a part of YOUR family. They are all fun and they love the Lord too :)

      Delete
  3. Congratulations! How exciting for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! this is so exciting, thanks for sharing with us!! :)
    ANd thanks for the party, I am new follower and liked your fb page too :) come on by and say hello at http://christinescozycorner.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, so happy you linked up! It will be fun to get to know you and your blog! :)

      Delete
  5. Congrats to you and your family
    I have a feeling your going to be a great Mother in Law :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, thanks, Angie! I can't believe I'm going to be one! :)

      Delete
  6. Oh my goodness!!! Congratulations. What a fantastic, exciting, time for your family. Enjoy every minute of it! Anyone would be lucky to have you as a mother-in-law.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet!!!! Thank you, you all are making my day with your sweet comments! :)

      Delete
  7. I am just soo sorry about your computer issues!! I hope that they get fixed FAST as I will sure miss you if you aren't blogging this week!!

    So excited for you!! Being a Mom-in-Law isn't so bad!! Being a gramma is even better!!

    Thanks for the linkup!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks like hubby fixed the problem as it's been o.k. so far. I was forced to use the old computer and it was so slow and I would click on things and it wouldn't work, so I'd have to click several times to make it write down what I wanted to say, etc., It was awful and I just couldn't see spending hours and hours trying to get out one blog post.

      But the laptop is working great so far so yay hubby! Thanks! I am looking forward to it.

      Delete
  8. Congratulations! So happy that you're happy. Now you will have a daughter without going through labor and delivery.

    mommamindy.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. What exciting news! Much happiness to them. And you will be a wonderful mother-in-law! No doubt about that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwww, thank you! I hope I will be! :)

      Delete
  10. Oh thank you! You are so sweet. We are so excited, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Replies
    1. Yes and I'm just excited that I don't have to plan this one, lol!

      Delete

So glad you stopped by today! Please feel free to subscribe to my blog and/or follow me on facebook. The links are at the bottom of each post.

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you! Please keep it nice and sweet and family friendly so I don't have to delete!

Please don't leave a link to your blog (or anyone else's) in your comment. Due to google's new comment spam policy, any comments with links will have to be deleted to protect both you and me!