Thursday, January 3, 2013

Your Math Teacher Looks Like A Whaaaaat???


So it was a little after 9:00 PM and I was reading through my blog emails and suddenly it hits me......I have a blog!

I have a blog which means I'm supposed to have a blog post for tomorrow (which is today as you read this).  Who knew?

I blame the holidays.  And IKEA and Goodwill and Jimmy John's and my friend Linda.

Because I was hanging with her when I should have been home writing a blog post.  Oh and popcorn.  I blame popcorn too.

So I don't have a blog post for today and probably won't have a great one for Friday either the way my brain is going.

But I will leave you with this lovely conversation I had with my 19 year old son earlier today:


My son:  "Mom, do you remember the orangutan in the "Planet Of The Apes" movie?  My math teacher looks like him."

Me: "Your math teacher looks like an orangutan?"

My son: "Nooooo.  He looks like the actor who PLAYED the orangutan.  Paul Giamatti."

Me:  "Ohhhhh....."


College would probably be a lot more fun if his teacher actually WAS an orangutan.

I also want you to know that I actually had to look up the spelling of orangutan for this post.  Do you know how long it's been since I had to spell orangutan.....if ever?????

So, do you actually know how to spell it?

I do.

I-T.

O.k.  I'm leaving now.  It's going to be a long week.  Come back tomorrow and see if it gets any better......


If you don't want to miss any blog posts, you can follow me or subscribe in your reader or by email.  You   can also find me here on facebook as well!  I'd love to connect with you!

Be sure and come back Monday and link up to the Making Your Home Sing Monday meme!

6 comments:

  1. Your brain and my brain seem to be hanging out together somewhere. Could you send mine back if you happen to see it first? Thanks.

    I blame (_________)! You name it, I'll probably blame it.
    HUGS!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nan, you never cease to make me laugh my booty off. LOL! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL LOL See now I love that you post like this. Sometimes I think, as bloggers, we can take ourselves too seriously. There are blogs who's purpose is to be like a magazine. But there are others who are more relaxed and just share glimpses into their lives or share as the Lord leads or whatever is on their minds or hearts. I love that you let us get to know the real you and your family. That's what makes your blog so much fun to visit. So as far as I am concerned. This is a blog post. A fun one. You gave me a smile at the beginning of my day, a chuckle when I needed it. And that is a wonderful way to blog. So just keep being you. That's what we love about you. Keeping it real.

    Have a great day and I love the relationship you have with your kids. Very cool. Great job, mom.

    Blessings,

    Mary Joy

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHA!! I've missed reading you here. I know I know...my own fault. I need to delete my blog here and start a new one. I want to do a school one, but I'm not clever enough Idk...maybe something.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, how easy it is to get sidetracked, so many distractions and times I have to say, "Lord, I can't think of a thing to say so you'll have to show me." And then there are times I go ahead and know I wasn't listening. But you did it! A post! I'd have to also look up how to spell Giamatti. Uh-oh, there's a red line under that so I should have looked back to how you spelled it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL you always have me laughing so much!! Something I need to do more of.

    I cracked a joke tonight and my son told me it was dry. His sister said he still should like my joke because many of his jokes are dry!!

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by today! Please feel free to subscribe to my blog and/or follow me on facebook. The links are at the bottom of each post.

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you! Please keep it nice and sweet and family friendly so I don't have to delete!

Please don't leave a link to your blog (or anyone else's) in your comment. Due to google's new comment spam policy, any comments with links will have to be deleted to protect both you and me!