Friday, February 8, 2013

Just Keeping It Real Every Now And Then


Several weeks ago one of my friends brought her daughter over to my house at 7:30 on a Saturday morning so I could babysit her.  My friend was attending a conference in the area.

I answered the door in my jammies.  Because.I.Could

She went outside to her car and I decided to run out there and tell her something.  I wasn't worried.  It was 7:30 in the morning and so I figured that no one would see me and my friend had already seen my pajamas.  (Lucky girl.)

So I went running down the driveway out to the van.  And stopped about a foot away.

Her van was filled with people

 Did I mention I am a pastor's wife?  Yup.  The van was filled with people.  From our church.  

Women people. And worse yet, MEN people.

People who probably don't need nor want to see their pastor's wife in her Tinker Bell pajamas and fluffy slippers.

Did I also mention that I hadn't washed my face or combed my hair or hadn't even brushed my teeth yet?

So there I am, uncombed snarled hair.  Blechy teeth.  Jammies.

Yep.  Just another day in the life of a pastor's wife who apparently likes to shake up the church every now and then.


16 comments:

  1. Yep!! I knew it!! You'd get me laughing at 6:30am!! BUT where is the picture for this post?? I want to see you picture of you in your jammies!! AND...you can't see what I am wearing nor if my hair is brushed YET!!

    Have a wonderful day bringing smiles to people's faces!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No pictures, lol! Wouldn't want to terrify anyone, haha.

      Delete
  2. LOL Ohhhhhh wow. You like to give them something to talk about don't you. ;-) BTW...I would love to have you as a leader in our church. You always make people smile. Thanks for having the courage to share your stories with us too! Thanks for keeping it real! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, you're such a sweetie! Fortunately all the people were laughing and had a really good attitude about it so I wasn't too embarrassed, lol!

      Delete
  3. PICTURE! We NEED A PICTURE!

    Why can I just imagine you doing that? Because you have no secrets. I agree with Mary Joy, would love to have you in our fellowship! :)

    mommamindy.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No pictures, lol! That's just too much trauma for the morning, lol!

      Delete
  4. Hi 'Ethel' :-D Glad to hear that your still being you! ;->

    'Lucy' here, signing off....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, yes, that probably would only happen to me, lol!

      Delete
  5. Ha, ha, ha! Oh, Nan, this sound just like the things that happen to me...I feel your pain/embarrassment.

    You are the good humor girl for sure.

    Hugs,
    Hope

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good, I am not alone then, lol! Yes, it was embarrassing but they laughed and were very good about it so I didn't feel bad, just embarrassed.

      Delete
  6. Ha Ha- That is pretty funny. Anyone that stops by my house can expect to see me in my jammies. If I don't have to go out that day, I don't normally get dressed. Lazy, I know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I can't stand not getting dressed, unless I'm sick or something. It drives me nuts.

      I can't stand cleaning in my pajamas, or even trying to organize something. I like feeling like I am "prepared" to leave the house at a moment's notice or something.

      Honestly, I felt like I had to get dressed because it would have driven me nuts if my kids wore their pajamas all day. And how could I make them get dressed if I wasn't willing to? Lol!

      Also, I do it for my hubby too! :)

      Delete
  7. I agree, a picture would have been fun!!
    Too hilarious.
    My guess before I read the ending, was that the friend's little girl locked you out of the house and you were left standing on the porch watching her mother drive away and wondering how to get back in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually take my keys if I have to step outside because I am afraid that she might accidentally lock me out, lol!

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you! Please keep it nice and sweet and family friendly so I don't have to delete!

Please don't leave a link to your blog (or anyone else's) in your comment. Due to google's new comment spam policy, any comments with links will have to be deleted to protect both you and me!

So I'd still love to hear from you! Just don't type out a link to share! ;)