Sunday, January 13, 2013

Sick Again and MYHSM Linkup

I am starting the second week of my cold, or I am starting a second cold.  I don't know if that's even possible but then, I've always tried to be a bit of an overachiever.

It was getting better and now I am back to clogged nasal passages and a cough.  TMI, sorry.

My sweet hubby is working his way through the flu and he almost NEVER gets the flu.  Thursday his fever was up to 103, then it went down to 102 and then Saturday it was 100.  Sunday night it shot back up to 102.  This is one nasty flu, people!

He wasn't able to preach on Sunday at all as he still had a fever and felt pretty tired. Wouldn't want to expose anyone, anyway.

Now I KNOW that you did not come on this blog to listen to me complain about my health.  I'm also pretty sure that you don't want to know that I'm down to one nostril here, folks.  By this evening, I suspect both will be all clogged up (AGAIN) and I will be breathing through my mouth and not sleeping much tonight. And whining.

I hab a code in by doze and I'mb all 'tuffed up.  *cough*sneeze*hack*

I got my flu shot back in October so I'm hoping it will protect me from hubby's flu but I'm not going to count on it.  I thought it was funny that my mother told me "I hope you're staying away from your hubby."  It made me laugh, lol!

So, this week I will be taking care of my hubby and myself, and watching my mom who seems to be coming down with something as well.  If I feel better and feel up to blogging I will.  I have a couple of posts in my drafts folder that just need a little tweaking before I post them so I can always use those if I feel up to editing them!

Taking it easy is how I am going to make my home sing this week.  Have a great week, y'all.

Now join us for the Making Your Home Sing Monday meme! 




Making your home sing Mondays

Welcome to the Making Your Home Sing Monday meme! Every day you are doing something to make your house into a home for yourself and your family (if you have one). 

My point with each Monday post is, what are YOU doing or going to do today to make your home sing? It can be an attitude or an action. So have fun, do some blog hopping and if you want, link up!

Topics can include marriage, parenting, encouraging women, organization, cleaning, saving money, our behavior and attitudes, homemaking, homeschooling, recipes....the opportunities are endless. 

What are you doing or going to do today to make your home sing? Please go here for instructions and/or ideas and come back here to link up to join us today! Please do not put your own "Making Your Home Sing Monday" Linky on your blog. As always, please don't forget to link to this post so that others can join the fun!

If you don't want to miss any blog posts, you can follow me or subscribe in your reader or by email.  You can also find me here on facebook as well!  I'd love to connect with you!

19 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear you are SO sick! Germs, germs go away, come again NEVER!

    Praying for healing for all.

    mommamindy.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your prayers, my friend! I have been "desperately" praying for healing! I hate to be sick, lol! I especially hate not being able to breathe through my nose at all. Especially at night.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the linkup again. I am sorry that you are still SOOOOOOOOOO sick!! I sneezed and had to find a handkerchief (remember what those are??) so thanks also for sharing your germs ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do remember. I am so sorry I spread the germs onto your computer, lol! I was trying to be careful, haha.

      Delete
  3. Thank you for hosting. I hope you feel better quickly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rose. Me too! ;) It's never fun to be sick, is it? I pray that you guys make it through flu season without it touching you!

      Delete
  4. You poor thing! I hate that one nostril condition. And with both of you sick in the house you don't have anyone to nurse you, do you? It is terrible here in TN too. Makes me want to hibernate for a long time.

    Are you using a vaporizer? Using Ocean's Spray?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there's no one to help. My oldest bad back is acting up so he is lying on the couch in a lot of pain and working from home this week. His brother is going to college during the day and working at night so he's hardly here and of course hubby and my mom are sick too.

      I'm just thankful that my fever is holding at 101.5 and hasn't climbed any higher yet today. That is a blessing and I'm praying for quick healing.

      Delete
  5. Oh no! Sorry you're still battling.
    I was just sick last week with a cold and I will tell you this... NETI POT!! Have you ever tried one? Say goodbye to stuffed nostrils. These things are magic. Seriously! I have fought off TWO sinus infections in 4 days without antibiotics thanks to the neti pot. Ear, Nose, Throat Surgeons recommend them too. They will help clear the common cold too.
    They do sell them at WalMart for about $14.

    Just DO NOT forget to lock the bathroom door. It looks a little funny while you're doing it and your husband may walk in and then nearly drawn you while he laughs and you swallow salt water - yes laugh, it happened to me. :)
    BUT SERIOUSLY, the Neti Pot is awesome! Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I sent you an email but know I don't remember for sure, lol! But if I ever try it I will totally lock the bathroom door so I don't drown, lol!

      Delete
    2. Oh, sorry! That's strange. Maybe I just left the comment on your blog instead, and only THOUGHT I emailed, lol! I don't remember now. It was nothing big, just a comment about the neti pot!

      Delete
    3. I even checked my SPAM. Very strange. Thanks for trying. Hoping you are feeling better.

      Delete
  6. Oh friend! I hope you two feel better soon! I know it is miserable to be sick, especially for so long! Praying your hubby is better soon too. Blessings to you guys and wish I could bring you some chicken soup!

    Blessings!

    Mary Joy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my dear! I'll bet your chicken soup would be amazing!!!!

      Delete
  7. I need to join up one day...oh my! Blessings and healing in your household.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, do! It would be fun! Thank you, my friend! We're hanging in there!

      Delete
  8. Hello Nan,

    I'll pray for you.

    I have been away for awhile and just returned home at 0 dark 30 Monday night.

    I have changed my blog URL for my blog The Simple Life of Hope.

    My new URL is:
    http://thesimplelifeofhope-updated.blogspot.com/

    Much love,

    Hope

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I appreciate the prayers! Glad to see you back. Thanks for the update on the URL. I will pop over and check it out.

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you! Please keep it nice and sweet and family friendly so I don't have to delete!

Please don't leave a link to your blog (or anyone else's) in your comment. Due to google's new comment spam policy, any comments with links will have to be deleted to protect both you and me!

So I'd still love to hear from you! Just don't type out a link to share! ;)