Monday, February 18, 2013

Do You Dread Or Love Mondays? & MYHSM Linky Party



Welcome to the Making Your Home Sing Monday linky party! Every day you are doing something to make your house into a home for yourself and your family (if you have one). 

My point with each Monday post is, what are YOU doing or going to do today to make your home sing? It can be an attitude or an action. So have fun, do some blog hopping and if you want, link up!

Topics can include marriage, parenting, encouraging women, organization, cleaning, saving money, our behavior and attitudes, homemaking, homeschooling, recipes....the opportunities are endless.

For many people, Monday is NOT a welcome day.  It's not necessarily because they hate their job, it's just because they hate to see the weekend end.

For some stay-at-home moms with young children, Monday is not a welcome day either. For some it's because daddy goes back to work and mom's on her own with the kids again.

But what if we looked at Monday differently?  What if we looked upon Monday as a fresh start?  What if we looked upon Monday as an opportunity to make a change this week?  What if we looked upon it as a chance to improve in an area we'd like to see change in?

What if Monday was our first step?


When the kids were little I loved having the extra freedom and help that the weekends brought because my husband was home.

But when Monday rolled around I also appreciated the fact that we were back in our routine again.  Weekends can be a bit chaotic and nap times can be hard to adhere too, and clutter can pile up.

So even though hubby wasn't around during the day to help, I did enjoy being able to stay home and get the kids back on their regular routine, pull the house back together, and get back into my OWN routine.

So today is Monday.  You have a chance to start over today.  To do something different.  To begin a new habit.  To stop an old one.  To make a change that will impact your life and your family's life in a positive way.

Today is Monday and it is waiting for you!  What will you do with it?  Don't waste it! 

What are you doing or going to do today to make your home sing? Please go here for instructions and/or ideas and come back here to link up to join us today! Please do not put your own "Making Your Home Sing Monday" Linky on your blog. As always, please don't forget to link to this post so that others can join the fun!

If you don't want to miss any blog posts, you can follow me or subscribe in your reader or by email.  You can also find me here on facebook as well!  I'd love to connect with you!

I am linking up to these linky parties:

TheBetterMom.com

The Life Of Faith

6 comments:

  1. Hi Nan,

    Great post! In fact it went along with what I was thinking about last night as I drifted off to sleep. I think God is trying to give me a gentle push and show me what I need to do :)

    Thanks my friend!

    Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes it amazes me how I will be thinking about something I need to do or an area I need to work on and suddenly, I can "stumble" across several posts about that same topic.

      Or the Lord will bring a verse to my mind and then I will come across the SAME verse in my blog reading that day and I KNOW He doesn't want me to miss that. It's like, "O.k. Lord, I get it! Thanks!"

      I love it when that happens! It's just a reaffirmation and let's me know I'm on the right track, lol!

      Delete
  2. I love Mondays too for the same reasons you mentioned. It's a fresh start, and I'm always hopeful about being more organized or getting more done at the start of the week.

    sagegrayson.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am always hopeful too! The funny thing is, I love Fridays too because then it's the "end" of staying on track and I get to relax a bit, lol!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for hosting. I am now following you on Facebook. Take a look at my blog when you need a good laugh.

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by today! Please feel free to subscribe to my blog and/or follow me on facebook. The links are at the bottom of each post.

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you! Please keep it nice and sweet and family friendly so I don't have to delete!

Please don't leave a link to your blog (or anyone else's) in your comment. Due to google's new comment spam policy, any comments with links will have to be deleted to protect both you and me!