Friday, January 11, 2013

You're The Reason Mommy Can't Have Nice Things

My dog, Kenzie, likes to hang out with me when I'm in the kitchen.  She's always hoping I will drop something and her patience is usually rewarded.

I'm sure she's saying "Please, stop with the pictures already and go cook something and please, if it wouldn't be too much trouble, could you drop some food already?!!  I'm tired of waiting."


"Hey, look what I found!!!  Hmmmmmm.  This doesn't smell very good and green isn't really my color.  It clashes with my eyes.  Oh well.  Let's try the taste test before someone takes it away from me."

"Whaaat? I'm not doing anything. Maybe if I quickly look away and try and look innocent she won't notice anything.  This is me looking away.  See?  I sure wish I could whistle."

"Can I help you with something?  No??  O.k.  Well, you just go ahead and do whatever it is you do.  I'll just sit here and chill in my bed.  No really, I'm fine.  No worries.  No, seriously, I'm FINE.   You don't have to come back and check on me.  I'm not gonna do anything....."

"Finally!!!!!  I thought she'd NEVER leave. Now let's get down to business."


 "I'm sorry.  Were you going to USE this????????"

Sometimes I just have to tell my dog...........

"You're the reason mommy can't have nice things!"


(Well, that and the fact that I grabbed the camera instead of taking this away from her.  But no worries, she hasn't chewed anything since!)


If you don't want to miss any blog posts, you can follow me or subscribe in your reader or by email.  You can also find me here on facebook as well!  I'd love to connect with you!

Be sure and come back Monday and link up to the Making Your Home Sing Monday meme!

9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Awwww, thanks! She's a little spoiled diva but I love her, lol!

      Delete
  2. Awww...Kenzie is adorable :) I enjoyed the pictures and the story that went along. I will have to show my son and read it to him - he loves animals.

    Have a great weekend, Nan!

    Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how sweet! I hope he enjoys it and tell him I said "hi!" I'm sure Kenzie would love to cuddle with him and lick his little face off, lol!

      Delete
  3. I can't have nice things because my kids are THAT age. =/ The age of distruction...or take it to play with and never return. The dog just licks it and gives it back. ugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true about the dog. I remember that age. My youngest son broke two lamps, a t.v. and a VCR (remember those? Lol!) all before he turned two years old. He was a little destructive dynamo.

      His older brother made a nice mural on all the walls and doors in the hallway. Have no idea what *I* was doing during all of this, lol!

      Delete
  4. Kenzie blogs beautifully! And I wish I could pick her up and love on her. I can just picture her whistling away, so nonchalantly.

    That's one sweet companion, Nan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you could too. She's a good cuddler!

      Delete
  5. It seems like having a puppy is just like having a child. I actually found myself giddy with excitement over the fact that I will get to buy new pots and pans when the kids move out and stop starting stuff on fire and scraping the teflon off my pans!

    MommaMindy@WordPress.com

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by today! Please feel free to subscribe to my blog and/or follow me on facebook. The links are at the bottom of each post.

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you! Please keep it nice and sweet and family friendly so I don't have to delete!

Please don't leave a link to your blog (or anyone else's) in your comment. Due to google's new comment spam policy, any comments with links will have to be deleted to protect both you and me!