Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Lazy Mom Cleans The Hot Spots

I have certain spots in my home that are clutter magnets.  Clutter just appears there without even trying.  Do you know what I mean?

It's frustrating.  It's as if the clutter has developed feet and is alive or something.  It couldn't possibly be MY fault or anyone else in the family's fault, right?

If you have hot spots or hot zones or clutter monsters, then you know what I'm talking about.   Well, let's take care of those hot spots the Lazy Mom way!


LAZY MOM TIP: Put Out The Hot Spots




Lazy Mom's motto: Make it easy, make it fun and get it done!

("Lazy" and "Mom" are not usually two words you'd put together in a sentence, are they? But sometimes we moms get tired and we DO feel like being lazy.  We've had a long day of doing stuff but there is more to be done!  That's when I suggest we do things the Lazy Mom way!) 

 
Click here for more Lazy Mom tips.

You can find more tips on preventing hot spots in several different rooms by clicking here.



Be sure and come back Monday and link up to the Making Your Home Sing Monday  linky party!


 I am linking up to these linky parties:

TheBetterMom.com
 

Growing HomeMondayswithCountrifiedHicksCourtship ConnectionWise-Woman-Builds   http://christianmommyblogger.com
Show and TellYour Homebased Mom
also We Are That Family and
A Bowl Full Of Lemons

15 comments:

  1. This is a good idea! It's easy to find 15 minutes to tackle a project, and the thought isn't too overwhelming. Thanks for linking up at Courtship Connection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for inviting me, it was fun! :)

      Delete
  2. Doesn't it seem like all it takes is ONE thing on a cleared surface to become a magnet to piles of stuff, just one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup. That really is all it takes. Someone sets one thing down and then someone else says "Well, that looks like a good spot, I'll set it there FOR NOW." Pretty soon you have a pile.

      That "for now" can become forever, lol!

      Delete
  3. Doing things the Lazy Mom way is great!! I'm a big fan of setting the timer and having goals. Great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh me too. The timer lets me know that there's an end to it!

      Delete
  4. I am going to set the timer!! My bedroom has become a huge hot spot when it is usually neat! My desk is a wreck and a sore spot for my poor eyes!! I think I'll use the oven time (hahaha!!) since I am making cookies.

    See ya...I have to go put out a huge fire the 'lazy firemom way'!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Firemom, cute.....love it! Yes, ever since I hurt my back I haven't certain areas that used to be clean and are now messy.

      Day before yesterday I took my own advice and dealt with those hot spots!

      Delete
    2. Just thank stopping back to thank you for linking up over at WholeHearted Home. I also just wanted to thank you for motivating me to put out the fire in my bedroom!! NOW THERE IS A HOTSPOT IN MY CLOSET!!!! Do you have a fire hydrant???

      Delete
  5. Great ideas! Why do papers and junk multiply but the chocolate divides?

    I really like the way you break things down into little portions to conquer.

    mommamindy.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the quote about the chocolate, lol!

      Yes, I figured if I broke it down then maybe I (or others) would be more likely to do it! :)

      Delete
  6. Thanks for the great idea! I have so many of those spots ALL over my house! I like the idea of a timer. It makes it seem not so looming!

    www.preachteach.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like using a timer too, because I figure I can do anything for a few minutes! :)

      Delete
  7. I will have to use the timer, too...things get way ahead of me sometimes, until my house resembles a war zone! I usually search the TV channels until I find something like "Hoarding: Buried Alive", and then I attsck the mess with a vengeance, usually making excellent progress. My husband comes home at the end of a day like that and can scarcely believe his eyes...I have a close relative who is a hoarder, and seeing that state of disaster in someone's house is an amazing motivator!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to know a gal who was a hoarder, actually two gals. One of them never let you in her house, but the other one didn't seem to mind. I have allergies and asthma and so I couldn't go in her house though. Too much for me.

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you! Please keep it nice and sweet and family friendly so I don't have to delete!

Please don't leave a link to your blog (or anyone else's) in your comment. Due to google's new comment spam policy, any comments with links will have to be deleted to protect both you and me!

So I'd still love to hear from you! Just don't type out a link to share! ;)