Wednesday, February 13, 2013

That Spider Is Rockin' That Hairdo......


Once, when I was a teenager, my family left for the evening and I was home alone.  Or so I thought.......

Everything was fine until I discovered a big spider in the hallway.  I didn't know what to do.  My dad was gone, my brothers were gone, and there was just NO WAY that I was going to kill that spider.

But I couldn't just leave the spider there and go on my merry way.  I couldn't ignore it and I couldn't forget about it and I certainly couldn't walk away and leave it.  Neither was I going to sit in the hallway all night and babysit a spider.

For the record, it was at LEAST five feet long, three feet high and probably weighed 500 pounds so you know I just wasn't going to be safe in that house until I did something about it.

So, since I was already in the hallway, I kept one eye on the spider and walked backward into the bathroom and grabbed my mother's hairspray. 

You already know what's coming, don't you?
 



I sprayed the daylights out of that spider.

Poor thing, it tried to move away but I just kept spraying.  I don't think it liked it very much but its hair sure looked great!!!!!!

The next morning my mother brought me her nearly empty bottle and said "What happened to my hairspray?"

I just blamed it on the spider who done got his hair did.


If you don't want to miss any blog posts, you can follow me or subscribe in your reader or by email.  You   can also find me here on facebook as well!  I'd love to connect with you!

Be sure and come back Monday and link up to the Making Your Home Sing Monday  linky party!

10 comments:

  1. This is hilarious because of course whatever is closest is always the weapon of choice. When my daughter was about 2-1/2, I walked in the kitchen and she was scooping baby formula out of the can onto the floor (cha ching - and I also had a baby at the time). I asked what she was doing and said killing the bug. Expensive way to save us but she did. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha! That WAS expensive, lol! But at least she didn't hesitate to grab whatever was at hand, lol!

      Delete
  2. I have used hairspray many times on a wasp or spider to at least stun them so I could squash them! And feel bad doing it to them but they're the invader in my house. My husband does not. He takes a cup and a piece of paper and captures them and turns them loose outside. I admire that and always call him if he's home to catch and release anything I see. But if he's not home, hairspray it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will grab the cup and paper and do that with a bee, but I just can't bring myself to do it with a spider. I can't stand squashing them, I don't like to hear them go crunch.

      Delete
  3. Yep, works every time. I also will grab anything that sprays to stun the invader. We get a lot of wasps during the hot season (does PNW really have a hot season?) and I don't always like spraying the poison everywhere. Aerosol hair spring is an amazing weapon. I should probably keep one under my pillow...

    mommamindy.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never thought of using hairspray on a flying insect, lol! I use the cup and paper method to get rid of bees.

      Yes, definitely sleep with one under your pillow, then you can spray your hair in the middle of the night if need be, lol!

      Delete
  4. You are too funny!! I killed an ant the other day with Windex, LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Windex? Wow. I can totally see why that would work but it wouldn't have occurred to me, lol!

      Delete
  5. I have never tried hairspray. Where have I been all these years? Great story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't even know what made me think of it. I guess I was just desperate!

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you! Please keep it nice and sweet and family friendly so I don't have to delete!

Please don't leave a link to your blog (or anyone else's) in your comment. Due to google's new comment spam policy, any comments with links will have to be deleted to protect both you and me!

So I'd still love to hear from you! Just don't type out a link to share! ;)