Thursday, February 14, 2013

Seriously, All I Wanted Was A Cold Drink Of Water

Once upon a time I wanted something cold to drink.  So I went to the fridge to grab some of my favorite flavored water.  It was empty.

Well, the fridge wasn't empty.  I mean it was empty of my flavored water.  So I went to the pantry and grabbed a bottle

I like it cold so I stuck it in the freezer to get it cold.

Now I am fairly smart.  I know that if you stick a can of pop in the freezer and leave it there for a long time it will explode and you will have a huge mess of frozen pop all over your freezer to clean up. 

(Please don't ask me how I know that.)

So I stuck the bottle in the freezer and I set the timer for 25 minutes so I wouldn't forget.

Twenty-five minutes later the timer went off and like any intelligent person I thought:

"Why is the timer going off??????"


Then like a good, observant person I ignored it and went back to what I was doing.

The next day I went to get something out of the freezer and there was my bottle of water and I thought "Oh yeah, I forgot about that....."


Nearly frozen but still intact.  Please note my dog who is wondering why mommy is taking a picture of a bottle of water.  She obviously doesn't know about the great lengths I will go to for a blog post.

So I decided I would take the lid off and pour out just the small amount of water that wasn't frozen in there so I could have a nice cool drink.

It was like a volcano erupted in my kitchen and the carbonated water foamed over and over and OVER the top and spewed everywhere.

So then I thought "Never mind" and I put the cap back on as fast as I could and put the bottle in the fridge, figuring it would thaw in there and then I could drink it.


I was wrong.

My water that was partially frozen in the freezer was now 100% frozen in the fridge

Since the milk wasn't frozen in the fridge but my bottle of water was, I could only conclude that some sort of science was involved.

And since I don't homeschool anymore I don't really care WHAT happened.

So I placed the bottle of water on the counter so that it would thaw to room temperature and then I was back where I started again.

Sigh.

If you don't want to miss any blog posts, you can follow me or subscribe in your reader or by email.  You   can also find me here on facebook as well!  I'd love to connect with you!

Be sure and come back Monday and link up to the Making Your Home Sing Monday  linky party!

14 comments:

  1. Oh you had me laughing!!!!! And laughing!! I loved that you shared this. I ignore timers all the time. I also forget. I hope you get to drink your water soon without it bubbling into your face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one who forgets, lol! Yes, I did get to drink it and it was yummy!

      Delete
  2. Wonderful story! I, too, hope you get a nice cold drink of your favorite water soon, but without quite so much drama.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Drama is right, it was ridiculous. So many bubbles and foam! But at least I got a blog post out of it. :)

      Delete
  3. I have 'heard' (o:->) that writing yourself a note and sticking it under the timer when you set it, helps the remembering process.

    This is 'Lucy', signing off

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Ethel,

      That idea of writing a note is brilliant. Where we YOU when I needed you????

      Love,

      Lucy

      Delete
  4. hahaha....I love your cute dog in the background with a confused expression on his face :)

    Happy Valentine's Day, Nan!

    Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she's a cutie. Sometimes I wonder what she's thinking, lol! Happy Valentine's Day to you too, my friend!

      Delete
  5. I could just see that happening to you! And yes, it has happened to me too. I have had to start putting a post it note on my timer to help my memory out.

    Happy Valentine's Day, Nan!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to try that note thing too, because obviously I can't rely on my memory......

    Happy Valentine's Day to you too, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too hilarious! The line that about killed me was "since I don't homeschool any more I don't really care what happened".
    I was homeschooled k-12, I now homeschool my kids, EVERYTHING is turned into a lesson of learning. *yawn* I totally laughed at your homeschool one-liner!!

    Did you wonder what was in your drink that made it not freeze solid? I know whatever is in rubbing alcohol prevents it from freezing solid but I don't actually know what the ingredient is (and there's no homeschool students in the room reading over my shoulder asking - so I don't REALLY care either) :) Makes me nervous about whatever is in your drink though....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. As an ex-homeschooler with grown children, I have to restrain myself from the "everything's a lesson" mentality, because now they're older and know a lot of that stuff, lol! But when they were younger it was ON like Donkey Kong!

      I actually don't know why it didn't freeze solid. It might not have been in there long enough, I don't know. I'm not sure I WANT to know what's in there, lol!

      Delete
  8. Hi Nan!
    I came by to visit as I have not been to your blog for some time. LOVED, LOVED, LOVED your story! I had a good laugh, thank you!

    I have to agree with Stephanie, your cute dog looked confused. :)

    The Lord bless you! Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie! She's probably wondering why I'm not taking pictures of HER instead of a bottle of water, lol!

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you! Please keep it nice and sweet and family friendly so I don't have to delete!

Please don't leave a link to your blog (or anyone else's) in your comment. Due to google's new comment spam policy, any comments with links will have to be deleted to protect both you and me!

So I'd still love to hear from you! Just don't type out a link to share! ;)